How Is Attendance Figured?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WheatlandCowboy
Buckaroo

Each home game it seems like attendance is much lower than the official attendance numbers posted with the game stats. Why the big discrepancy?
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I'm assuming it has something to do with a blindfold and a dartboard.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I think it has to do with tickets sold....not "ass in seats". I would assume they count all the season ticket holders and businesses than "own" seats...regardless of whether or not anyone shows up.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

It's figured on tickets "sold and distributed" not tickets scanned at the door. Therefore, all season tix are counted, along with any tix sold to marketing partners or individuals that in turn donate them.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Whatever makes them feel better about themselves, wonder if Laramie High School outdraws the Pokes anymore?