New Mexcio

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Big game tomorrow. New Mexico has two really great guards. If we can slow down their guards we should win going away, but that will be a tough task.

Will Ike play? Who knows at this point. If Ike does play we should stomp them since they have no one who can stop him down low
What about DuSell? Can't wait for X to come back.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:58 pm Big game tomorrow. New Mexico has two really great guards. If we can slow down their guards we should win going away, but that will be a tough task.

Will Ike play? Who knows at this point. If Ike does play we should stomp them since they have no one who can stop him down low
What about DuSell? Can't wait for X to come back.
Dusell will be much appreciated on both sides of the court. Used to think he was the best defensive guard, but Reynolds just might take his place. If Ike plays, they won’t be able to stop him and we win by 15 plus
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Listening to the Sportszone tonite the beat writer for the Lobos said NM is nothing but guards and not much size and in not so many words if we play our game we should be fine, might be a game to rest Ike if we really need to going into Boise next week, we shall see and do we see 7k in the AA?? I'm there of course Go Pokes Beat the Bozos
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Ike is going to play!!!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Pokes playing well, but New Mexico is hanging tough.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times

Folks will get to drive home happy. What a game.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Phew...super raggedy finish.. I can't believe UNM has not won a conference game. It's nice to just be able to grind out buckets down low. One of these days our below average situational play is going to bite us though.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Pokes won that one at the free throw line. Glad the kids hung on.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Wow, team stats make this look like it should not have been so close. We had better shooting percentage and outrebounded them. We did have six more turnovers. Just surprised that translated to 17 more fg attempts for them.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Those lobos kept hanging around and hanging around
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Kinda shocked their coach didn’t get ejected. He went ape poop for like two straight minutes
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

We could have really used Xavier Dusell to keep their guards from getting down the lane tonight. We need him back as soon as possible.

The good news: that felt like the "Dome of Doom" for the last five minutes of the game. Although the crowd was larger than it has been in years, they didn't really get into it until the game was on the line. That energy needs to be there from start to finish. It's good to see the Cowboy fans woke up for the stretch run of the game.

Pitino threw a fit and a lot of people are saying that was a bad charge call. Those people weren't sitting where I was at. The refs let their guards push off on 4 or 5 drives in the first half and only started calling it late in the game. The last call was a result of them allowing UNM to push off the majority of the first half.

Still, this was a good win and it was really fun to be part of that crowd at the end. It looks like the crowd is finally starting to wake up and give us a real home court advantage again. We'll need that consistently if we want to protect our home court, take advantage of our ability to win road games, and give ourselves a punchers shot at a conference title this year. We have the players and coaching. We need the fans to show up like we did for the last five minutes of the game.

It's a good day to be a Cowboy. That game was a lot of fun. People will come for that atmosphere.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Lobos did a good job of taking the crowd out of it. They hit big shot after big shot to quiet the crowd
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Also, not enough words can be written on how AWESOME Ike and Maldonado are. Wowwww
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

Glad we won but our defense sucked tonight.

Need to be a lot better.

Big game at Boise on Tuesday for first place in the conference. Boise just beat the Aztecs in San Diego.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Wasn't purdy but got it done, hope we have X and Kenny for the Boise game, if for even a few minutes....CSU on Jan 31 our crowd needs to bring it as I'm sure there will be plenty of mutton lovers invading the AA....shut em up
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

What a fun team to watch! We haven’t had a dominator down low like Ike since the days of Uche. Huge game Tuesday. HUGE!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:49 pm Glad we won but our defense sucked tonight.

Need to be a lot better.

Big game at Boise on Tuesday for first place in the conference. Boise just beat the Aztecs in San Diego.
4 games in 7 nights has worn us down. Last night, Thompson played 3 minutes and Reynolds played 25 minutes. Those were the only 2 guys that got off the bench. Hopefully, we'll get a few of the injured guys back soon.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I think New Mexico isn’t a bad squad but I also think they out performed their average. Seemed like they shot lights out for most of the game.

Although I believe we got some home cooking in the reffing department, it sure looked like the New Mexico guard extended his arm on the critical charge. I was also not impressed with how we finished. We were lucky they turned the ball over right after we did. The one late pass during the press was terrible.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I can only think of one bad call. Ike should have been called for a charge late. The charge on mashburn jr. Was the correct call. Their coach lost it, but it was the correct call