Going forward.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

Jes #%#$#$ I'll stop cussing now. An old youtube clip popped up. Ty Detmer was the QB at BYU in 1990?

I place all the other names in that timeframe. I could have swore he was a QB at BYU recently.Is he coaching/have a kid or something?

Side note - forgot how cool the grass was at the war pre 2006.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:22 pm Jes #%#$#$ I'll stop cussing now. An old youtube clip popped up. Ty Detmer was the QB at BYU in 1990?

I place all the other names in that timeframe. I could have swore he was a QB at BYU recently.Is he coaching/have a kid or something?

He was BYU's offensive coordinator when we played them in 2016.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:22 pm Jes #%#$#$ I'll stop cussing now. An old youtube clip popped up. Ty Detmer was the QB at BYU in 1990?

What kind of odds can I get that Outlaw Arthur Morgan and Cheyenne Gunslinger are the same person?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:41 am

He was BYU's offensive coordinator when we played them in 2016.
That makes sense. Was watching youtube videos and it was coming back and forth.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:54 pm

What kind of odds can I get that Outlaw Arthur Morgan and Cheyenne Gunslinger are the same person?
If you don't like my posts, fine. But I am not Cheyenne Gunslinger. I don't play him on TV either.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

I'd bet the farm that they are not the same person. 'Cheyenne Gunslinger' knows nothing about Wyoming. 'Outlaw Arthur' clearly has spent time in Laramie and knows a thing or two about Wyoming football.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:47 pm

I'd bet the farm that they are not the same person. 'Cheyenne Gunslinger' knows nothing about Wyoming. 'Outlaw Arthur' clearly has spent time in Laramie and knows a thing or two about Wyoming football.
I live in Laramie. While I don't really want to expose myself, I live within a few hundred yards of the "Big house on the hill." Mr Burns style house there. I hear it has structural damage even after they remodeled it recently. How anyone could afford a $2m house these days? I donno.

Grew up in county 10. Lived out of state for 3-4 years of my 43 year life. Went to CWC for a year. Never finished. Played high school football in this state (know a hell of alot more about football now than i did 25 years ago).

I'm not a poser. I'm probably a terrible message board poster. Wyoming football has just interested me for decades. So has basketball. Ask me to scheme up a b-ball or football game, you should probably ask someone else.

I like to talk about it. I like to have interesting discussions around it.

What brought me to it? Wyoming isn't really seen on a national stage that often. I guess in energy production and such, yeah we have been for a good 30 years or so.

Watch a Wyoming game on TV? Sure. Did that when I grew up as a kid here. Never really understood how important it was for us though. Go see one in the War? Lots of history there.

All the coaches that jumped ship in the 70's (mostly before my time on earth), 80's (tv's sucked then), 90's (got better but still tough to wrap your head around some of that).

For a while, I realized we were good. When I started following "just a bit closer" Koennig and crew wrecked it. I remember moving to CYS in 2003. Glenn was all the rage.

I was a season ticket holder in 2007 (in Laramie then). Glenn and son (Casey?) were at at a special olympics fundraiser ("polar dive?"). I was kinda embarrassed that (Casey??) just came out of the dang thing and started shaking hands with everyone. I froze my ass and went to the heating tent.

I didn't miss a home game for I don't know how many years. I really jumped on the Christensen bandwagon. Moved to northern Wyo for a while. Still own property up there.

Back in Laramie for 5 years now. Wife works at the University in the college of health sciences.

Now I'm just a dumb message board poster that still has interest. It is starting to fade. The transfer portal and name in likeness wear on me. Gave up my 6 seats in section F at the war this year (and the CJC donations that required). I don't know if Bohl will turn this around or not, but I do like the guy personally.

I drove 4 hours or so down to the 2016 playoff game in December. ESPN had rented (probably 4?) lifts just to attach cables to so they could run there camera's like they do in the NFL. It was cool (I guess literally), like they do in the NFL. Froze my balls off that game. I'm not going to look it up, but I think that was the only 'home' December game we played.

Most days, I wear a Wyoming shirt with Steamboat on it. My wife thought I was stupid, but when a k-mart went out of business and had things on sale, I bought every exact same shirt. I bought like 6 more at walmart. Every day I show up at my business, it looks like I didn't change clothes. They are wearing out though. And I'm a cheap bastard. We'll see what happens there when I need to address it. Bought probably 50 new pairs of pants since then though. It is my standard look.

I'll say it again. Wyoming is my team. It is my state. Football interests me. I'll probably buy season tickets to the basketball team this year though. I'm looking forward to that. Love football, but I couldn't do it this year. But basketball also puts us on a national stage. Some part of me just becomes proud. Hell, its the half reason I moved back and still live here. Its fun to get that excitement - or hit of dopamine - or whatever.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:47 pm

I think the ole “I love Wyoming tell me more” is schtick.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I still think cheyenne gunslinger is Dino but that's just me.

Nobody should have to defend their WYO fandom other than the obvious byu trolls this past week.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:18 pm I still think cheyenne gunslinger is Dino but that's just me.

Nobody should have to defend their WYO fandom other than the obvious byu trolls this past week.
Nah Cheyenne Gunslinger isn’t Dino. Dino couldn’t go 10 seconds without some self promotion let alone years.

I like Gunslinger. A Wyoming fan from afar that randomly became a fan because he liked the idea of the Wyoming way of life. In a lot of ways, similar to how many of us randomly became buffalo bills fans and now fly the buffalo bills flag from 2000 miles away.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:18 pm Nobody should have to defend their WYO fandom other than the obvious byu trolls this past week.
Very true, and something all fanbases do entice...(defend their fandom). WYO is not alone by any means.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:26 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:18 pm Nobody should have to defend their WYO fandom other than the obvious byu trolls this past week.
Very true, and something all fanbases do entice...(defend their fandom). WYO is not alone by any means.
Agreed...gatekeeping around the question of who is "in" and who is "out" is an endlessly fascinating topic to people within tribal groups.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

307bball wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:27 am
McPeachy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:26 am
Agreed...gatekeeping around the question of who is "in" and who is "out" is an endlessly fascinating topic to people within tribal groups.
(and I include myself in that statement)
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:21 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:18 pm I still think cheyenne gunslinger is Dino but that's just me.

Nah Cheyenne Gunslinger isn’t Dino. Dino couldn’t go 10 seconds without some self promotion let alone years.

I like Gunslinger. A Wyoming fan from afar that randomly became a fan because he liked the idea of the Wyoming way of life. In a lot of ways, similar to how many of us randomly became buffalo bills fans and now fly the buffalo bills flag from 2000 miles away.
My wife just asked for a Bills yard flag yesterday. I guess we are behind the curve in our weekend decorating.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:57 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:50 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:41 pm Just an observation, but putting a lot of heat on the passing QB seems to help a lot . Use a 4 to 6 man defensive line to get to the QB?
I really thought Sebastian Harsh was going to help with the pass rush.
I'm sure he would have helped quite a bit, if he wasn't out for the year.
That’s what I meant. Should have rephrased it.