Utah State @ Wyoming Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Less then a day till game time!!!!

ImageImage
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

USU leads the series against the Pokes 34-23-4 with the record 13-13-3 for games in laramie. The 34 wins are the most USU has against any opponent ( next is 33 against BYU). Wouldn't you say it is time to continue to even the series?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Adv8RU12 wrote:USU leads the series against the Pokes 34-23-4 with the record 13-13-3 for games in laramie. The 34 wins are the most USU has against any opponent ( next is 33 against BYU). Wouldn't you say it is time to continue to even the series?
Their an easy win every year and they're not a FCS(I-AA) school. Sounds good to me.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Who's ready for some frickin' football???
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:Who's ready for some frickin' football???
:thumb: :werd: :agree:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Montana's playing Fort Lewis College today.. it's going to get ugly quick. I suspect most people will tailgate most of the game. Hopefully there's a good gameday thread to read when I get home about Wyoming stomping USU.
ImageImageImageImage
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

ONE HOUR UNTIL GAME TIME!!! I will be here listening online. We better kill these chumps..

GO POKES!!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Virginia is taking care of DUKE.. Thank goodness. Go HOOS.. hahaha

GO POKES!!
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

I gotta work in an hour and a half. Crap! I at least get to see what goes on in the first quarter.
Go POKES!
Powder River!

Let'er BUCK!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Kansan Cowboy! wrote:I gotta work in an hour and a half. Crap! I at least get to see what goes on in the first quarter.
Go POKES!
Powder River!

Let'er BUCK!
I hear ya, I have to go to some stupid picnic with my wife in an hour, but the good news is I have a sprint card, and an extra battery for my laptop, so I can still listen to the game. GO WYO!

GO POKES!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Terrible start.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

So far it seems like a pretty ugly game, Maybe a little over confidence maybe they overlooked USU but they are getting outplayed. Hope they wake up and put everything together in the 4th.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

An ugly win, but its a win
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

Sloppy, sloppy offense and the whole team looked lethargic. I think it's safe to say the team looked past a hungry USU team. Sure, we got the win but with the way Boise State is getting their asses kicked you know they're going to defend their smurf turf line no other.

Also...am I the only Duck fan on here? Seeing what they're doing to Michigan (390 total yards in the 1st half) has got to put a smile on everyone's face!

Go Pokes!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

So what happened today? I was watching the box score from my phone and it didn't look that hot, from the UW side of things. A little hangover from UVA?

And yes, you are the only Duck fan in Wyoming. :) But I'm happy they spanked Michigan.. serves 'em right.
ImageImageImageImage
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

At least the final score looked like we beat them pretty good. That was way to close. Anybody watching th BYU game on versus? They just made an insane comeback. It is 20-17 UCLA... I hate to root for BYU but guess I should. WYO is 2-0 baby, that is what counts. Hopefully Boise will be flat against us after the tough loss.

GO POKES!!
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

BTW, anyone know what the attendance at the War was today? I never heard Dave or Kevin say.... Just curious.

GO POKES!!
WyoCheese
Buckaroo

The whole atmosphere seemed pretty un-electric (fans and players were hungover from UVA). The attendance was 19,400. The game was much closer than the score, in fact USU had more scoring opportunities than we did. O-well, I'll take a win and a 2-0 record any day! Hope we can put in a solid week of practice before we head to Boise. Boise's QB, and running game sounded unimpressive so hopefully we can exploit the QB in a week.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

WyoCheese wrote:The whole atmosphere seemed pretty un-electric (fans and players were hungover from UVA). The attendance was 19,400. The game was much closer than the score, in fact USU had more scoring opportunities than we did. O-well, I'll take a win and a 2-0 record any day! Hope we can put in a solid week of practice before we head to Boise. Boise's QB, and running game sounded unimpressive so hopefully we can exploit the QB in a week.

Thanks for the info.. I listened to the game on my laptop. It was definitely closer than the score indicated. At least the coaches have plenty to get everyone fired up about this week to prepare for a much better team. Even though Boise lost, and their running game was uneffective, they still are capable of BIG time plays and yards, so we need to be ready, especially up there. They are really going to try and protect that home winning streak. I know we can beat them, but we better come in and attack like we did week one.

GO POKES!!
Pithecus
Buckaroo

Nice win guys. Keep up the good work.