Recruits for this/next year

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

I was looking at the different kids that could possibly be recruited to fill the last 2 scholarships that Linder and Co. have to fill this year and came across some Wyo kids and thought I would ask what the thoughts are on them. Some of these kids obviously aren't going to fill the 2 scholarships this year because they are Juniors but I thought I would ask about them to see if anyone has watched them play.

1. Lawson Lovering, Cheyenne Central - is verbally committed to go to CU but is a Junior. Could he be flipped? He is 7'0". He looks young and still developing but getting better and better as the years go by. I wish Wyoming was even on his radar but probably not.

2. Sam Lecholat, Sheridan- Wyoming Gatorade player of the year. Also a Junior and already verbally committed to Montana State. He is a 6'6 PF but looks to just be getting started in his development.

3. Xavier McCord, Cheyenne East - This kid could be in the running this year. He is a 6'5" wing and in his highlights he looks athletic. I have no idea if his game translates to what Linder wants to do. He looks to have a nice shot but I don't have any stats to show percentages or anything. He might need to go juco route. I really have never watched him play.

I know we can't always get all of the in state kids to stay home and also we don't want just Wyoming kids on the team but I sure hope we can at least be in the running for these kinds of kids going forward.

Is there any other kids in and out of the state that anyone has heard about for the last 2 scholarships?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I work with one of Lovering’s parents. I wouldn’t put too much hope on him flipping. They seem very excited about CU.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:56 am I work with one of Lovering’s parents. I wouldn’t put too much hope on him flipping. They seem very excited about CU.
Forget any Wyoming kid that wants to go to Colorado to school