It's time: The Vigen Apology Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Dear Brent, over the years I felt the offensive struggles rested mostly at your feet. It is now clear that the play calling was to match personnel or was at the direction of CB. I believe the former but I'm sure that can be debated. You are not without blame because you recruited and developed QBs that aren't able to throw at the FBS level. However, my statements regarding your game planning and play calling were obviously unwarranted. My apologies.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Uh, I’ll wait. His offense looked as anemic as ever vs Weber.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I actually think they have recruited QB’s that can throw at the FBS level. The problem is they got here and get worse under the coaching here.

Even Josh had to be retaught how to throw in the NFL. It’s development that is the problem.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Montana St is undefeated since playing Wyo. I think that speaks for itself. Vigen was an easy target for the criticism.
I'm good for 3!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Cornpoke wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 am Montana St is undefeated since playing Wyo. I think that speaks for itself. Vigen was an easy target for the criticism.
I'll admit I was bashing Vigen like the rest of ya. But after what's been going on with this team I can say Vigen wasn't the problem. Bohl is the problem. Well...just lack of developing the QB is the problem.

Amazing how we had so much great NFL talent in 2016 and we still couldn't win the MWC Championship. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:27 am Uh, I’ll wait. His offense looked as anemic as ever vs Weber.
I think it's safe to say we didn't improve much if at all without him which to me means he wasn't the main problem even if he wasn't a good
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Honestly the Vigen offense may not have moved the ball much but it rarely put the ball in harm’s way. A conservative offense against Fresno and we have a much better chance of winning the way the defense played.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

What's really weird is that we went to a more pass focused offense this year, knowing that our starting QB couldn't pass.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:32 pm Honestly the Vigen offense may not have moved the ball much but it rarely put the ball in harm’s way. A conservative offense against Fresno and we have a much better chance of winning the way the defense played.
We would have been better off with QB sneak or kneel on it. That's obviously not offense but would have been just as effective.

Bohl's inability to field even a marginal offense is mind boggling.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

We have the least creative run game I’ve ever seen. Straight up the middle. No tosses, few sweeps, no draws, few screens, no options, not much rpo, never give it to the fullback ever, same look on everything that’s not our 2 minute offense.

How easy to defend are we
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:59 am I actually think they have recruited QB’s that can throw at the FBS level. The problem is they got here and get worse under the coaching here.

Even Josh had to be retaught how to throw in the NFL. It’s development that is the problem.
Our last several QBs (Josh, TVW, Chambers, Williams) have all basically had the same exact flaws. Happy feet in the pocket, strong arm but no consistency with being able to hit open receivers, athletic but mistake prone. Unsurprisingly that makes it very difficult to have a real pass offense. The only time we could do it with any of those guys was one year with Josh, because he had real weapons and the physical ability to run sideways and throw a 50 yard pass to the corner of the end zone. If that is what we need to have even an average passing offense,we are in big, big trouble for years to come.
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

The frustrating thing is that we have the second most returning players in all college football. Bohl. Said this his most experienced team and we have laid 2 huge eggs in 2 games. What does that say about Bohl rasing the bar this year. !!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:45 pm We have the least creative run game I’ve ever seen. Straight up the middle. No tosses, few sweeps, no draws, few screens, no options, not much rpo, never give it to the fullback ever, same look on everything that’s not our 2 minute offense.

How easy to defend are we
I finally saw a toss sweep and it went for -3
W-Y, Until I Die!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:35 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:32 pm Honestly the Vigen offense may not have moved the ball much but it rarely put the ball in harm’s way. A conservative offense against Fresno and we have a much better chance of winning the way the defense played.
We would have been better off with QB sneak or kneel on it. That's obviously not offense but would have been just as effective.

Rewind about 15 years and we were saying the same thing about Joe Glenn. Coaches that have been stubborn of change and accept mediocrity has been the bane of Wyoming Football...

If Wyoming Football has been forced into the belief that 3rd tier bowl games against Directional State teams is a criteria for success, then we already are roadkill in the grand scheme of CFB.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

PokeTransplant wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:14 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:35 pm

Rewind about 15 years and we were saying the same thing about Joe Glenn. Coaches that have been stubborn of change and accept mediocrity has been the bane of Wyoming Football...

If Wyoming Football has been forced into the belief that 3rd tier bowl games against Directional State teams is a criteria for success, then we already are roadkill in the grand scheme of CFB.
Yeah, Cockhill was a maniac and had a real knack for screwing up QBs. Really, other than the Josh years, WYO hasn't had much of an offense since pool table guy. Even the spread guru d*ckhead guy wasn't that great.

Crazy how similar Bohl and Glenn are.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:52 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:27 am Uh, I’ll wait. His offense looked as anemic as ever vs Weber.
I think it's safe to say we didn't improve much if at all without him which to me means he wasn't the main problem even if he wasn't a good
This, exactly....It's pretty much impossible to make the case now that Bohl was being held back by Vigen. Bohl owns his reputation as a HC that has terrible offenses at the FBS level, full stop.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

It will be interesting to watch this weekend. I'm betting we go back to a Vigen-like offense for the rest of the season.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

Subcanis wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:51 am Image
:rofl: :thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

One thing is guar own teed, we can't win a damn game with zero's on the scoreboard.

Bohl may be certifiably delusional for not trying another QB. Turning the reigns over over to Polasek or whomever, is the best option now as he is losing the fanbase like a Wyoming wildfire with the present results.

Newsflash: Bohl, we're tired of it. The bs is stinking up the high altitude. Its HC we want to score some points.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.