Wyoming at San Jose St

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Well, two of the worst teams in the MWC going at it right now. Awful thing to watch. SJSU has about 500 people in attendance in their high school gym.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Close game. Looking at the schedule, this is our best chance for a win. For the players' sake, I really hope we can win this. It is crushing to be involved as a player on a team that is this bad.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times

Amazing, really. We we're 1-15 from 3 in the first half. Jake Hendrix punishing the rims as only he can. And yet, we only had 1 offensive rebound. Against any other team, we'd be down 20. Yet we're only down 1!

I've had enough today. I'm amazed and bored at the same time. There's an entire month of this to come.
I'm convinced Burman must be the most clever AD ever at the D1 level. No other AD could make as many disastrous hires and keep his job. The guy is a genius.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

Wyoming is 1-15 on three point shots for a whopping 6.7%. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that from any college team at any level. The thing that gets me is the Pokes are 11-15 from inside the arc. So, a coach with any kind of an idea about basketball would probably tell them no more threes. Edwards, he just lets them keep jacking them up. Do none of the coaches on the bench pay any attention to this?
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

1-15 (6.7%) from three at the half. Pathetic.

I never cease shaking my head at how poorly Hunter Thompson has been developed and utilized by this staff.

On the bright side, only one more month, or so, until we find out who Tommy Burman's
next MBB experiment is!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:56 pm I'm convinced Burman must be the most clever AD ever at the D1 level. No other AD could make as many disastrous hires and keep his job. The guy is a genius.
The great news is Wyoming has him through AT LEAST 2022!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

forget that nasty comment I made about Jake Hendrix. For 4 minutes, he turned into Larry Bird.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

HOOORAY 71-66
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Finally!! Good for the kids.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

The score, oh the score...
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Wyoming wins! Edwards just saved his job.... ;)

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Happy for them. I watched the last 7 minutes and thought we were toast after being down by 5, we missed the front of a 1-1 and then missed a free throw on an and 1.
W-Y, Until I Die!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

Pokes were 24-35 from inside the arc for 69% shooting. They were 5-26 from the three point line for 19%. Maybe, just maybe they should try to work the ball inside a bit more. Anyway, congrats to the kids for winning one on the road. Hell, congrats to them for winning one anywhere. Not sure where they get the next win from but hopefully it's CSU.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:56 pm The score, oh the score...
Been awhile since we've heard this
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Way to kill the monkey, Pokes. Congrats on the W!
SpartanDrew15
Buckaroo

CowboyNV wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:59 pm Wyoming is 1-15 on three point shots for a whopping 6.7%. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that from any college team at any level. The thing that gets me is the Pokes are 11-15 from inside the arc. So, a coach with any kind of an idea about basketball would probably tell them no more threes. Edwards, he just lets them keep jacking them up. Do none of the coaches on the bench pay any attention to this?
SJSU has been horrible at defending the three this season. Air Force made 13/29 threes against SJSU, and Boise State went 15/26 beyond the arc. Fresno State and Nevada also made 10 or more threes against SJSU. It looks like the Wyoming coaching staff reviewed the stats and game film and thought Wyoming would look like Stephen Curry from three, so Wyoming ended up shooting 26 threes (making five including the "dagger"), just as often as Boise State did.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

Whatever the win prevented ( an 0-fer), the level of play by this team is nothing short of high school level.
For the season,Jake Hendricks has shot 186 3's and made 32 percent of them. The rest of the team is even worse. The 2 Hunters have shot an even worse percentage than Hendricks. Foster has shot an incredible 22 percent from 3. If you watched the game yesterday, San Jose st. defense was the worst I've ever seen. And we still shot bricks.

It truly saddens me to see what has happened to this program. Maybe it's unrebuildable at this point. I cannot imagine any quality coach who would want to step into this mess. It would take tons of cash and I very much doubt that UW is going to spend very much on the next coach.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:12 am Whatever the win prevented ( an 0-fer), the level of play by this team is nothing short of high school level.
For the season,Jake Hendricks has shot 186 3's and made 32 percent of them. The rest of the team is even worse. The 2 Hunters have shot an even worse percentage than Hendricks. Foster has shot an incredible 22 percent from 3. If you watched the game yesterday, San Jose st. defense was the worst I've ever seen. And we still shot bricks.

It truly saddens me to see what has happened to this program. Maybe it's unrebuildable at this point. I cannot imagine any quality coach who would want to step into this mess. It would take tons of cash and I very much doubt that UW is going to spend very much on the next coach.
+1 I'm not going to jump for joy because this team avoided a shutout. I know they have to be frustrated as hell, but I've seen junior college teams that could beat the snot out of Wyoming. There is no other way to paint this other than an abject failure. I'm sure Burman will let Edwards finish the year, waiting until after the Big Dance to see where he can find a coach that may want this job. Unfortunately, there probably aren't too many coaches worth their salt who would take it at this point. Knowing Burman, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't try to bring back Shyatt, or just promote baby Shy to the job and call it good. Burman has been mailing it in on the basketball program ever since he took over as AD. Things are not going to improve under his tenure.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

We should never lose to SJSU in any sport. PERIOD
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

CowboyNV wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:59 am
bladerunnr wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:12 am Whatever the win prevented ( an 0-fer), the level of play by this team is nothing short of high school level.

+1 I'm not going to jump for joy because this team avoided a shutout. I know they have to be frustrated as hell, but I've seen junior college teams that could beat the snot out of Wyoming. There is no other way to paint this other than an abject failure. I'm sure Burman will let Edwards finish the year, waiting until after the Big Dance to see where he can find a coach that may want this job. Unfortunately, there probably aren't too many coaches worth their salt who would take it at this point. Knowing Burman, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't try to bring back Shyatt, or just promote baby Shy to the job and call it good. Burman has been mailing it in on the basketball program ever since he took over as AD. Things are not going to improve under his tenure.
If Burman doesn’t go out and get an experienced coach like Linder, pasternack, Miles, etc and hires Shyat or anybody in his tree then we know the AD doesn’t give two poop about basketball. This program needs a fresh start so bad.

On a side note I am very proud of the players sticking with it. They deserved to get a win.