NCAA Wrestling Tournament

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I was on vacation last week and missed everything. Thanks for the updates and insights, everyone!!

Kinda disappointing results, but the future is overall bright. No one was ready for primetime.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yianni lost that match. Luckiest wrestler ever
CowboyUp
Buckaroo

The future is very bright for the team next year. Everyone except Ashworth is back. Will probably be good competition next year at 149 and 157 with iron sharpening iron. I don't think the cut to 141 was easy for Jeffries and Zollmann has some length and can probably pack on some more muscle and I think Jensen will come back strong. Greenwood is good size for 49 and can probably put on some bulk and get up to 157. Wrestlestat had Greenwood at #67 at the end of the year and Zollmann at #64 and they seem to be upgrading a bit on the incoming talent with Svihel and Garcia as top 10-15 guys.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Bo Nickal originally from Torrington wins the Hodge..
Vapoke
Cowpoke

CowboyUp wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:10 pm The future is very bright for the team next year. Everyone except Ashworth is back. Will probably be good competition next year at 149 and 157 with iron sharpening iron. I don't think the cut to 141 was easy for Jeffries and Zollmann has some length and can probably pack on some more muscle and I think Jensen will come back strong. Greenwood is good size for 49 and can probably put on some bulk and get up to 157. Wrestlestat had Greenwood at #67 at the end of the year and Zollmann at #64 and they seem to be upgrading a bit on the incoming talent with Svihel and Garcia as top 10-15 guys.
Baker and Buchanan are both Top-10 guys as well. Andrews is probably safe at HWT, but Buchanan is going to push Cale for a starting spot.

Moody and Randles will go after 174.

The younger Greenwood has been on the international circuit so I am sure that is helping him out. Someone needs to step up at 149 and 157 whether it be Jensen and Dewey.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Not sure if Wyoming will sign some kids this spring as well. Jeffries signed after taking second in VB last year. Some big names are still out there so late signings or transfers are also possible.
CowboyUp
Buckaroo

Also heard that Hornickle is jumping levels. Should be a fun year.