Everyone giving up?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

RapeljeJack wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:05 pm Edwards was confused tonight. In the post game article put on the UW website he stated, "This is a tough place to play and this was a stepping stone tonight." He is confusing the stepping stone with a grave stone!

Men's BB is on a DII level right now. These players haven't gotten better during the season, they have just gotten worn out. The excuses for men's BB will just continue if Edwards is the coach next year....I argue that the only way that he won as many games as he did in the previous 2 years was because they were Coach Shyatt's recruits, period!

The bold part I completely agree with. Edwards is a horrible coach. He did a terrible job with Shyatt's left over recruits and if Shyatt was the coach they would have had a lot better record than what Edwards got with them. Unlike Edwards, Shyatt is an extremely good x&o's coach and can get a team ready to play and at least has some sort of game plan to be executed.

Edwards on the other hand has no business ever being a head coach at the D1 level for a long time. He belongs being an assistant.

The fact that there are stories of Edwards trying to argue with Shyatt on how to do things when Shyatt was a head coach makes me question whether or not Edwards should even be an assistant anywhere.

He needs to be gone. No one is going to give a crap about the basketball program until he is gone, so no reason to prolong it after the end of this season. Just end it already. If Burman is stupid enough to give him another year then he should be fired also. That will never happen of course. Just hope Burman has some sense of IQ left in him and will do what needs to be done.

Edwards may be a nice guy but sometimes even if things don't go your way and you could use the excuse of injuries or what not, there just needs to be a change for a fresh start. I think this is one of those times.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

wrxman wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:15 pm fitness and conditioning
^^^This...and ^^^^THIS.
For a team that practices at elevation, we gas out faster than I do as a no cardio, beer drinking, office sitting, 54 year old. And I consider myself still in good shape.....
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Last week I was talking with one of the head coaches in high school bball in Wyoming whom coached Hunter T. I can guess you all know whom/from where. He and his wife are from around our area and were visiting family. He said that Edwards is not a very personable coach either. Hunter was THIS close to transferring once Shyatt left but stayed and Edwards never talked to Hunter once until Mack transferred. The coach has said that when players are walking down the hallways and say hello to Edwards he won't even acknowledge them and buries his head in paperwork. Take this for what it is but it also lends to the fact that he probably doesn't have the support of the players either.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Ugh. All this basketball/ Edwards talk is depressing. I am looking forward to when wyonation begins the 100-day countdown to kickoff season.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

wyoair wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:50 am Last week I was talking with one of the head coaches in high school bball in Wyoming whom coached Hunter T. I can guess you all know whom/from where. He and his wife are from around our area and were visiting family. He said that Edwards is not a very personable coach either. Hunter was THIS close to transferring once Shyatt left but stayed and Edwards never talked to Hunter once until Mack transferred. The coach has said that when players are walking down the hallways and say hello to Edwards he won't even acknowledge them and buries his head in paperwork. Take this for what it is but it also lends to the fact that he probably doesn't have the support of the players either.
This inspires a TON of confidence. geez
wyoair
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:49 am
wyoair wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:50 am Last week I was talking with one of the head coaches in high school bball in Wyoming whom coached Hunter T. I can guess you all know whom/from where. He and his wife are from around our area and were visiting family. He said that Edwards is not a very personable coach either. Hunter was THIS close to transferring once Shyatt left but stayed and Edwards never talked to Hunter once until Mack transferred. The coach has said that when players are walking down the hallways and say hello to Edwards he won't even acknowledge them and buries his head in paperwork. Take this for what it is but it also lends to the fact that he probably doesn't have the support of the players either.
This inspires a TON of confidence. geez
Yeah, exactly just adds to the toxic environment. I wouldn't have believed it but it came from a coach who coached HT for 4 years and talks to him regularly. He said that Edwards always comes off to the coaches around the state as being just an ass and hardly won't give them the time of day, even to just look at a player. He said that Fornstom wasn't even looked at as a potential walk-on before all of the events that took place to him being a necessity. Unfortunately I think Burham has ignorance to the entire situation despite it being his job to intimately know these things and gives us one more year of this BS because of attrition. The last game I watched was I think the Nevada game and every other word from the commentators was injuries when they talked about Wyoming. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of our best players jump ship if he's back.
wyo 1
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 4 times

Didn’t Hunter sign after Shyatt left? Edwards 3rd year here and HT 2nd.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 pm I think the football team will have more wins than the basketball team
After losing our awesome DC, I doubt we keep teams out of the endzone so I'm not so sure.

