Wyoming @ Boise State Prediction Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:UW/BSU is on ESPN Gameplan.
Except I need to save $$ for my long-term plans. Otherwise, I'd get it.
It's pretty cheap, though. Think it's only $21.95 for a single week.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Yup. It's also on ESPN360 but we don't have that here in the islands. Shux.
Nor here in LaLaLand, i.e. Oklahoma City.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
I know but every little bit of savings help. Remember I trying to save for getting my rear to the Islands.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
I know but every little bit of savings help. Remember I trying to save for getting my rear to the Islands.
I hear ya.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
I hear ya.
Living in Oklahoma have gotten on my last nerve! If they end up winning the 2007 National Title, I'll go crazy!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:Living in Oklahoma have gotten on my last nerve! If they end up winning the 2007 National Title, I'll go crazy!!!!
ROFLOL!!!!!!!!! If Bradford and that RB keep playing like they've been, it's gonna get wild in Okie country.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Screw the Islands! When my wife and I get the money we're buying a Cabin in Star Valley Ranch, Wyo!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

My girlfriend has told me we're not buying a secluded cabin anywhere.. I'm disappointed by this. So now I guess I better save for a cabin on Flathead Lake! :thumb:
ImageImageImageImage
UVABy20
Buckaroo

BSU by 20.... ;)
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Okay, It's time for me to make my analysis.
Each team looks pretty similar on paper, except for a few areas and details. Oh, I'll get into that.

QB's

Both Qb's are looking pretty similar and have pretty much the same numbers.
Sween has thrown 44-66-433-2-3 so far. Tharp has thrown 43-66-469-1-3.
RB
Heres where we vary a little. Wyo has a Tandem duo in the backfield, BSU relies upon one back.
Moore has rushed for 210 yards and 1 score on 37 carries. Seldon has 159 yards 2 scores on 37 carries. Seldon also has 3 rec. for 18 yards, and Moore, 5-54.
BSU has Ian Johnson who has rushed for 209 yards on 38 carries and has 3 scores. Their second leading rusher came from Avery who got most of his yards in the game against Weber St. 110 yards on 12 carries and 2 scores.Johnson has had 4 rec. for 25 yards, while Avery has brought in 2-4.
WideOuts
Wyoming has Bolling, Ford, Betschart, and Marsh. And about 5 other recievers with a rec. BSU has Childs, Perretta, and Young. And also about five others with a rec.
Bolling leads Wyo with 11 rec for 122 yards and 2 scores. Betschart has 9 rec. for 91 yards and Marsh has 5 rec. for 75 yards. Ford (Leader from last year) has 4-45. BSU has Childs with 14 Rec. for 155 and no scores yet. Perretta has 5 Rec. for 46 yards. And Young has 2 Rec. for 96 yards.

Def.
Wyo has given up 250 yards passing to BSU's 280. Wyo has given up 140 yards rushing while BSU has given up 207 on the ground. Totals end in Wyo's favor. 390 yards to 487.

All in all it will be a good game but, I truely believe Wyo can pull this one out. 25-17.
And I'm pretty impressed with my predictions thus far. I said Wyo would beat the HOOS 21-7 (23-3) And beat USU 33-17 if we looked past them (32-18)
I have to say this in reply to the comment that our defense looks good because we don't play power teams like USC, and Mich. and such.
Boise State has beat one team this year... WEBER STATE!
BSU broke against Washington who in my opinion will not be a whole lot better than Virginia.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Nice work KansasCowboy. Good luck on the home in Star Valley Ranch - beautiful place. The wife and I have lived here in central Wyoming for about 30 years and have this place about the way we want it, so here we will stay.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
zorki1c
Buckaroo

Kansan Cowboy:

Good analysis but there may be a couple of points you missed.

1. Of course I'm a homer but I believe UDUB is probably a much better team, both offensively and defensively, than Virgina. In addition, BSU was inside the Husky 20 about five times and didn't finish. They actuall had more yardage and first downs than Washington but didn't finish. I suspect the Broncos will have their act together this week and finish those types of drives.

2. The game is on The Blue. If it were at Laramie I would have real concerns--primarily because of the altitude (and last year's 35mph wind). At home the BSU crowd -- especially in big games--comes to play. The fans will make it tough for the Pokes to get their signals. It will be really LOUD. Because of the way the stadium is laid out 30,000 fans are as loud as 60,000 in some other stadiums. The only way to quiet them is to jump out to an early lead and I don't see Wyoming's offense as being explosive enough to do that.

At UDUB BSU was flat. Yes, part of that was Washington's doing. But there was a lot of standing around as if everyone expected that at some point the supercharger would kick in. Nobody stepped up to take a leadership role. I believe this week you will see a different team. I think UDUB was a wake up call. If I'm wrong then the Pokes have a chance and the Broncs could be in for a troubled year.

It's possible the game will go down to the final play. But I suspect BSU will win by at least 14 points--possibly more.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Wyomings Offense is a Nickle and Dime type O. We will go out for five to 10 yard routes. But occasionally we hit a big one. Our O is just like the Indy Colts. Our QB doesn't call all the plays so you will see our guys turn to the sideline. But it's no huddle and we're quick. Especially on our passes to Moore and Seldon. And then when you think it will be another pass to the sideline, Wyoming's backs, bust it right up the middle.I think Our safeties and Corners can take your QB and Recievers which leaves you with one threat...Ian. But. Our LB"S are the best aspect of our D they will put a lot of pressure on him and you QB. Our D-Line is Fine, everyone thought they would be the worst in the league, but they show great potential and great gameday speed.
BoiseStateYuppie
Buckaroo

"Our O is just like the Indy Colts."

LOL, yeah and our defense is just like the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Steel Curtain years.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Okay. Now I know that you don't know what your talking about. I was stating what our O resembles. Not the numbers we put up.
Again...WEBER ST>