Welcome Nate Barnhart....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Will Nate inherit the Hayden Dalton nickname line, since we just had a 6'10+" redhead that could make threes on you? It does look like Nate is taller though: a true 7'0" guy.

Will Nate become a more consistent shooter than Hayden?

It's hard to find 6'11" guys that can handle the rock, pass, and shoot. Those guys usually end up at blue blood schools. Linder and staff are willing to develop ours.

Who's the last Kansas prep player we had come to Laramie? That doesn't happen often.

Anyway, welcome aboard Nate.

Last edited by Old-Bull on Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

See a ton of resemblance to Hayden’s game, and even Hunter’s. Love big men who can stretch the floor, shoot well and pass and dribble. Would love to see Linder get a “true” post player. I think Wyo has passed on guys like that ever since Leonard Washington owned the paint. Love stretch 4’s, I know the game has headed that way, but give us a Washington “a grown ass man” and I’ll be elated
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Gorski was the last KS prep player. yikes
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:17 pm Gorski was the last KS prep player. yikes
Let’s hope he has better feet and can shoot better than the “sharp shooter”. I always loved another guy from Kansas, by way of Wichita St and Denver, Sean Ogirri. Quickest, smoothest stroke from 3
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:04 pm See a ton of resemblance to Hayden’s game, and even Hunter’s. Love big men who can stretch the floor, shoot well and pass and dribble. Would love to see Linder get a “true” post player. I think Wyo has passed on guys like that ever since Leonard Washington owned the paint. Love stretch 4’s, I know the game has headed that way, but give us a Washington “a grown A$$ man” and I’ll be elated
We have a true post player recovering from knee surgery in Graham Ike. He's a manbeast. Once he gets healthy, he has the ability to score at will in the paint, back to the basket, and just about anyway you like. Ike is the most gifted offensive post player I've seen in a long time, and he still doesn't have a lot of polished post moves yet.

The comparisons with Nate to Hayden are sure to come, hopefully Nate can learn to be a little less streaky. That was my only knock on Hayden.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Old-Bull wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:54 pm
Vt poke wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:04 pm See a ton of resemblance to Hayden’s game, and even Hunter’s. Love big men who can stretch the floor, shoot well and pass and dribble. Would love to see Linder get a “true” post player. I think Wyo has passed on guys like that ever since Leonard Washington owned the paint. Love stretch 4’s, I know the game has headed that way, but give us a Washington “a grown A$$ man” and I’ll be elated
We have a true post player recovering from knee surgery in Graham Ike. He's a manbeast. Once he gets healthy, he has the ability to score at will in the paint, back to the basket, and just about anyway you like. Ike is the most gifted offensive post player I've seen in a long time, and he still doesn't have a lot of polished post moves yet.

The comparisons with Nate to Hayden are sure to come, hopefully Nate can learn to be a little less streaky. That was my only knock on Hayden.
Agree about Ike, but darn it, he’s redshirting! Another great athlete from Overland
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:07 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Agree about Ike, but darn it, he’s redshirting! Another great athlete from Overland
Yeah, it's crazy to me that this young team will be together for three years now. We don't have a senior on the team. Hunter Thompson, who's a junior, now gets to play this free redshirt year, his junior year, and his senior year. This group is going to get time to grow together. That might not mean as much for the newcomers ready to play now, but for guys like Grisby and the juco transfers(Lemont, Nelson and Jeffries) that extra year to get up to speed of MWC basketball will be extremely valuable to their long term development.

Next year Ike, Bowen, and Barnhart brings the roster up to 14. I wouldn't be surprised if more walk-ons join the mix as well.

If I'm a Hunter I'm thrilled. I get three years to play under Jeff Linder and staff instead of just 2.

I really like the potential of this group. We have the athleticism to match up with the SDSU's of the world. This has to be the most athletic roster Jeff Linder has ever coached.

It looks like even our ball boys shoot 40 percent from the three point line. That will be a nice change: consistently shooting 40 percent from the three point line will make a lot of Wyoming fans very happy.

Win ball games and the AA will fill up. There's a reason it's called the Dome of Doom. This group has a chance to make our building absolutely unbearable on opponents again.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

If this kid is as good as Hayden Dalton that’ll be great. Hayden was a heck of a player