Y game thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
byucougs
Buckaroo

Hey all - I actually just wanted to apologize for posting on your board yesterday. Heat of the moment. It was dumb and I take responsibility for that. The flack received was deserved.

I’m impressed with the physicality of your team. Best of luck with the rest of your season.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

"Yeah, but I still felt like we were in a one-possession game," Bohl said.

*facepalm*
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

Subcanis wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:40 am "Yeah, but I still felt like we were in a one-possession game," Bohl said.

*facepalm*
I just read that. 28-17. 11 points. I guess "feeling" is different than the math. I can't think of a way to score to get to 11 points.

TD + 2 point conversion + safety is the closest I can come up with - and that falls a point short and is technically cheating the possession count.
TD + onside kick....yeah i'm just going to stop. Its not possible.

I would have much rather heard something like - "We are down two possessions and it was time to release the hounds."

I think Bohl is a good coach, and TBH, if he would step back and adjust a few things, I bet he would be surprised with what he could do. Easy for me to say, and probably easier said than done.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Subcanis wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:40 am "Yeah, but I still felt like we were in a one-possession game," Bohl said.

*facepalm*
Did ... did he really say this?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

LawPoke wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:31 am Penalties were lopsided and should have been more so. They missed a blatant hold on the long bomb touchdown and at least 2 pass interference calls. BYU is so friggin’ dirty.
Yeah, our DT was tackled in that one. They call the horrible pick play on that TD and it might have swung momentum. All in all, they scored TDs in the red zone, we kicked a fg to start and we gave up that TD at the end of the half. That was all it came down to.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Poke in New England wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:05 pm

*facepalm*
Quoted straight from Tucker’s article.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

Subcanis wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:51 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:05 pm

*facepalm*
Quoted straight from Tucker’s article.
The full quote from the article:
Craig Bohl isn't so sure that is what turned the tide in this one.

Wyoming's ninth-year head coach pointed to an incomplete pass on 4th-and-4 from the Cowboys' 41-yard line with 8:11 to go and his team trailing, 28-17.

"Yeah, but I still felt like we were in a one-possession game," Bohl said. "I really thought that the opportunity we had was when they went for it on fourth down about the 40-yard line and we got off the field there. I thought, OK, that one may cost them. We went three and out."
I did not listen to any interviews but as I read the article...but I think the quote is addressing when Bohl felt like the tide turned and he's not defending his decision to kick deep or to punt in that quote...somebody that listened to the interview could correct me on that.

It seems like the question was "did the tide turn when they scored before half?" and Bohl's responses is basically, yes, but it's still just one possession difference and it was a bigger deal that we did not capitalize on the 4th down stop later in the game.