Hello from Boise

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
blueandorangefish
Buckaroo

Just found out about this site so I thought I'd wander over and say hi. Very impressive web site you have here. It's very well put together.

I'm not sure how many of you guys are coming to the game, but I sit about 4 rows back from where you'll be. The seats are really fairly good (between the 10-20 yard lines on north side of the field) and it's a fun atmosphere.

I'm really looking forward to this game. The fact that you're coming in 2-0 gets me pumped for it. Who cares if they were close or not, good teams find ways to win, and all good teams have games that are closer than they should be.

We had a very tough loss this weekend where the team beat themselves much more than Washington did. It was an extremely uncharacteristic game for the team so it will be very interesting if they'll be back in rhythm by the game this weekend.

So anyone want to enlighten me as to what kind of team will be walking into Bronco Stadium this weekend?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Don't be deceived fans, Boise may only seat 30K as game, but that 30K sounds a lot like 60K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD13CDXNxCQ
blueandorangefish
Buckaroo

Here's the view from the seats.Image
blueandorangefish
Buckaroo

It's a very vertical, horseshoe design that seems to focus the noise to the field. Our players swear that they still haven't played anywhere louder.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

C'mon, you guys used to play in Washington-Grizzly back in the Big Sky days.. that's some noise! Regardless, too bad you guys have the track around the field.. that would make it huge, in terms of noise if that track was gone.

Regardless, glad you're here.. we love to visit with opposing fans.. bring over a few fans if you want! Tough loss to Washington, but I suspect that they're better than advertised.. so nothing to get too down about. Besides, you guys beat an Oklahoma team last year that is in the top 5 right now, after losing Adrian Peterson and Paul Thompson. Very impressive.
ImageImageImageImage
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Unusual stadium design insofar as the upper deck is much larger than the lower deck -- just the opposite of most stadiums. The spud crop should be coming in, so I would assume the the fries, at least, should be pretty good.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Hey there Boise fan, good to have you here. Tough loss this week for you all. Washington is going to end up a good team this year, and it is tough to come back form 4 turnovers... I am sure you guys will be tough as always on the smurf turf. We almost got you last year but unfortuneatly we aren't playing horseshoes or hand grenades. Anyway, bring on the smack talk!! WYO 3-0!!

GO POKES!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

tttgowyo lives for smack talk. haha.

So Taylor Tharp.. was he under pressure most of the game, or good secondary, or just an off day?
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:tttgowyo lives for smack talk. haha.

So Taylor Tharp.. was he under pressure most of the game, or good secondary, or just an off day?
From what I read their top WR(The only guy Tharp throws to) got hurt. And Johnson had a very off day, Tharp didn't do bad at all, just had no help.
blueandorangefish
Buckaroo

The WR you're referring to is Childs. He's fine, just dinged his leg late in the game. The guy is a total gamer, though. He'll catch anything thrown to him.'

You're going to get to know a true freshman WR named Titus Young. The guy is probably the best pure talent I've ever seen take the field at BSU. He's smart and has wicked speed in the open field. He will get at least one 50+ yard TD this game and probably another 50+ on fly sweeps.

As much as it pains me to say it, Tharp's problem was one of leadership. He didn't show any during the game. When our best lineman kept getting penalty after penalty he didn't seem to say a word to him. I really expected him to grab his facemask and give him a scolding. Tharp played a fairly solid game, just not spectacular and without any spark. Had he stepped up and taken the team on his shoulders they would have responded and the game would have looked much different. It didn't help that our RT was getting torched all game long. It killed our running game since the coaches seemed to only want to run to that side of the line. All line problems taken into consideration, Tharp was under absolutely no pressure all day. UW got into the backfield a couple times, but overall were completely stuffed. Tharp is a rock-steady QB that makes good reads and throws under pressure.

Johnson had an average day. He didn't do really anything particularly wrong, but like Tharp, he didn't step up and rally the team with the extra effort that is his signature.

Our biggest and most pressing concern is at linebacker. The LB's as a whole have been injured all fall, and the depth just isn't there to make up for it.

Oh, and just for you tttgowy.....BSU 65 Wyo 7 :mrgreen:
blueandorangefish
Buckaroo

Adv8RU12 wrote:Unusual stadium design insofar as the upper deck is much larger than the lower deck -- just the opposite of most stadiums. The spud crop should be coming in, so I would assume the the fries, at least, should be pretty good.
MMMMM...FRIIIIEEEESSSS. Yeah, you'd think they'd sell killer fries at the stadium, but alas no. Actually, with the construction of the new press box under way (yours and my side of the stadium of course) all consessions were taken down and temps moved by the entrance. The choices are pretty slim, so don't come to the game hungry or thirsty or it will cost you dearly (seriously, $3.00 bottles of 20oz. waters).

