SJSU game thread.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:53 pm We didn’t play well on either side of the ball tonight. Disheartening but kind of what I expected going into the season. A couple things I noticed:

1) There was zero emotion of the team on the sideline coming out of halftime. Whatever the halftime speech was, it certainly wasn’t motivational.

2) DQ James was in for only a couple of plays. He is our most explosive player and him on the bench seems to be a waste.

3) Peasley is effective with his legs (let’s use them) but he is erratic throwing the ball and makes some bad decisions. Clemons’ one throw is the best throw the Pokes have made all year…that was a dime. Why not see what he has?

4) This secondary is the worst in a long long time. I knew it wouldn’t be good losing the entire secondary to the portal, but this is surprisingly bad.

5)I think this is still a bowl team only because the MWC is so bad.

6) The basketball scrimmage at least made the day palatable. The transfers are the real deal.
Since we seem to play to the level of the opponent, I’m not sure we beat NMU, CSU and little hope of USU. After this many years in the conference, EVERYONE has figured out our offense - isn’t tough, loads the box and force a 3rd and long. I hope I’m wrong about the losses. We’ll see Saturday.