Hate the CST - what a poop rag.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:14 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:37 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:43 pm
Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:17 pm Side note:
Wyoming's Top 5 Towns:
1. L
2. La
3. Lar
4. Lara
5. Laramie

Wyoming's Bottom 5 Towns:
5. An
4. Any
3. Anywh
2. Anywhere
1. Anywhere else
+1
:?

I would definitely put Lander ahead of Laramie personally.
Having lived in both places I can say living in Laramie is light years better. There is absolutely nothing to do there in the winter
Ice fishing, snow shoeing/cross country skiing into the winds, snowmobiling, mountain biking at Johnny behind the rocks, topping it off with a burger and beer at gannett grill...I’d say it’s damn near paradise
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:23 pm
Wyoming's Top 5 Towns:
1. L
2. La
3. Lar
4. Lara
5. Laramie

5. An
4. Any
3. Anywh
2. Anywhere
1. Anywhere else
+1

Having lived in both places I can say living in Laramie is light years better. There is absolutely nothing to do there in the winter
Ice fishing, snow shoeing/cross country skiing into the winds, snowmobiling, mountain biking at Johnny behind the rocks, topping it off with a burger and beer at gannett grill...I’d say it’s damn near paradise
You can do all that in Laramie and in some cases it’s much closer to town, plus watch Wyoming athletics, plus all the cultural stuff that comes with having a university, plus downhill skiing much much closer, closer snowmobiling, and it’s not isolated af. Just my :twocents: Lander is top 5 for sure though
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:31 pm
Wyoming's Top 5 Towns:
1. L
2. La
3. Lar
4. Lara
5. Laramie

5. An
4. Any
3. Anywh
2. Anywhere
1. Anywhere else
+1

You can do all that in Laramie and in some cases it’s much closer to town, plus watch Wyoming athletics, plus all the cultural stuff that comes with having a university, plus downhill skiing much much closer, closer snowmobiling, and it’s not isolated af. Just my :twocents: Lander is top 5 for sure though
County 10 has so much public recreation that it makes it tough to adjust to in other parts of the state. You could start out in Riverton and walk 150 miles in any direction and never hit private land. Some very hidden gems in mountains and lakes. An outdoorsman paradise.

Laramie has quite a bit and they are working on more. The pilot hill project is going to be a huge benefit going forward. It is too bad they didn't buy the Y-Cross ranch a few years ago and do the same thing. But there is a ton of private land down here - its not quite as easy to get lost. Laramie has quite a bit more culturual things to do, plus the athletics. And its an easy drive to somewhere bigger when its just not enough (Denver, etc).

I've lived in both. I'd take Laramie for living full time, and a nice cabin up by Dubois to visit.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:34 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:31 pm
Wyoming's Top 5 Towns:
1. L
2. La
3. Lar
4. Lara
5. Laramie

5. An
4. Any
3. Anywh
2. Anywhere
1. Anywhere else
+1

County 10 has so much public recreation that it makes it tough to adjust to in other parts of the state. You could start out in Riverton and walk 150 miles in any direction and never hit private land. Some very hidden gems in mountains and lakes. An outdoorsman paradise.

Laramie has quite a bit and they are working on more. The pilot hill project is going to be a huge benefit going forward. It is too bad they didn't buy the Y-Cross ranch a few years ago and do the same thing. But there is a ton of private land down here - its not quite as easy to get lost. Laramie has quite a bit more culturual things to do, plus the athletics. And its an easy drive to somewhere bigger when its just not enough (Denver, etc).

I've lived in both. I'd take Laramie for living full time, and a nice cabin up by Dubois to visit.
Lander/Dubois cannot be beaten in the summer. Agreed! But, summer only lasts 3.5 months in Wyoming