QBs in transfer portal

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Some interesting options in the portal. I wonder if Bohl is looking at all. Deuce Hogan is in there and was pretty highly recruited. Several others already declared too.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

We are a "developmental" program. Craig has decreed it and it is so. Do not question him. In his mind, change shows weakness. Adaptation means your initial idea was wrong - and he is never wrong. Pope Bohl is never wrong.

All of this is to say that the chances of us going into the portal for anything are slim and none.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:25 am We are a "developmental" program. Craig has decreed it and it is so. Do not question him. In his mind, change shows weakness. Adaptation means your initial idea was wrong - and he is never wrong. Pope Bohl is never wrong.

All of this is to say that the chances of us going into the portal for anything are slim and none.
This is over the top.

Some of our bet players during Bohl's tenure were transfers (Allen, Hollister). A few have added depth (Trey Smith, Rocket Ismail),
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I do think Bohl is stuck in the thickets of past history. Its been advocated he is a CEO, after 8 seasons its truly doubtful. CEO’s perform or they are outed, and booted from their position. He, I believe is a value driven coach that simply plays from an old program, and really is not able to risk at the right levels to get out his own shadow. Simply put, he’s got the chassis with the wrong power train to accomplish what he’d like to be able to take to the track. Hope I’m wrong, but this program won’t compete unless he steps down or is replaced.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:34 am
LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:25 am We are a "developmental" program. Craig has decreed it and it is so. Do not question him. In his mind, change shows weakness. Adaptation means your initial idea was wrong - and he is never wrong. Pope Bohl is never wrong.

This is over the top.

Some of our bet players during Bohl's tenure were transfers (Allen, Hollister). A few have added depth (Trey Smith, Rocket Ismail),
A little. But Bohl himself regularly reminds us that he doesn’t like to go into the portal and instead wants to maintain his program through development. He is quite aggressive about it actually. I’ve heard it many many times in his pressers.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I was thinking the same thing LawPoke.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Year 9 is gonna be same ol same ol
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... e1e83.html

Montana State starting QB Matt McKay entered the transfer portal during the middle of MSU’s playoff run. Sounds like a great teammate.

In the most Vigen stat line ever, MSU started a true freshman QB that threw for 50 yards on 8-20 passing and ran for 186 yards in the Bobcats 26-7 playoff win.