SJSU game thread.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Reality check after beating FCS UNC, a depleted AF, and the moral victory of covering the spread vs an over rated BYU.

Bohl ball baby.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Subcanis wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:56 pm Reality check after beating FCS UNC, a depleted AF, and the moral victory of covering the spread vs an over rated BYU.

Bohl ball baby.
Yeah they are just a much better team. Our offense is putrid. Same old same old. Fire Bohl. I’m sick of him
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:57 pm
Subcanis wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:56 pm Reality check after beating FCS UNC, a depleted AF, and the moral victory of covering the spread vs an over rated BYU.

Bohl ball baby.
Yeah they are just a much better team. Our offense is putrid. Same old same old. Fire Bohl. I’m sick of him
Yes even in a massively down mw this year, we still can't get to the top
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I nearly got suckered into spending time and money attending this poop show.

Phew.

The next home game I attend will be after Bohl either wins the MWC or gets canned. Either way, it’ll be awhile.

It’s basketball season y’all.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I felt the D gave us a decent shot in the second half. They forced 2 or 3 punts after we got the game to 10 pts
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

3rd and 20 and we run up the middle. Classic Bohl, playing to lose close now. News flash if we lose by 17 or if we lose by 24 it doesn't matter, both are terrible losses
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I really wish Peasley had been honest with himself and kept himself out if he couldn’t throw.
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:07 pm 3rd and 20 and we run up the middle. Classic Bohl, playing to lose close now. News flash if we lose by 17 or if we lose by 24 it doesn't matter, both are terrible losses
They game was over. If Bohl is going to pack it in, I see no reason not to bring Clemons in at this point.
W-Y, Until I Die!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:09 pm I really wish Peasley had been honest with himself and kept himself out if he couldn’t throw.
That's not his job. That's the coaches job. And they obviously felt he was the best qb. It wasn't Peasley's fault that receivers don't get open or that the O-line were doing matador impersonations all night. If you think another qb would have made a difference in this game, I have no idea what game you were watching.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:11 pm
WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:07 pm 3rd and 20 and we run up the middle. Classic Bohl, playing to lose close now. News flash if we lose by 17 or if we lose by 24 it doesn't matter, both are terrible losses
They game was over. If Bohl is going to pack it in, I see no reason not to bring Clemons in at this point.
Even if game is over, calling a 1 yard run vs attempting a pass makes no sense down 3 scores on a 3rd and 20 with 4 or so minutes left. That is just giving up. If the coach gives up what incentive to the players have to not give up.

I would rather at least attempt the pass. If it is incomplete we punt from basically the same spot. If they intercept it, the next offensive drive by SJSU is still all run plays to run the clock out. If we actually complete it, maybe we get a first down and at least aren't giving up
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Really. Disheartening. We needed that game and the Spartans embarrassed us. Straight up. Beat our butts. Embarrassing.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:22 pm Really. Disheartening. We needed that game and the Spartans embarrassed us. Straight up. Beat our butts. Embarrassing.
Bohl's their bitch. I hope he reads that, or hears about it. And that it sinks in. But I won't hold out much hope...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Year 9 failure...no California school should ever come into 7220 and beat us...pathetic
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Subcanis wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:04 pm I nearly got suckered into spending time and money attending this Sh#t show.

Phew.

The next home game I attend will be after Bohl either wins the MWC or gets canned. Either way, it’ll be awhile.

It’s basketball season y’all.
I skipped this one today and went elk hunting 2 bulls in my party, then tune in to this garbage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

We didn’t play well on either side of the ball tonight. Disheartening but kind of what I expected going into the season. A couple things I noticed:

1) There was zero emotion of the team on the sideline coming out of halftime. Whatever the halftime speech was, it certainly wasn’t motivational.

2) DQ James was in for only a couple of plays. He is our most explosive player and him on the bench seems to be a waste.

3) Peasley is effective with his legs (let’s use them) but he is erratic throwing the ball and makes some bad decisions. Clemons’ one throw is the best throw the Pokes have made all year…that was a dime. Why not see what he has?

4) This secondary is the worst in a long long time. I knew it wouldn’t be good losing the entire secondary to the portal, but this is surprisingly bad.

5)I think this is still a bowl team only because the MWC is so bad.

6) The basketball scrimmage at least made the day palatable. The transfers are the real deal.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:53 pm We didn’t play well on either side of the ball tonight. Disheartening but kind of what I expected going into the season. A couple things I noticed:

1) There was zero emotion of the team on the sideline coming out of halftime. Whatever the halftime speech was, it certainly wasn’t motivational.

2) DQ James was in for only a couple of plays. He is our most explosive player and him on the bench seems to be a waste.

3) Peasley is effective with his legs (let’s use them) but he is erratic throwing the ball and makes some bad decisions. Clemons’ one throw is the best throw the Pokes have made all year…that was a dime. Why not see what he has?

4) This secondary is the worst in a long long time. I knew it wouldn’t be good losing the entire secondary to the portal, but this is surprisingly bad.

6) The basketball scrimmage at least made the day palatable. The transfers are the real deal.
If there is a reason behind this I’d like to know. Otherwise it’s just straight up poop coaching.

I hate how little access the media and general public have to this program. None of the post games or weekly press conferences are being streamed or played on any of their social medias or the WyoVision YouTube. Am I missing them somehow? Or is it that they want to protect egos from an increasingly pissed off fan base?
Last edited by Subcanis on Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

nm
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:53 pm We didn’t play well on either side of the ball tonight. Disheartening but kind of what I expected going into the season. A couple things I noticed:

Yep. I think we should be able to beat Hawaii,CSU, and New Mexico after seeing 6 weeks of Cowboys football. Does UNC count towards bowl eligibility? That would put us at 6.

And you’re right, this pass defense is bad. I was worried about the defense in general early this season, let alone the defense being left out to dry by the same ol Cowboys offense that can’t stay on the field consistently.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

I think a lot are being a little bit too hard on the team after tonight's loss. I think we need to keep in mind just how young this team is. As far as media access to the program is concerned I would definitely agree. There was a radio show and a website a few years ago that was incredible in terms of the amount of information and coverage that was given to the program, I'm not sure what happened with that.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 125 times

Just got home from the SJSU game.

The super nachos were great!