Interviews With Jeff Linder

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Last edited by POKE FAN on Sat May 09, 2020 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

A quick preview:

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Rex Walters (to Jeff Linder): "You're a high-level evaluator."

Full Interview: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/e ... 0473720274
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

“I think there’s something to be said about playing at a place for four years and having the opportunity to put your stamp on a program and a university. I do still think there’s a lot of players out there who want that experience,” Linder said. “Not every kid is looking to see if the grass is greener on the other side, there are still a lot of loyal kids out there. They know you’re putting in the work to get them in a position to be successful and you might not see as many kids transfer as you might think."

Article: https://www.standard.net/sports/death-o ... 46665.html
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Full Video Interview of Coach Linder With Rex Walters. Great basketball discussion for hoops fanatics. (Total run time 1:28:34.)

Linder: "What people don't realize is that Wyoming, our facilities, are as good as any in the country. I'll put them up against any Power Five. And then (there are) the resources behind the scenes......."

Linder: "And you have something behind you that really excited me.......you have an entire state behind you."

Walters: "One of the smartest basketball minds I've ever had a chance to work with, and I've worked with some great ones. You (Linder) could coach at any level."

Walters: "When you got the job (at Wyoming), I said, 'You better watch out Mountain West.......because he's going to figure out a way to compete and win at the highest level'."

Walters: "You're an unbelievable recruiter, you're an unbelievable evaluator. You're great in practice, you're great in game situations, you're great in scouting."

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Coach Linder participated in a virtual clinic on 5/26 with the Arizona Basketball Coaches Association concerning three-point line defense. I can't find a copy of Linder's presentation, but lots of good comments afterwards. Looking forward to seeing what this staff can do in Laramie.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Audio link: