21 years…turning back my season tickets

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

This morning our family had the tough discussion about Fall priorities. Between kids being crazy busy and my distain for NIL, the transfer portal and our abysmal performances against Hawaii, New Mexico and Fresno state at home - after 21 years, we decided that we are done being season ticket holders and handing back our 4 tickets. We are also redirecting our CJC donation to other causes. Semi pro student athletes don’t need it. They can go earn it with NIL. Homeless kids and breast cancer survivors need it more.
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

My four football season tickets have been in the family since 1974. I originally had two, but when my dad passed in 1983, Barb Kisiki transfered the other two into my name. Like you, I was ready to let them all go, but a family friend wants two, and two cousins want one each, so I'm good for another year. I live in Northern Wyoming, and the "Game-Time Experience" just doesn't justify the long drive and the cost of gasoline and motel rooms. I hate to be negative, but I'm tired of the ridiculously long time-outs and the obnoxious and painfully loud NOISE that blasts out of the PA system. It just ain't any fun anymore. I guess I've given up on the idea of a really good team.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LawPoke wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:16 pm This morning our family had the tough discussion about Fall priorities. Between kids being crazy busy and my distain for NIL, the transfer portal and our abysmal performances against Hawaii, New Mexico and Fresno state at home - after 21 years, we decided that we are done being season ticket holders and handing back our 4 tickets. We are also redirecting our CJC donation to other causes. Semi pro student athletes don’t need it. They can go earn it with NIL. Homeless kids and breast cancer survivors need it more.
Sorry to hear that. But Wyoming players are hardly semi-pro and hardly raking in NIL money. CJC money does not (and likely cannot) go to NIL as far as I know.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:02 pm
LawPoke wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:16 pm This morning our family had the tough discussion about Fall priorities. Between kids being crazy busy and my distain for NIL, the transfer portal and our abysmal performances against Hawaii, New Mexico and Fresno state at home - after 21 years, we decided that we are done being season ticket holders and handing back our 4 tickets. We are also redirecting our CJC donation to other causes. Semi pro student athletes don’t need it. They can go earn it with NIL. Homeless kids and breast cancer survivors need it more.
Sorry to hear that. But Wyoming players are hardly semi-pro and hardly raking in NIL money. CJC money does not (and likely cannot) go to NIL as far as I know.
This 💯- wish Wyoming kids were getting NIL money. Because It’ll be the death of Poke athletics.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

NIL won't be much except a little subsidy at UW, it won't be a get rich quick scheme here, but with that pesky transfer portal our rosters will be interesting from here on out...and that fact and NIL will truly hurt mid majors as we are, unfortunately, commitment isn't what it used to be
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

We are "family" season ticket holders since the 40's, when the stadium was located at 15th & Ivinson (where the business college is located now), well before CJC was founded. Hard for me to ever let them go, but I share in your frustrations and sentiments. As always, it comes down to rooting for the University & The Brown & Gold - not the coaches, not the administration (especially Welniak who has dummied down CJC to a numb level of being completely pathetic), etc.

That said, I entered the transfer portal last fall, and have yet to have any other school wants my money and time. I will likely return. LOL
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

seems rash
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

I have also decided not to renew my season tickets -Section D and near the 50 yd line.

My CJC also gone and my tailgate alley parking gone.

No will care and so be it.

I will still attend games, but what Bohl did for the 2021 season was laughable with a season that if we had a coach on the ball should have been a 10-win season . I hung in with the coach for 8 years and yet I still wish him and the team well. I will be a fan that walks up and gets good tickets and if need be I can sit on the student section at the 50Yd line just as easy.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Douglaspoke wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:32 am I have also decided not to renew my season tickets -Section D and near the 50 yd line.

I will still attend games, but what Bohl did for the 2021 season was laughable with a season that if we had a coach on the ball should have been a 10-win season . I hung in with the coach for 8 years and yet I still wish him and the team well. I will be a fan that walks up and gets good tickets and if need be I can sit on the student section at the 50Yd line just as easy.
That is sad...you have been a great fan of WYO - especially leading the Cowboys in Colorado meet-ups. I understand your sentiments as well, and even though you likely spend over $3000 per year with UW for football alone, you are right, no one will care, nor contact you. Welniak doesn't give a poop about small donors like you and I, he only speaks with those that are 5+ figure plus donors...as long as they continue to donate every single year. f-word that guy.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:02 am
Douglaspoke wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:32 am I have also decided not to renew my season tickets -Section D and near the 50 yd line.

That is sad...you have been a great fan of WYO - especially leading the Cowboys in Colorado meet-ups. I understand your sentiments as well, and even though you likely spend over $3000 per year with UW for football alone, you are right, no one will care, nor contact you. Welniak doesn't give a Sh#t about small donors like you and I, he only speaks with those that are 5+ figure plus donors...as long as they continue to donate every single year. [#]f##k that guy.
Definitely surprising to hear from someone so engaged with the program that they actually organized meet ups. I would hope that someone would reach out but if they don’t that will show a lot as well.

To be honest - our tickets aren’t that great so we typically make our way to the student section and sit on the edges of the student section anyways. I find the game atmosphere more enjoyable on the student section side versus the West side stands where standing up seems to be a sin.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Damn, this thread is almost as depressing as watching us lay down against New Mexico and Hawaii
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Well, I'm keeping mine and will go to the games . I enjoy it
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:31 pm Well, I'm keeping mine and will go to the games . I enjoy it
I’m with you Lander. When you watch a kid like Logan Wilson - it’s worth my time and investment. I’m going for the pride in My state - and the kids, not Bohl.