Stadium situation

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

The War is obviously an iconic building with great memories for most of us who have been attending games there throughout the years. But what do you guys think of any potential upgrades in the near future if at all? Certainly I don't think the stadium has ever looked better with some of the cosmetic changes they have made over the years, although I would love to see many of the exposed concrete areas on the exterior painted brown and gold. If I would do anything to the interior of the facility it would be to go back to a natural grass playing field or perhaps one of those hybrid real grass mixed with synthetic turf fields which are supposed to be superior. Speaking of the turf, what's it been, 10 years now with the carpet that is currently down? Real grass or more fake turf is it not time for a new field either way?
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

The stadium is set to get $50+ million in renovations to the west side stands and press box in the next few years, so they are still doing more to dress it up.

I know we struggle to fill it as is, but I think a lower bowl horseshoe of 10 or so rows under the score board would tie it all together and give it an even more impressive feel than it already has.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

aranderson wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:58 pm The stadium is set to get $50+ million in renovations to the west side stands and press box in the next few years, so they are still doing more to dress it up.

I know we struggle to fill it as is, but I think a lower bowl horseshoe of 10 or so rows under the score board would tie it all together and give it an even more impressive feel than it already has.
Your horseshoe idea, that sounds pretty cool, almost like a beer garden under the video/scoreboard area?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Stadium seats.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:26 pm Stadium seats.
We can only dream
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:32 pm
We can only dream
They are coming, whether we like it or not. And it will come with a seat premium (similar to hoops) and likely a seating restructuring (hopefully not similar to hoops).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:12 pm
We can only dream
They are coming, whether we like it or not. And it will come with a seat premium (similar to hoops) and likely a seating restructuring (hopefully not similar to hoops).
For the entire stadium or only certain sections?

Also, have any renderings been released as of yet?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:45 pm
We can only dream

No renderings yet...but a lot going on behind the scenes. From what I understand, D & E will have stadium seats for certain, and C, F and DD, EE, and FF being possibilities. I am thinking for the cash it is going to cost, we end up with D & E lower only with stadium seats only.
Dear Karma,

PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:54 pm
We can only dream

No renderings yet...but a lot going on behind the scenes. From what I understand, D & E will have stadium seats for certain, and C, F and DD, EE, and FF being possibilities. I am thinking for the cash it is going to cost, we end up with D & E lower only with stadium seats only.
Thank you for the info, sir.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:57 pm
We can only dream

Thank you for the info, sir. Also, have you heard about when this will actually happen?
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Should see renderings soon after the first of the year. It's been in development since March I believe.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

aranderson wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:26 pm Should see renderings soon after the first of the year. It's been in development since March I believe.
I believe they will try to roll out drawings during hoops season (for momentum on that whole winning = giving mantra)...and start construction around the start of summer, demoing what they need after the last home football game in 2023. I hope this doesn't go the way the AA went - half assed, with about 40% actually being completed, and the other 60% scrapped.
Dear Karma,

Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:47 pm The War is obviously an iconic building with great memories for most of us who have been attending games there throughout the years. But what do you guys think of any potential upgrades in the near future if at all? Certainly I don't think the stadium has ever looked better with some of the cosmetic changes they have made over the years, although I would love to see many of the exposed concrete areas on the exterior painted brown and gold. If I would do anything to the interior of the facility it would be to go back to a natural grass playing field or perhaps one of those hybrid real grass mixed with synthetic turf fields which are supposed to be superior. Speaking of the turf, what's it been, 10 years now with the carpet that is currently down? Real grass or more fake turf is it not time for a new field either way?
I would get rid of the steamy late season game piss troughs on the west side. Our turf is just fine. They will probably replace the turf in a few years anyways. I think its only a decade or so old, but starting to get baked by the sun. Might be time to paint it.

No to real grass. We already had a freeze a few weeks ago. How they used to keep it green pre-2006, I have no idea.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

We can only dream

If it is an improvement over the aluminum benches, better than the CJC weak booster seats, and a competitive/winning team on the field, go for it. Us gen-x'ers are getting old.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:15 pm
We can only dream

If it is an improvement over the aluminum benches, better than the CJC weak booster seats, and a competitive/winning team on the field, go for it. Us gen-x'ers are getting old. Plus (okay I've toned this down alot), if I don't have to standup constantly when someone decides they need to be somewhere else (bathroom/concessions), that would be nice.