MBB @ Utah Valley

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Jeffries can stroke it. His shot is perfect every time he puts it up.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

WYO1016 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:55 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:52 pm They haven't called a foul on Utah Valley's big man all game. He bull rushes people in the post and consistently pushes off for rebounds.
Don't look at him sideways, though. That's a foul. Breathing on him is a flagrant.
That guy killed us all night long.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

93-88 win another on the road, liking what I'm hearin
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Was that a career high for Maldonado? This team has different ways to get wins. Williams was quiet tonight and Jeffries/Maldonado went off.

We'll see what we look like when we play someone good.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:25 pm Was that a career high for Maldonado? This team has different ways to get wins. Williams was quiet tonight and Jeffries/Maldonado went off.

We'll see what we look like when we play someone good.
I think their big could play on any team in the MWC, he's a stud down low.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Did Oden get hurt or was he just in foul trouble? He only played 7 minutes.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:51 pm Did Oden get hurt or was he just in foul trouble? He only played 7 minutes.
I dont think he was hurt. He was used sparingly throughout the game. I just don't think the coaches like the match-ups with him guarding their bigs.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Quality road win against a team that was a bad matchup for us. Any player on our team can take over any given night, which is damn near impossible to defend. I don't think we're going to win the conference this year or anything, but MAN this is a fun team. They'll be good this year and just keep getting better over the next 4 years.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Double post
Last edited by laxwyo on Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Great gutty win! Love their game. I figured we’d struggle against bangers but we managed to find a way. There will be a few conference teams we don’t match up well against but with a team full of shooters, who knows
W-Y, Until I Die!
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:25 pm Great gutty win! Love their game. I figured we’d struggle against bangers but we managed to find a way. There will be a few conference teams we don’t match up well against but with a team full of shooters, who knows
Like Linder has said, 3’s are more than 2’s. Great to see the win. Surprised we haven’t seen against this year, tonight would have been the night
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Refs (particularly one of them) did their best to keep UV in the game. Big props to the coaching staff and players for not letting the multiple bad calls beat them. They were composed and adjusted the best the could to still pull out this win. The Texas Southern game still stings, but this team is now 5-1 with no signs of slowing down. I am nervous about going all in with this team, but I am getting close with what I have seen so far.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Hunter Thompson made their big guy look like an all-american. Wyoming needs a real big man in the worst way. One rebound in 24 minutes while getting mauled for 20 rebounds by their slightly above average big man... Thompson plays like he's 5'10".

Nelson looks promising but he needs a year or two of experience under his belt. Thompson's lack of development will hold this team back this year. All we can hope for is Nelson to improve dramatically over the course of the season. I hope Ike's knee recovers to 100% because we could really use him next year.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

DVDA wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:20 am Hunter Thompson made their big guy look like an all-american. Wyoming needs a real big man in the worst way. One rebound in 24 minutes while getting mauled for 20 rebounds by their slightly above average big man... Thompson plays like he's 5'10".

Nelson looks promising but he needs a year or two of experience under his belt. Thompson's lack of development will hold this team back this year. All we can hope for is Nelson to improve dramatically over the course of the season. I hope Ike's knee recovers to 100% because we could really use him next year.
Good news. Since no one loses eligibility this year, Ike will play this year if his knee allows it.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Our guards can compete with any team in the conference. We are probably the weakest team down low in the conference. Sometimes our shooting will make up for this deficiency sometimes it won’t.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

WYO1016 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:14 pm We badly need a banger in the paint. Any team that is even remotely physical is going to kick our asses on the glass.
Definitely agree that we are undermanned underneath, their big man is a stud, can’t believe some other school from Utah doesn’t have him. Nelson has the ability and agility to get to that, just needs more reps. Ike is prob our best bet for a true post, hoping we get to see him, I’ve heard in January he will be playing. Say what you may about Hunter, but the dude when the game is on the line has ice in his veins, two huge three pointers at the end of both the last two games