Linder - Official

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

"I think what Jeff Linder did at Northern Colorado was very impressive and they had their best campaign they have ever had," Pomeroy said. "Offensively his team last season shot the ball very well ranking in the top-30 in both two-point and three-point baskets and that is the sign of an offense that is difficult to defend. His offense last season ranked 45th in the nation and that will transfer over well to the Mountain West Conference."

Link: https://gowyo.com/news/2020/3/19/mens-b ... teams.aspx
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

It looks like Cowboy fans will see a lot of threes and a solid focus on the pick and roll game from Linder's teams, offensively. (And a lot of pick and pops, most likely?)

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WTH is pick and roll? Not a big fan of basketball.....so educate me here.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Pick and roll, pick and pop, have been a fundamental for a long time.

Pick and roll was popular for John Stockton and Karl Malone. One guy sets a pick, or screen for another driving the lane... When the defense shifts, the driver passes to the pick man for an easy dunk or lay up.

Pick and pop is same situation, but the screen man bounces out to the three point line to take a shot.

Larry shyatt ran a lot of this
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

Wyokie wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:44 pm WTH is pick and roll? Not a big fan of basketball.....so educate me here.
Here's a classic pick and ........whatever

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Jeff's right-hand man promoted to head coach in Greeley. So, no seat on the Wyoming bench.

TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

POKE FAN wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:19 pm "I think what Jeff Linder did at Northern Colorado was very impressive and they had their best campaign they have ever had," Pomeroy said. "Offensively his team last season shot the ball very well ranking in the top-30 in both two-point and three-point baskets and that is the sign of an offense that is difficult to defend. His offense last season ranked 45th in the nation and that will transfer over well to the Mountain West Conference."

Link: https://gowyo.com/news/2020/3/19/mens-b ... teams.aspx
I don't knw if I am completely out of the loop or what but I never knew that KenPom was a Wyoming guy. That's pretty cool. How did I not know that.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Pomeroy has a graduate degree in atmospheric science from Wyoming. And he lives in Salt Lake City.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Former CSU player Dorian Green was on Linder’s staff at UNC. I wonder if he will bring him along up here. It would be ironic to have the former sheep that torched us many times become an assistant coach here.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:59 pm Pomeroy's stats show Linder's teams doing a great job (overall) of denying opponents the ability to get three-point shots off. In other words, solid perimeter defense. :thumb:

One last comment concerning Linder's tough perimeter defense. As an example, Wyoming averaged over 24 three-point shot attempts per game in '19-'20. In the 21-point home loss to UNC this season, Wyoming was held to only 11 three-point attempts by the Bears. Eleven. Another area that should/will improve immensely under Linder. :popcorn:
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

In back-to-back years, DeWeese was ranked as the top assistant in C-USA by NextUpRecruits.com and was the second ranked assistant in 2013-14 and '14-'15.In six seasons at UTEP the Miners defeated nationally ranked opponents Oregon, Nebraska, Michigan, Texas Tech, New Mexico State, Auburn, Memphis, Tennessee, Xavier and Washington State.

Link: https://gowyo.com/news/2020/3/24/mens-b ... staff.aspx
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Excellent! I'm feeling good about the direction of the program
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

"There is a dream job for everyone and for me being at the University of Wyoming with a coach like Jeff Linder is mine," Wicks said. "Coach Linder is regarded to be one of the smartest coaches in college basketball and his vision as a coach has made himself and his teams very successful everywhere he has been. I'm honored to be a part of his staff here in my home state."

aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

POKE FAN wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:15 am "There is a dream job for everyone and for me being at the University of Wyoming with a coach like Jeff Linder is mine," Wicks said. "Coach Linder is regarded to be one of the smartest coaches in college basketball and his vision as a coach has made himself and his teams very successful everywhere he has been. I'm honored to be a part of his staff here in my home state."

His Mom was my Economics teacher.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Welcome, Sundance Wicks. Cool name
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict