Has coach Bohl tried to copy

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

what other successful teams do? This is where I’d start if I were a coach and my team hadn’t scored in six straight quarters. Like just do what other successful teams with similar a talent level do. Copy their routes, protections, run pass balance, down and distance etc. the dude needs serious help
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I'm convinced more than ever that it is the QB situation. Where Bohl fell flat is either 1) was too stubborn to recognize he didn't have a good enough passer and stubbornly thought his run philosophy could overcome the passing deficiency or 2) he bought into all the bs about being a development team and QB guru so thought he could mold the QBs into successful passers.

Obviously neither happened but I think the QB ability limits the playbook more so than coaching philosophy. Bohl is still to blame but I think they've seen things in practice that if you give the QBs a little rope to play, they'll hang the offense-- like we saw Sat.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Wyoming has more troubles than just at the QB position. This is supposed to be one of the best O lines in years, yet they continually commit stupid penalties, fail to open holes, and sometimes look like a revolving door on pass protection. If Josh Allen came back to play tomorrow, he would be running for his life behind this line. Our running backs are good, if they are given a lane to run in. Our tight ends can catch and we have a couple of receivers who could be really good - unfortunately we don't have anybody who can get the ball close to them inbounds. Bohl needs to fix the O line and the QB. Until then, this team will struggle with anyone with a pulse.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

CowboyNV wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:14 am Wyoming has more troubles than just at the QB position. This is supposed to be one of the best O lines in years, yet they continually commit stupid penalties, fail to open holes, and sometimes look like a revolving door on pass protection. If Josh Allen came back to play tomorrow, he would be running for his life behind this line. Our running backs are good, if they are given a lane to run in. Our tight ends can catch and we have a couple of receivers who could be really good - unfortunately we don't have anybody who can get the ball close to them inbounds. Bohl needs to fix the O line and the QB. Until then, this team will struggle with anyone with a pulse.
Line definitely has issues but the lack of a consistent pass threat makes it easy on the D and hard on the Oline. I think fixing the passing game would help the oline, but I do agree with you.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.