2012 Helmets/Jerseys

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Didn't they do this because Moon and Dubouis thought that Pistol Pete was scaring the kids?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

WYO1016 wrote:Didn't they do this because Moon and Dubouis thought that Pistol Pete was scaring the kids?
That was exactly their reasoning. And Pistol Pete does do his share of that (scaring kids)...it is just the nature of the beast...some kids are intimidated by that type of stuff. But Moon went off the deep end on that one, instead of just realizing it is what it is, and no matter what you have, some kids are going to wet themselves.

I have to believe that Pistol Pete is the most recognized individual in the state of Wyoming.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

McPeachy wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:Didn't they do this because Moon and Dubouis thought that Pistol Pete was scaring the kids?
That was exactly their reasoning. And Pistol Pete does do his share of that (scaring kids)...it is just the nature of the beast...some kids are intimidated by that type of stuff. But Moon went off the deep end on that one, instead of just realizing it is what it is, and no matter what you have, some kids are going to wet themselves.

I have to believe that Pistol Pete is the most recognized individual in the state of Wyoming.
and Oklahoma St. Same exact dude.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

and Oklahoma St. Same exact dude.
The illustration may be the same dude, but the mascots are completely different.

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

first one is identical. second, the mascot is close enough to still be gay. speaking of gay, that might be the gayest photo of our pistol pete ever! :rofl:
W-Y, Until I Die!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Picture? Maybe. Gayest thing he does? Not even freaking close.
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

I think they got Pistol a new head this year. Probably because the old one was full of sweat and vomit. The new one freaks me out. It's has bags under his eyes and his hair way bushier.

Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Actually there are two heads. That one is the back up. IE that one came out at basketball games when the main one was with the football team
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

wyopokes2 wrote:I think they got Pistol a new head this year. Probably because the old one was full of sweat and vomit. The new one freaks me out. It's has bags under his eyes and his hair way bushier
Who is the tranny on the far right, tried to pick me up in a Riverton bar once.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Whoa.....that OSU mascot is going to get skin cancer with that kind of tan. Also looks constipated.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

J-Rod wrote:Whoa.....that OSU mascot is going to get skin cancer with that kind of tan. Also looks constipated.
:rofl:

Fortuately, OSU has some of the best-looking chicks going there. I knew of several. Two of which worked for Hooters. I miss them.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: :rofl:

Fortuately, OSU has some of the best-looking chicks going there. I knew of several. Two of which worked for Hooters. I miss them.
They also have a program ascending into juggernaut status. As long as Gundy stays (and I don't know why he would leave) they'll be a nightmare for teams annually. If only they could sport a SEC-caliber defense, they would contend for the title every year.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

J-Rod wrote:

They also have a program ascending into juggernaut status. As long as Gundy stays (and I don't know why he would leave) they'll be a nightmare for teams annually. If only they could sport a SEC-caliber defense, they would contend for the title every year.
I completely agree. OSU is really the only Oklahoma school I'd root for. Gundy will stay in Stillwater. No reason for him to leave. The NFL won't go after him.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:

Very suspicious program.
What's really been going on there?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

alyssa wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

Very suspicious program.
What's really been going on there?
Far less than what OU does.....every year!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: I completely agree. OSU is really the only Oklahoma school I'd root for. Gundy will stay in Stillwater. No reason for him to leave. The NFL won't go after him.
Yeah I can't see him leaving. Give it another 5 years, and any move would be a lateral move for Gundy. OU's days as the states premier team are numbered.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

J-Rod wrote:
Wyokie wrote: I completely agree. OSU is really the only Oklahoma school I'd root for. Gundy will stay in Stillwater. No reason for him to leave. The NFL won't go after him.
Yeah I can't see him leaving. Give it another 5 years, and any move would be a lateral move for Gundy. OU's days as the states premier team are numbered.
Hope so.

Now if the Thunder can just re-learn how to make free throws again,...... :roll: :roll: OKC is beating themselves, not Miami.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:41 pm
WYO1016 wrote:
DINOCOSTA wrote:Whatever kind of gold they were called, I didn't favor them.
I don't think anyone did. They also trotted out an awful horse mascot that was supposed to replace Pistol Pete right around the time they made the switch to prairie gold. There may have been 2 people in the stands that clapped. The 2 minutes it spent on the field was the quietest I've ever heard the War during a game. I'd post a picture of that thing if I could find one, but it looks like the university has scrubbed any existence of it from the web.
Careful what you ask for...

Reintroducing - - - - SPOOGE!
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone have a picture of Spooge (the mascot, you sickos) handy? I've got coworkers that don't belive that he existed.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:56 am
McPeachy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:41 pm
WYO1016 wrote:
DINOCOSTA wrote:Whatever kind of gold they were called, I didn't favor them.
I don't think anyone did. They also trotted out an awful horse mascot that was supposed to replace Pistol Pete right around the time they made the switch to prairie gold. There may have been 2 people in the stands that clapped. The 2 minutes it spent on the field was the quietest I've ever heard the War during a game. I'd post a picture of that thing if I could find one, but it looks like the university has scrubbed any existence of it from the web.
Careful what you ask for...

Reintroducing - - - - SPOOGE!
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone have a picture of Spooge (the mascot, you sickos) handy? I've got coworkers that don't belive that he existed.
Google was useless. Image wise, nothing. General search, the top links were for here and the MWCBoard.