Non-conference schedule released

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Oregon State at home should be a fun one
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

This is the best non-conference schedule in a long long time...but it is really hard to get excited for the upcoming basketball season. I don't even want to state my win-loss projection.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Can we win 5? For the season, not noncon
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:30 am This is the best non-conference schedule in a long long time...but it is really hard to get excited for the upcoming basketball season. I don't even want to state my win-loss projection.
I'll go out on an early limb and predict less than 8 wins total for the season. I just don't see anything changing under the current staff. That lack of a coaching change coupled with the loss of JJ just doesn't bode well for the Pokes. The pressure is really on Maldonado and he can't carry this team by himself. I think the other Hunter is just too soft to do anything except shoot 3's, so there will be a continued lack of rebounding. If they can't rebound, they aren't going to win many games. I hope I'm wrong but last year is probably a pretty good indicator of things to come this season.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Holt out for season and now I’m even more depressed thinking about the basketball season
W-Y, Until I Die!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:33 am Oregon State at home should be a fun one
Tinkle their scoring forward and HC's son will be tough to handle and they have a serious shot blocking big. If their new guards can play they're an NCAA tourney team. They should've been last year but those 2 twins weren't tough enough
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Maybe 10 and that's with luck on our side, sure hope I'm wrong, but not much to look forward with this bare cupboard, sorry
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Some decent games on there - South Carolina, TCU/Clemson, OR State - but can we be competitive?
andersonj
Buckaroo

Too bad about Belt, I hate it every time we lose a kid. For the naysayers worried about softness and rebounding, you are thinking about the wrong factor. Our problem is defense--the great equalizer--and physicality. We may get a little from Maldonado but it is never enough to have one or two people being tough and defending. Yes, we are looking at a long season.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Unsure what to think, wait and see approach
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

andersonj wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:26 pm Too bad about Belt, I hate it every time we lose a kid. For the naysayers worried about softness and rebounding, you are thinking about the wrong factor. Our problem is defense--the great equalizer--and physicality. We may get a little from Maldonado but it is never enough to have one or two people being tough and defending. Yes, we are looking at a long season.
Good defense ends with a rebound and physicality is the opposite of softness, so I think most everyone is on the same page.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

I'm old and senile, but has the MWC ever scheduled two league games the first part of December, then skipped to January to resume league play? Seems a bit strange to be playing Air Force on 12/4 and
New Mexico on 12/7, then 4 non-conference games in a row before taking on BSU January 1. Maybe they've done it in the past and I'm just too dementia ridden to remember.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

CowboyNV wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:28 am I'm old and senile, but has the MWC ever scheduled two league games the first part of December, then skipped to January to resume league play? Seems a bit strange to be playing Air Force on 12/4 and
New Mexico on 12/7, then 4 non-conference games in a row before taking on BSU January 1. Maybe they've done it in the past and I'm just too dementia ridden to remember.
It's never been done before even during our WAC years.

And before anybody asks....I have no earthly idea why they (the MWC) are doing it now!!!! I have a better shot of understanding women than understanding this. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:22 pm
CowboyNV wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:28 am I'm old and senile, but has the MWC ever scheduled two league games the first part of December, then skipped to January to resume league play? Seems a bit strange to be playing Air Force on 12/4 and

And before anybody asks....I have no earthly idea why they (the MWC) are doing it now!!!! I have a better shot of understanding women than understanding this. :roll:
Thanks, Wyokie, I thought I might have missed something along the way. As far as understanding women, after 47 years of marriage, I still have no clue, haha
wyo 1
Ranch Hand

They are doing it because the conference tournament starts a week earlier than normal to avoid the con expo in Vegas with extremely high hotel prices.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

wyo 1 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:50 pm

They are doing it because the conference tournament starts a week earlier than normal to avoid the con expo in Vegas with extremely high hotel prices.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know about moving up the dates of the MWC tourney.