More conference re-alignment rumors

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Oregon State and Washington State moving to the Mountain West, potentially.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... est-looms/
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

If any of that were to happen the Mountain West had better add Gonzaga and maybe Tulsa and New Mexico State and the conference would IMO unequivocally be the strongest remaining conference outside the Big 4.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Sure of course we will take them. However I continue to have less interest in college football as regional rivalries are lost. That's what made college football unique was the regional conferences and matchups. I want real student athletes on the field, not paid players. I want some sort of recruiting regulation. As a kid, I couldn't wait to get up on Saturday morning and turn on Gameday. Now I could care less and I only watch the Wyo games because of my lack of interest.
I'm good for 3!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

I'm fairly certain that if the B1G were to get all 4 of their targets the PAC and MW would be working furiously on a merger. The PAC has a MUCH better media package than we do, and we would most likely want to keep that.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:06 pm I'm fairly certain that if the B1G were to get all 4 of their targets the PAC and MW would be working furiously on a merger. The PAC has a MUCH better media package than we do, and we would most likely want to keep that.
Unfortunately if that happens Wyoming would be one of the teams left out. Not enough audience for the media which actually calls the shots to want us as part of the deal.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

I'm sure, if the Pac 12 loses all but OSU and WSU, that their media contract will be nullified.

So it would be a new contract for whatever conference rises from the ashes, whether it's OSU/WSU to MWC, or the MWC is merged into the tiny stub of the former PAC.

Wyoming won't get left out, because the conference would still need the headcount and we'll bring in NCAA tourney credits. It's OSU/WSU that are being left out, in reality, and they'll be very unhappy to join the MWC.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

doreno5 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:29 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:06 pm I'm fairly certain that if the B1G were to get all 4 of their targets the PAC and MW would be working furiously on a merger. The PAC has a MUCH better media package than we do, and we would most likely want to keep that.
Unfortunately if that happens Wyoming would be one of the teams left out. Not enough audience for the media which actually calls the shots to want us as part of the deal.
Hmmmmmmm

Although our population is low, our viewing audience & scope (nationwide) are quite solid. In fact, better than a lot of high population density programs!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Meh, we'll see...
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

I am not following closely enough. Where do Utah and Colorado go in this scenario? What about AZ and ASU?
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:10 pm
doreno5 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:29 pm
Hmmmmmmm

Although our population is low, our viewing audience & scope (nationwide) are quite solid. In fact, better than a lot of high population density programs!
Wyoming has a relatively large audience and following compared to other programs in the MWC. They'd be okay.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WyoExpat wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:55 pm I am not following closely enough. Where do Utah and Colorado go in this scenario? What about AZ and ASU?
Rumor is all four are heading tom the Big 12.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:45 pm
WyoExpat wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:55 pm I am not following closely enough. Where do Utah and Colorado go in this scenario? What about AZ and ASU?
Rumor is all four are heading tom the Big 12.
This is unfortunate, but unsurprising. You have to admit it would be fun to chase reuniting the old Skyline Conference foes.

I also kind of wonder if it would be worth chasing Washington State and Oregon State? They don't really have another natural fit.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I'll believe it when I see it. It's sad to see the loss of regional tradition etc. but that's the landscape these days.