Thank you, Cowboys!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This school and fan base were starved for success, in particular a conference championship, and they delivered. We set the bar high a lot, and rarely are those expectations met. We set the bar at NCAA Tournament berth, and this group accomplished that. Despite several unlucky bumps in the road....MW Champs, NCAA Tournament berth. Larry Nance Jr. has etched his name into a Wyo basketball folklore. The future is bright for this program. The facilities and support are in place to keep this train moving. We will not wait another 13 years to go to the dance again.

Give it up for these Pokes! Thanks for the memories!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

+1
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

No doubt. Helluva ride. We owe our future success to this senior class. Nothing but heart, just were over matched. Love the fight, loved the resolve, we will miss these guys.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:This school and fan base were starved for success, in particular a conference championship, and they delivered. We set the bar high a lot, and rarely are those expectations met. We set the bar at NCAA Tournament berth, and this group accomplished that. Despite several unlucky bumps in the road....MW Champs, NCAA Tournament berth. Larry Nance Jr. has etched his name into a Wyo basketball folklore. The future is bright for this program. The facilities and support are in place to keep this train moving. We will not wait another 13 years to go to the dance again.

Give it up for these Pokes! Thanks for the memories!
Beat my post. But I completely agree. We are on our way!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

LOVED THESE COWBOYS!!!! They will be missed. Thanks to everyone for their amazing efforts over the years. Some favorites that will be hard to be replaced for sure. Some legendary Pokes played for this team. :king: All champs in my book. Good luck on your futures seniors whatever you do.
Riding High!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Thanks, Cowboys! The seniors will be missed terribly.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Thank you Cowboys.

This has been a fun first year here. You turned me from a fan who originally came to WyoNation in support of Craig Bohl, but it really wasn't until basketball season until I turned into a full-fledged Wyoming Cowboy fan.

I've got an order of Wyoming Cowboy apparel coming in the mail, and I can't wait to show my support for UW around Minnesota.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Thank you Cowboys.

This has been a fun first year here. You turned me from a fan who originally came to WyoNation in support of Craig Bohl, but it really wasn't until basketball season until I turned into a full-fledged Wyoming Cowboy fan.

I've got an order of Wyoming Cowboy apparel coming in the mail, and I can't wait to show my support for UW around Minnesota.
+1
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Thank you Cowboys. I'm proud to be a fan of this great group. It's been a hell of a ride.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

My Poke flags are riding high and proud here in Kansas. Go Pokes! Thank you for a great ride this year!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Dumpster fire to this season. I said it before but amazing turn around. Great job coach and men!!

Now that the foundation is built, I can't wait to see the house.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:Thank you Cowboys.

:thumb:
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Best year in Wyoming athletics in a damn long time.

Thank you for the amazing MWC Tournament memories my first tournament will be hard for another team to surpass can't wait until next year!
wwcc22
Buckaroo

Thanks Cowboys for the great season
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

It was soooo awesome to see Wyoming win a conference title, to see their name pop up on the screen during selection Sunday, and to watch them play a tournament game. Granted, the outcome wasn't what we wanted, but it was a great season. We need a couple of shooters and some depth, but hopefully the foundation has been laid for a terrific future. I will miss Nance...one of my all-time favorite Cowboys. I doubt I will be on here much until the fall. So have a great summer, fellow Cowboy fans. We'll reconvene in the fall to overreact to losses, get too high over wins and call each other names for seven months. :) Go Pokes!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

A big THANK YOU to the entire team! This was a year that we've been waiting for for a long time. This senior class came into a program that was one of the worst in the country and helped turn it into a conference and national power. They've set the bar high, and I have complete faith that the guys that will follow in their footsteps will continue our upward trend!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Fine season. Seniors - thank you.

Now, on to football. Bohl. Can you match the basketball season? Try.
Try real hard. OK? We will be watching.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Adv8RU12 wrote:Fine season. Seniors - thank you.

Now, on to football. Bohl. Can you match the basketball season? Try.
Try real hard. OK? We will be watching.
Bohl deserves time. Shyatt didn't do this overnight. Making it big in football is x50 harder than doing it in basketball.

The future is bright for this program. I like the incoming talent and momentum going into next fall. It may be difficult to get back to the dance right away, but I think 20+ win seasons will become the norm in Laramie. Fingers crossed.

Now...let's get some top-notch opponents on that OOC schedule!
Last edited by J-Rod on Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Thank you Pokes for being you! You brought home the Conference Title and gave us hope for future teams with your unselfishness, team work, and toughness!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Good Ride !