Big 12 Wrestling Championships

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Vapoke wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:52 am Smith has been moved to the other side of the bracket from Ashworth.
Excellent, that is fair!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

The spoke about it. It wasn't fair to Ashworth who worked hard all year to face off against a guy like Smith, though I think Ashworth can beat him. He should have to take the 3-2-1 road from the other side.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:10 am
Vapoke wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:52 am Smith has been moved to the other side of the bracket from Ashworth.
Excellent, that is fair!
Do we have a link showing this?
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/wres ... -165-pound

Smith is the 7 seed. I read an article advocating for him to be the 6 seed, which makes sense to me. That would avoid punishing the 2 seed (possibly) right away, and who cares about punishing the 3 seed? Rogers was going to be the 3 seed anyway before being beat out.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

At this point tho regardless, he still has to go through the 3 and the 2 seed to get to Branson. Which by that time I think Branson can get him. I think Branson could get him anyway, but Joe has a tough road to hoe.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

And Smith lost in the quarters anyway. Bransons got to dominate here.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

Bridges with an awesome win against Gomez. That was a good one.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Any idea where to track results? Trackwrestling wasn't working for me.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Poke doing very poorly today except Bridges. bleh
303cowboy
Cowpoke

Rough round for the pokes.. Only Bridges in the finals?
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Verner came out against the #1 seed and actually almost had a pin against in the first period, but would end up getting pinned in the second. He would win his first consolation round, but then lose to Moody. Verner ended 1-2 on the day, and his season will hinge on getting at-large bid.

Bridges - this guy has become and animal. He would score a tech fall and then dominate Gomez to be in the finals tonight. NATIONALLY TELEVISED on FOX SPORTS. He has really turned it on this season.

Turner - he would score a pin and then not wrestle well against Demas. He would win a wrestleback, but then lose. Ends the day 2-2 and will have to hope for an at-large bid. What pisses me off is Findlay from UVU was seeded higher and then Medical Forfetited his matches. I now hate UVU.

Jensen - Somehow he is still alive for a NCAA berth. He would get Tech Falled in round 1, but then upset Van Maanen via MD and then lose to WVU, however, he faces Thomsen (#2 Seed) in the 7th place match. If he wins then he will go to the NCAA.

Krueger - He came out strong and should have beaten the ISU guy but missed opportunities to complete single legs. He would win his consolation match, but then fall 1-2 on the day and his season is done.

Ashworth - Not sure what to say. He dominated his first match and then laid a big egg against Fogarty. He would lose, and now has to face Joe Smith to try and reach the 3rd place match.

Hastings - Came out strong with a huge win against two very good wrestlers, he would then run into Jacobe Smith and did not have a great outcome. He is back int he consoaltion bracket, but a 3rd place finish for Hastings would be a very strong season.

Samuelson - This guys is a monster, though he would lose his semi-final match this guy is going to be the cow-bell of the team. He crushed Hemauer from Fresno State. He is back int he consolation today.

Davidson - Not sure what to say. He just faded down the stretch this year and went 0-2. His season is most likely done.

Andrews - wrestled well, but ended up losing to Orndorff, he is still fighting for 3rd place finish.

I wish they would have pulled some upsets, but today is a new day. Lets finish strong boys, leave it all on the mat.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Turner will wrestle for 7th place
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Pretty bad effort by the team. Really disappointed they didn't come to wrestle. Hayden and Samuelson have to hope for at-large bids. Tate has the best shot with his high RPI.
Andrews gave up a late reversal to lose to Orndorff. Turner got to challenge for 6th place and won.

Ashworth finished a disappointing 4th but into NCAA
Turner 6th into NCAA
Andrews 4th into NCAA
Bridges is in no matter what

Verner, Hayden, and Samuelson have to hope for an at-large. I think only Samuelson gets it, but hoping for the best.

Jensen, Krueger, and Davdison are done for the season. Bad showing this weekend, hope Montorie can beat Fix tonight.

Montorie vs Fix at 6pm MT Fox Sports.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Vapoke wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:56 pm Pretty bad effort by the team. Really disappointed they didn't come to wrestle. Hayden and Samuelson have to hope for at-large bids. Tate has the best shot with his high RPI.
Andrews gave up a late reversal to lose to Orndorff. Turner got to challenge for 6th place and won.

Ashworth finished a disappointing 4th but into NCAA
Turner 6th into NCAA
Andrews 4th into NCAA
Bridges is in no matter what

Verner, Hayden, and Samuelson have to hope for an at-large. I think only Samuelson gets it, but hoping for the best.

Jensen, Krueger, and Davdison are done for the season. Bad showing this weekend, hope Montorie can beat Fix tonight.

Montorie vs Fix at 6pm MT Fox Sports.
Disappointing. Hastings (UVU) and Samuelson (NDSU) both lost to guys that they beat with relative ease in the dual season.

Unfortunately, I don't think Wyoming gets any at large bids at this point and I think it will just be the 4 (Ashworth, Turner, Andrews and Bridges). I say this because Samuleson is a true freshman and there has what seems in the past been a hesitancy to award at large bids to underclassmen. Verner and Hastings just don't have the resumes for an at large.

I know you were really excited for these Big 12s with big expectations and it is a disappointment. However, I would tend to think that we will see some hungry wrestlers next year and like the future of the program quite a lot.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I don’t even know what to say. They showed very little heart and effort today. Every team at Wyoming builds you up and then smashed your hopes.
I already imagine Wyoming WBB getting bounced in the first round also
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

Thought the finals were on Fox?
303cowboy
Cowpoke

'PokeForLife wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:12 pm Thought the finals were on Fox?
At&t Rocky mountain. The old root sports
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyoming finishes the Big 12s in 7th place behind Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, Oklahoma, Fresno State and Utah Valley. Disappointing because I didn't see many scenarios where Wyoming would finish behind Oklahoma and Utah Valley.

Bridges lost to freshman and 2nd ranked Daton Fix 4-2. Fix is my pick to win the championship at 133 but 133 is wide open if Micic is unable to go (Micic medically forfeited out of the Big 10s). Come on Bridges lets make a finals run!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:17 pm Wyoming finishes the Big 12s in 7th place behind Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, Oklahoma, Fresno State and Utah Valley. Disappointing because I didn't see many scenarios where Wyoming would finish behind Oklahoma and Utah Valley.

Bridges lost to freshman and 2nd ranked Daton Fix 4-2. Fix is my pick to win the championship at 133 but 133 is wide open if Micic is unable to go (Micic medically forfeited out of the Big 10s). Come on Bridges lets make a finals run!
He tossed Fix at the end and I thought there was maybe something there, but I guess not. Smith teaches all his okie boyz the art of stalling, but not stalling. The sport would be better if he would retire and get his boring, cheating fingerprints off the sport
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:31 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:17 pm Wyoming finishes the Big 12s in 7th place behind Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, Oklahoma, Fresno State and Utah Valley. Disappointing because I didn't see many scenarios where Wyoming would finish behind Oklahoma and Utah Valley.

He tossed Fix at the end and I thought there was maybe something there, but I guess not. Smith teaches all his okie boyz the art of stalling, but not stalling. The sport would be better if he would retire and get his boring, cheating fingerprints off the sport
In the guy's defense, it's the Oklahoma way of doing a lot of things...cheating regardless of what place you're talking about in Oklahoma. And no...I'm not joking. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!