Sorry if it was already brought up but...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Reggie did a pretty good job, but I can't help but think he's still a tiny bit bitter...
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

I thought the same thing. He was kind if dickish.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

It's late, and I'm spacing it. Reggie who?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:It's late, and I'm spacing it. Reggie who?
Miller...he announced today's game
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times

He was schooled by Fennis in our march to the sweet 16.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
Never heard of her.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Never heard of her.
Haha. Post of the night! Touché sir
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

I don't think he is bitter at all. I like Reggie. He does a good job announcing. Think fans sometimes try to read too much into things that aren't there.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:I don't think he is bitter at all. I like Reggie. He does a good job announcing. Think fans sometimes try to read too much into things that aren't there.
Agreed
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
STJ10
Buckaroo

I don't think anyone read too much into anything. It is what it is. Reggie is still sour about Fennis getting in his ass and losing to Wyoming. One comment said it all, "Wyoming needs to be more aggressive on offense." This moronic comment came just as we were blowing their doors off. He said it twice. Both times during our early-game run when we were pouring it on and up by 10 and 12 points. Reggie is a hater, and has ALWAYS been a hater. Remember when MJ made his 1995 comeback? Reggie said, "26 shot attempts? Yeah, that's Michael. He's back." Instead of saying, "The league is lucky to have him back." or something classy like that. With the exception of Reggie giving Nance props before the game, he didn't have much positive to say about UW, except for when he offered constructive criticism. I never cared for Reggie, and if he were so great and knowledgeable he would have at least ONE ring to prove it.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

STJ10 wrote:I don't think anyone read too much into anything. It is what it is. Reggie is still sour about Fennis getting in his ass and losing to Wyoming. One comment said it all, "Wyoming needs to be more aggressive on offense." This moronic comment came just as we were blowing their doors off. He said it twice. Both times during our early-game run when we were pouring it on and up by 10 and 12 points. Reggie is a hater, and has ALWAYS been a hater. Remember when MJ made his 1995 comeback? Reggie said, "26 shot attempts? Yeah, that's Michael. He's back." Instead of saying, "The league is lucky to have him back." or something classy like that. With the exception of Reggie giving Nance props before the game, he didn't have much positive to say about UW, except for when he offered constructive criticism. I never cared for Reggie, and if he were so great and knowledgeable he would have at least ONE ring to prove it.

Yeah you are reading too much into it. You are welcome to your opinion of course but I think you need to be a little more thick skinned and not try to take every comment made as some "out to get Wyoming comment". It isn't like he was talking great about the Aztecs either.

The fact was both offenses yesterday sucked and part of it was due to great defense and part of it was just missing shots. He was right Wyoming did need to be more aggressive. Glad we won that is all that matters but some of you read way too much into anything.

As far as MJ goes , I was the biggest MJ fan there was. Had his posters and every sports illustrated magazine he was on the cover of pinned up on the walls and ceiling of my room. Had Bulls memorabilia everywhere around my house and would get nervous before every game. That was back when they were playing against each other and were competitive as eastern conference rivals. Not many guys liked Michael back then because he came to destroy you.

I even didn't like Reggie Miller back then. I also hated the Knicks and the Pistons. I realize though that was when they were rivals and playing against each other but now that they are older they all respect one another for the most part. I just think some people take these comments made by announcers wrong and try to read to much into it.

Take off the brown and gold goggles and be realistic. He wasn't trying to do anything. He gave Hankerson a hug after the game.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

It was Hankerson who gave Reggie the hug.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Never heard of her.
My favorite Beaver post ever! :lol:
I'm good for 3!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

fromolwyoming wrote:It was Hankerson who gave Reggie the hug.
And Nance
STJ10
Buckaroo

seattlecowboy wrote:
STJ10 wrote:I don't think anyone read too much into anything. It is what it is. Reggie is still sour about Fennis getting in his ass and losing to Wyoming. One comment said it all, "Wyoming needs to be more aggressive on offense." This moronic comment came just as we were blowing their doors off. He said it twice. Both times during our early-game run when we were pouring it on and up by 10 and 12 points. Reggie is a hater, and has ALWAYS been a hater. Remember when MJ made his 1995 comeback? Reggie said, "26 shot attempts? Yeah, that's Michael. He's back." Instead of saying, "The league is lucky to have him back." or something classy like that. With the exception of Reggie giving Nance props before the game, he didn't have much positive to say about UW, except for when he offered constructive criticism. I never cared for Reggie, and if he were so great and knowledgeable he would have at least ONE ring to prove it.

Yeah you are reading too much into it. You are welcome to your opinion of course but I think you need to be a little more thick skinned and not try to take every comment made as some "out to get Wyoming comment". It isn't like he was talking great about the Aztecs either.

The fact was both offenses yesterday sucked and part of it was due to great defense and part of it was just missing shots. He was right Wyoming did need to be more aggressive. Glad we won that is all that matters but some of you read way too much into anything.

As far as MJ goes , I was the biggest MJ fan there was. Had his posters and every sports illustrated magazine he was on the cover of pinned up on the walls and ceiling of my room. Had Bulls memorabilia everywhere around my house and would get nervous before every game. That was back when they were playing against each other and were competitive as eastern conference rivals. Not many guys liked Michael back then because he came to destroy you.

I even didn't like Reggie Miller back then. I also hated the Knicks and the Pistons. I realize though that was when they were rivals and playing against each other but now that they are older they all respect one another for the most part. I just think some people take these comments made by announcers wrong and try to read to much into it.

Take off the brown and gold goggles and be realistic. He wasn't trying to do anything. He gave Hankerson a hug after the game.
True. Wyoming could have been more aggressive. And Reggie could have made his comment during our 12 minute scoring drought. Instead he says it when we are on fire making it seem more like verbal diarrhea. Maybe my perceptions are skewed. You may have a point. Maybe it's derives from my intense hatred of Reggie due to all of the stupid things that have ALWAYS come out of his big trap. He has a history of saying dumb sh#@ and last night was no different. One thing nobody can dispute....is the fact that Reggie has always been a hater.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

STJ10 wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:

True. Wyoming could have been more aggressive. And Reggie could have made his comment during our 12 minute scoring drought. Instead he says it when we are on fire making it seem more like verbal diarrhea. Maybe my perceptions are skewed. You may have a point. Maybe it's derives from my intense hatred of Reggie due to all of the stupid things that have ALWAYS come out of his big trap. He has a history of saying dumb sh#@ and last night was no different. One thing nobody can dispute....is the fact that Reggie has always been a hater.
I can see your point. There are people who hate Reggie and people who like him. I myself like him. I also like Charles Barkley and Bob Knight also. I think they are more entertaining than anything. Obviously lots of people don't like Barkley or Bob Knight as well. I just happen to find them more entertaining and don't take everything they say as bad.

Hope I didn't come across as a prick as I wasn't trying to :lol: I just don't worry too much about what announcers say.

There are a lot of fans at every school that think announcers are out to get them. I remember reading one comical article where it had about 60 different college football schools all claiming that Kirk Herbstreit hated them.

Anyways Go pokes!!!!

CNPOKE
Buckaroo

Well said Seattle, matter of opinion. This I know nobody on the air is as bad as Johnny Miller announcing golf! Don't think him and Reggie are related. :lol:
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I didn't mean anything negative by it. He's human. Best record since the 87-88 season and he's announcing the game. Of course it brings up some memories. Surprised they didn't bring up that game, but then again maybe not.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

CNPOKE wrote:Well said Seattle, matter of opinion. This I know nobody on the air is as bad as Johnny Miller announcing golf! Don't think him and Reggie are related. :lol:
Idk, listening to Bill Walton announce PAC games will give anybody a run for worst ever