The near future plan for the stadium involves removing the track and dropping the field level 26 ft., then extending the stands down to field level. It should add 10,000 seats. They will likely then add permanent north endzone bleachers with much higher capacity, adding another 3-4 thousand. The place will be rediculous then.
BroncoBob
Buckaroo

tttgowyo wrote:Hey there Boise fan, good to have you here. Tough loss this week for you all. Washington is going to end up a good team this year, and it is tough to come back form 4 turnovers... I am sure you guys will be tough as always on the smurf turf. We almost got you last year but unfortuneatly we aren't playing horseshoes or hand grenades. Anyway, bring on the smack talk!! WYO 3-0!!
Boise State 2-0?

You guys really shut down the Broncos last year. If your offense ever catches up to your defense, the Cowboys will win a lot of games.

We have the makings of a great rivalry between our 2 schools.....
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

BroncoBob wrote:
tttgowyo wrote:Hey there Boise fan, good to have you here. Tough loss this week for you all. Washington is going to end up a good team this year, and it is tough to come back form 4 turnovers... I am sure you guys will be tough as always on the smurf turf. We almost got you last year but unfortuneatly we aren't playing horseshoes or hand grenades. Anyway, bring on the smack talk!! WYO 3-0!!
Boise State 2-0?

You guys really shut down the Broncos last year. If your offense ever catches up to your defense, the Cowboys will win a lot of games.

We have the makings of a great rivalry between our 2 schools.....
I perswonally think it is great what Boise State has done. I think it brings awareness and some credibility to all of us out there in the wacky West. I am not one of those Boise bandwagon fans or anything, but I was very very happy to see them win out last year. Plus I had to root for them after they barely beat us. This will be one of the toughest tests for us all year, perhaps the toughest after watching TCU, and the fact that we have BYWho at home this year. Anyway.. Good luck, not sure about your Boise St. 2-0 thing,.. I am lost.. need sleep..

GO POKES!!
zorki1c
Buckaroo

If you are driving over be aware there is very little parking around the stadium. Best bet is to park in the downtown parking garages and catch a shuttle or park at the Washington Group parking across the river and catch the shuttle.

Next year the new press box and high rollers accommodations should be finished. After that hopefully the track will be removed and seats will be extended down to a lowered field and/or some extensions will be added to the stands at the open end of the field. We need to get the seating up to at least 40K in oder to have a chance at getting home and homes with BCS teams.

Have a safe trip over and back.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Hard to respect a stadium with a track.

Are you guys anticipating a lot of home and home type of games? I know the MWC has had to work their ass off to get BCS teams into their home stadiums.. and even Syracuse bought out their return trip to Laramie. kitty.
ImageImageImageImage
Doc Bobcat
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:Hard to respect a stadium with a track.

Are you guys anticipating a lot of home and home type of games? I know the MWC has had to work their ass off to get BCS teams into their home stadiums.. and even Syracuse bought out their return trip to Laramie. kitty.
We have the same kind of problems in Ohio. The University of Cincinnati (BCS) and Miami of Ohio (MAC) have always had one of the top home/away series in the state but UC coach Kelley wants to end it because Miami is not a BCS school.....major bullshiet.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Doesn't your Stadium only hold like 24,000? I could see it being hard to get BCS teams in there. I understand that it would only be fair to have a home and home with these teams, but sometimes, it just gets ridiculous. You know, we don't live in Perfect, so Wallgreens can take a Hike!!

Didn't you guys get Pitt to play in Ohio a few years back?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Doc Bobcat wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Hard to respect a stadium with a track.

We have the same kind of problems in Ohio. The University of Cincinnati (BCS) and Miami of Ohio (MAC) have always had one of the top home/away series in the state but UC coach Kelley wants to end it because Miami is not a BCS school.....major bullshiet.
Oh yeah, like Cincinnati is a HUGE money bowl player. Give me a break, the idiot needs to quit tooting his own horn and realize how "good" UC is. Who cares of they're BCS, Cincy isn't that great of a team.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Boise fans, when your stadium expansion is done ho much will Bronco Stadium seat?
zorki1c
Buckaroo

The current addition brings it to 32,000. The later planned expansions is supposed to bring it to somewhere around 45,000 I think.