@UNLV

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 pm
Vt poke wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:35 pm Don’t give up hope yet on this team. Money will be made in Vegas. Take these guys at 500 to 1 to win the tourney. I know I’ll be in for 50 and enjoy the run courtside. The pieces are there, just need to gel as a team and play better d and rebound. As seen last night, any team can be beat and if we can put together two solid half’s, we will be fine. Time for Trace Young to step up. That kid is a baller!
Except for 2015, when we won, we haven't made it to the semi's in the tournament in the last 10 years. With a team this thin on players, we would more than likely be exhausted if we won a play in game the first round. And sorry to say, the pieces are not there. We are a terrible shooting team. We have no power players to post up or crash the boards. Lastly, we don't have a true point guard to distribute the ball/penetrate/shoot....etc.....do all the things a point guard does. Thompson and Young are very promising players for the future, but the dark chasm this program is descending towards is giving me heath flashbacks. I think Edwards gets a pass for this year no matter how it ends. I hope I'm wrong.
Why? I've heard the sentiment that, no matter what happens, Edwards job is secure for this year, and I don't understand why. To me it seems like the product on the court and the trajectory of the program would equal a very hot seat for Edwards. Is the current athletic department leadership at Wyoming super-ok with a really bad basketball program?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

307bball wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:25 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 pm
Vt poke wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:35 pm Don’t give up hope yet on this team. Money will be made in Vegas. Take these guys at 500 to 1 to win the tourney. I know I’ll be in for 50 and enjoy the run courtside. The pieces are there, just need to gel as a team and play better d and rebound. As seen last night, any team can be beat and if we can put together two solid half’s, we will be fine. Time for Trace Young to step up. That kid is a baller!
Except for 2015, when we won, we haven't made it to the semi's in the tournament in the last 10 years. With a team this thin on players, we would more than likely be exhausted if we won a play in game the first round. And sorry to say, the pieces are not there. We are a terrible shooting team. We have no power players to post up or crash the boards. Lastly, we don't have a true point guard to distribute the ball/penetrate/shoot....etc.....do all the things a point guard does. Thompson and Young are very promising players for the future, but the dark chasm this program is descending towards is giving me heath flashbacks. I think Edwards gets a pass for this year no matter how it ends. I hope I'm wrong.
Why? I've heard the sentiment that, no matter what happens, Edwards job is secure for this year, and I don't understand why. To me it seems like the product on the court and the trajectory of the program would equal a very hot seat for Edwards. Is the current athletic department leadership at Wyoming super-ok with a really bad basketball program?
I think he gets a pass because of all the players lost to injury and Redding's situation.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

It's Burman, nuff said