Officially a "season that can't be measured by wins/losses"

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

F this, hot garbage. 27 straight mountain west losses...what a joke... Is it okay if we criticize you Larry? Do we have your permission?
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Tonight's loss is straight up embarrassing.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Lost to San Jose State....good god if there is a program killing back breaking loss for this university to find they will find it. Must have watched football tape of the North Dakota game prior to taking the court.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Terrible loss. He needs help with his rotation bad.
Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

At least the women's game was entertaining to the very end.

San Jose has been a program trying to rebuild from scratch these past few years. Couple that with APR issues left over from the last coach, basically an entire team of freshman 2 years ago, most of them suspended last year then transferring out this year the team was bound to get better . Still have a couple years until they're consistently good but Wyoming just caught them at a bad time. They has CSU beat last weekend and handed it away at the end so they had some aggression left over from not closing out the game. They should be 2-2 at minimum this season in conference.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

sad, sad, sad
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Just a bad game.....couldn't shoot in the 1st half. And some costly turnovers really hurt us toward the end. Josh turned the ball over 3 consecutive times bringing the ball up the court in crunch time. That was at a time when we could have taken the lead, but couldn't get over the hump.

Probably Josh's worst game all year....he only scored 10, went 0'fer from 3, and turned the ball over 6 times. At times it seemed the team was playing better when Josh wasn't on the court.

At this point they just need to play game to game, improve, and catch lightning in a bottle during the MWC tourney. At the very least finish over .500 and get to some type of post season tournament.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

From the beginning of the season this was a "a season that can't be measured by wins". Was the game horrible? yes. Did we know there was a chance we would drop this game? Sure. I knew we would win some games we weren't supposed to win and drop a few that we should have one. This game is one of the latter. Not sure if something is up with Josh. Nagging injury, just wore down, or just in a funk but the last two games have been rough for him. I guess UNLV wasn't that bad other than scoring but last night was a rough one for him. Was trying too hard. Need to just try and finish at the rim instead kicking it back out so much.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:Just a bad game.....couldn't shoot in the 1st half. And some costly turnovers really hurt us toward the end. Josh turned the ball over 3 consecutive times bringing the ball up the court in crunch time. That was at a time when we could have taken the lead, but couldn't get over the hump.

Probably Josh's worst game all year....he only scored 10, went 0'fer from 3, and turned the ball over 6 times. At times it seemed the team was playing better when Josh wasn't on the court.

At this point they just need to play game to game, improve, and catch lightning in a bottle during the MWC tourney. At the very least finish over .500 and get to some type of post season tournament.
Maybe the worst of his career in terms of damage his play caused.

That is not an attack on him, it is what it is. He is a warrior and has carried us this year and last night he wasn't able to do it.

I put some on him but most of last nights embarrassment lies squarely on Shyatts shoulders
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Josh hasn't look right since late in the first half of the UNLV game. Hope he's not hurt.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:Just a bad game.....couldn't shoot in the 1st half. And some costly turnovers really hurt us toward the end. Josh turned the ball over 3 consecutive times bringing the ball up the court in crunch time. That was at a time when we could have taken the lead, but couldn't get over the hump.

...but most of last nights embarrassment lies squarely on Shyatts shoulders
How? The guys had shots to take the lead. They needed to knock them down.

Turnovers are killers, but we know Josh is the guy in crunch-time.

This year is the price we pay for fielding a team with the maturity and experience-level we had last year.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

SDPokeFan wrote:Lost to San Jose State....good god if there is a program killing back breaking loss for this university to find they will find it. Must have watched football tape of the North Dakota game prior to taking the court.
God hell, man, you are the most negative, Chicken Little, the-end-is-nigh person who posts on this board. How many times have you huddled in your basement, clutching your daddy's rifle, looking forward to finally getting to try all the freeze dried food you've stock-piled while fantasizing about the wasteland-wandering women who will favor you with their pleasures for good water and a meal.

Seriously, you come off as hoping the program fails...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

This whole thread other than a couple of posts is hilarious. I don't think the loss was as bad as everyone else. Didn't surprise me one bit. Wyoming didn't play their best game but figured it might happen after beating UNLV which was a very big win for a young team and then going on the road to play an improved SJSU team. Who played SDSU tough and went to OT with CSU and had that game won as well before blowing it.

I wish we could have won the game and yes we did have multiple chances but not worried about it.

If this were last years SJSU team then yeah it wouldn't be good but it isn't. Also if we were a veteran ball club then yeah not good again but as we all know we aren't. If next year's team loses a game like this then I could see some frustration but this year I just don't buy it. :lol:

Let's hope the Pokes play a better game today in the PIt and somehow escape with a win and if they don't guess what? Not worried one bit about it. This year is a growing up season. :D

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….