I'll never give up on the Cowboys no matter the record of the pain I'll always bleed brown and gold.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

I will have officially given up if we lose at home to San Jose St.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:03 am I will have officially given up if we lose at home to San Jose St.
So you'll be encouraged for the rest of this season if we beat San Jose State at home?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyo 1 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:01 pm
Didn’t Hunter sign after Shyatt left? Edwards 3rd year here and HT 2nd.
This was my exact thought.... He is playing this season as a R-FR. He sat last season. This is Edwards 3rd season meaning he signed here during Edwards 1st season, not Shyatts last... Kinda blows holes in this hit job on Edwards....And I hate Edwards as UW's head coach....

EDIT: Looks like Thompson commited to UW on or around the 6 of September, 2016. Allen Edwards become the head coach of Wyoming on March 21, 2016 (Thompson was still committed to Creighton). Edwards was 6 months on the job when Thompson committed to Wyoming.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

No offense, but this is obviously not 100% true. Thompson was still a junior in High School and was already committed to Creighton when Shyatt left.

Well after Shyatt had left, Thompson decommited from Creighton and committed to Edwards and UW.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:09 am
cowpoke pride wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:03 am I will have officially given up if we lose at home to San Jose St.
So you'll be encouraged for the rest of this season if we beat San Jose State at home?
Not encouraged. That's a game we should win every year regardless of roster and injuries. We should also win there considering that San Jose St hasn't made an attempt at fielding a competitive squad while in the Mountain West.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:09 am
nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 pm I think the football team will have more wins than the basketball team
After losing our awesome DC, I doubt we keep teams out of the endzone so I'm not so sure.

I'll never give up on the Cowboys no matter the record of the pain I'll always bleed brown and gold.
Believe me, I am not in the market for a new team to root for. I grew up with the cowboys and will always be a fan, but dammit I would like to win on occasion. I have seen better basketball from playground pick up games than what I have seen this year.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I think we need to make a run at Scott Nagy. I have always liked him. He has a good record, and lots of tread left on the tires that I think he could turn around this dumpster fire, and have sustained success after the turnaround. We need a home run hire,band I think he could be it.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

aranderson wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:14 pm I think we need to make a run at Scott Nagy. I have always liked him. He has a good record, and lots of tread left on the tires that I think he could turn around this dumpster fire, and have sustained success after the turnaround. We need a home run hire,band I think he could be it.
Missed our chance. Talk about a missed opportunity. Nagy was hired by Wright State the same time that we hired Edwards for about the same salary. I am sure he would have jumped at the chance to take over a MWC school a year removed from the NCAA’s vs moving to Ohio for the Wright State job.

Unfortunately, he has now won at Wright State and is making at least as much as we will offer anyway. No reason for him to move.
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

...I now realize.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

As of today - There are 24 teams in NCAA Division 1 that are worse than Wyoming according to RPI. RPI begins to become relatively accurate late in the season. Wyoming is RPI #329 out of 353 teams. Without Justin James, I do believe that Wyoming is probably #353.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 am As of today - There are 24 teams in NCAA Division 1 that are worse than Wyoming according to RPI. RPI begins to become relatively accurate late in the season. Wyoming is RPI #329 out of 353 teams. Without Justin James, I do believe that Wyoming is probably #353.
Yep, still begging the question as to why Edwards and staff are still at the helm. There is a very real possibility that this team finishes with a worse record than Moe's team that only won 8. If Burman doesn't clean house, perhaps it is time for he and his poor hiring decisions to go first, then follow with Edwards.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Ditto that if we lose to SJSU, but not yet, keep up the great work JJ