QB

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Ronalduw
Buckaroo

So we have the Juco QB. Good news is we have been after him for a year and a half. Now, even according to him, we sign a grad transfer (only the buffalo one is known thus far) Should be interesting...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Ronalduw wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:28 pm So we have the Juco QB. Good news is we have been after him for a year and a half. Now, even according to him, we sign a grad transfer (only the buffalo one is known thus far) Should be interesting...
What does that say about the other 4 young quarterbacks on the roster that we are bringing in the young JUCO? Beerup, Gibbs, Becker and Clemons. Seems like the shotgun approach.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Did the Snow college starter also sign with a D-1 school? Anyone know?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:17 am Did the Snow college starter also sign with a D-1 school? Anyone know?
Didn’t he sign with us?
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:39 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:17 am Did the Snow college starter also sign with a D-1 school? Anyone know?
Didn’t he sign with us?
I understand svoboda was the backup. What I’m getting at is why are we signing a juco backup. Hoping that there was some stud ahead of svoboda and that is the reason svoboda could not win the starting job at a juco
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:50 am
Didn’t he sign with us?
I understand svoboda was the backup. What I’m getting at is why are we signing a juco backup. Hoping that there was some stud ahead of svoboda and that is the reason svoboda could not win the starting job at a juco
Actually, I believe Svoboda was 3rd or 4th string at Snow College. But in fairness the plan may have always been to redshirt Svoboda (who knows).

Depth Chart at Snow this past year apparently was: Gabe Sweeten, Tommy McGrath and then the rest. I don’t see Sweeten or McGrath offered/signing with anyone at least yet.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:50 am
Didn’t he sign with us?
I found some information for you that…you will have to decide.

In the prior season at Snow, Garrison Beach was referred to as a ‘star QB’ in several articles and he was the starter in front of McGrath and Sweeten (this year’s Snow starters). Beach just recently signed to play QB with NAIA Midland University.

However, in the year 2000, Snow had a quarterback
by the name of Josh Heupel.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

The kid didn't start until his senior year in high school, too. Let's put it this way, Bohl didn't use a scholarship on him last year. I realize that we had a lot of QBs on the roster at that time but if there was another Josh Allen, would Bohl have signed him regardless of number of QBs? If the answer is no, then the whole guru at identifying unrecruited nfl talent thing is poop.

Still lots of QBs in portal. Sure hoping for someone a little more experienced.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I’m confused too. We recruited him out of high school and didn’t offer but a year after he went to juco and threw 18 passes, he’s our guy? Supposedly he has huge arm. Good luck to him.

What’s the way too early odds on who starts?
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:08 pm I’m confused too. We recruited him out of high school and didn’t offer but a year after he went to juco and threw 18 passes, he’s our guy? Supposedly he has huge arm. Good luck to him.

What’s the way too early odds on who starts?
I’m putting 2-1 odds that the week 1 starter is not on the roster yet.