USU QB Trade

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LawPoke wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:38 am
hickaggie wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:00 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:58 pm I’ve watched a little bit of peasley and my impression is that he has a decent arm and is fairly accurate. He is at least as quick and elusive as Williams without Williams’ elite top end speed. I think pease is probably a more natural thrower of the ball and probably a more natural qb, but perhaps a weaker arm than Williams, but a better motion. Peasley is not the athlete Williams is, but we need a qb and not some elite athlete masquerading as a qb. This makes me feel a bit better about next year
I sure hope you are right about Williams speed and athleticism because Peasley's calling card has been as a legit low 4.4 guy who has some legit pocket quickness to boot. He would be an ideal triple QB and if he can get consistent in the throw game and see receivers a bit better he could be a monster to deal with because of his ability to torch a D with his legs when things break down. He averaged about 9 yards a carry.

If Williams is faster than that I'm excited for the pickup. I really like Peasley and hope he can put it all together.

Look at the New Mexico highlight at the 10:30 mark here to see what I'm talking about. He's had 3-4 similar runs. I know its the Lobos but still...

Have a look at the highlights from our game against the Lobos last year...
Does YouTube allow the posting of videos that short?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:36 am Peasley came into their Air Force game this year and helped beat Air Force at Air Force. He looked good doing it also.

He is a better thrower than Williams. As long as Wyoming’s coaching staff doesn’t screw him up.

Peasley comes in at around 6 minute mark on video below.

https://youtu.be/eNuXTVPwAck
If he stayed at usu, do you think he beats out Levi and their other guy?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:52 am
seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:36 am Peasley came into their Air Force game this year and helped beat Air Force at Air Force. He looked good doing it also.

He is a better thrower than Williams. As long as Wyoming’s coaching staff doesn’t screw him up.

Not sure. I think Peasley is a better thrower than Levi is now.

That may be because Utah St. has better Qb coaching and offensive coaching than Wyoming does. Levi may get better at Utah St with better coaching and Peasley may get worse at Wyoming because of coaching.

That’s why it is hard to say. After this many years, I can definitely say the problem with Wyoming’s QB’s under Bohl is the coaching. It isn’t the players. They have brought in plenty of guys that could throw the ball well when they got to Laramie. For some reason every one of them gets worse the longer they are with this coaching staff. So I don’t really think it matters who they bring it at QB.

They had a first round pick at QB in Josh’s last year at Wyoming and finished 105th out of 130 teams in scoring offense. So that pretty much tells me everything I need to know on who is at fault for the QB and offensive woes. It’s all coaching. Until the whole offensive staff is changed it won’t get better, or maybe the head coach.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Peasley is a hard one to gauge with so little game time film to watch.

He's quite the athlete and supposedly has 4.4 speed and it looks like that is about right based on a few of his in game TD runs. Looks like a QB in the style of Brett Smith.

He looks like he might be a better passer than Chambers or Williams but who knows? Problem is he basically fits Bohl's template, a QB who is more athlete than QB. It's clear by now for this system to work you need a QB who is QB first and a athlete second.

Twitter police are after me for being negative. I hope the kid comes in and makes his mark but it's going to be an uphill road for him with this system.and coaching staff. If the best we can do in the portal with a starting spot pretty much guaranteed is an injury prone backup QB from Utah State that tells you all you need to know about the state of the program.
hickaggie
Buckaroo

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:52 am

He was not going to beat out Bonner next year but Bonner gets hit 30 times a game and plays on one leg until he finally has to come out so there is playing time for the backup. I know the staff really liked him and even though Bonner was Anderson's guy gave him every chance in the world to win the job. I have no idea on Williams and the guy who came in and won our bowl game will be pushing for that spot too.

However, in a system that values a running QB with fewer reads and play action like Wyoming I think Peasley has the capability of being a stud. He's got to get better at finding the right guy and getting the ball out though. He also has an injury history, ACL in 2018, Shoulder this year. Who knows? I like him though and as a Wyoming resident I am excited to watch him and hopefully see him come around.

Peasley is still really young developmentally for being around 3 years. He tore his ACL his freshman/redshirt year in mop up duty as the 3rd string guy behind Love, missed all of 2019, and was part of the Gary Andersen poop show last year. I think he can be good but we'll see.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Wicks wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:38 am If the best we can do in the portal with a starting spot pretty much guaranteed is an injury prone backup QB from Utah State that tells you all you need to know about the state of the program.
Elephant in the room.

Let's put it this way, I doubt Peasley was first option out of the Portal. The Snow College kid didn't get offered last year.

Yeah, on the surface this looks like a cluster.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Peasley will be better than Levi and Chambers. He can beat New Mexico.

He can actually throw the ball.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

marcuswyo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:09 pm Peasley will be better than Levi and Chambers. He can beat New Mexico.

He can actually throw the ball.
I agree he can throw the ball BUT that was in Utah States system with coaches who seem to be able to coach the forward pass well. The question is…. will he get worse at Wyoming because of the coaching or will he still play decent in spite of the coaching?

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

As I watched Levi on the sideline tonite I couldn’t help but wonder what he was thinking. Regrets? He didn’t see the field for any play. A freshman started ahead of him.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:23 am As I watched Levi on the sideline tonite I couldn’t help but wonder what he was thinking. Regrets? He didn’t see the field for any play. A freshman started ahead of him.
He was dressed but I don't think he stood a chance of playing with the ankle.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Subcanis wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:58 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:23 am As I watched Levi on the sideline tonite I couldn’t help but wonder what he was thinking. Regrets? He didn’t see the field for any play. A freshman started ahead of him.
He was dressed but I don't think he stood a chance of playing with the ankle.
Yea - I don’t think the freshman passed Levi on the depth chart. I’m sure they will still redshirt the freshman.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

I wonder what Chandler Garrett is doing these days?
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:58 pm I wonder what Chandler Garrett is doing these days?
His FB page shows he’s selling couches in Oklahoma.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Selling couches? I have no idea if you're being serious, but the entire Chandler Garrett thing has never been explained I don't think. The mystery surrounding his sudden departure from the program for personal reasons wasn't ever divulged. I had high hopes for that kid when he announced his decision to sign with the Pokes. I don't know if Josh Allen got inside his head and the pressure of being expected to follow Allen got to be too much, I don't know. Wherever he is I hope he's doing well.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I recall someone saying that he expected more pussy to land in his lap 😂
W-Y, Until I Die!