Terrin Dickey walks-on to Wyoming.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

He was at a prep school so he'll enroll in Laramie for the upcoming semester.

https://www.welcometo7220.com/mens-bask ... rin-dickey
Last edited by Old-Bull on Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Did anyone notice he's 6'7" and his highlight video has no dunks on it? That means, he's probably not done getting taller, and he has incredible upside if he hits the weights.
Last edited by Old-Bull on Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I think he is a walkon
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:32 am I think he is a walkon
I think he is. The Billings paper said he's walking on.
Last edited by Old-Bull on Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wyoav211933
Ranch Hand

Old-Bull wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:54 pm Did anyone notice he's 6'7" and his highlight video has no dunks on it? That means, he's probably not done getting taller, and he has incredible upside if he hits the weights.
I'm not sure how him not having dunks on his highlight reel means he isn't done getting taller. To me it means that maybe he doesn't have the hops, strength or aggression to dunk it. I like how he has some aptitude scoring in the post, his passing ability, and he looks like he can play D. He absolutely needs to bulk up some, but even if he does I am a little worried that he just might be too short to play his style of ball at the next level.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

wyoav211933 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:15 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:54 pm Did anyone notice he's 6'7" and his highlight video has no dunks on it? That means, he's probably not done getting taller, and he has incredible upside if he hits the weights.
I'm not sure how him not having dunks on his highlight reel means he isn't done getting taller. To me it means that maybe he doesn't have the hops, strength or aggression to dunk it. I like how he has some aptitude scoring in the post, his passing ability, and he looks like he can play D. He absolutely needs to bulk up some, but even if he does I am a little worried that he just might be too short to play his style of ball at the next level.
It usually means that he hasn't stopped growing taller. I couldn't put on much muscle until I stopped shooting up from 5'7" to 6'5" in a short period of time. I couldn't dunk until my verticle growth slowed down. It doesn't always mean that he's still growing, but most of the time it does. If you're 6'7" and you don't have any dunks on your highlight real, it isn't because you don't want to. It's because you don't have the muscles in your legs yet. They'll add the muscle to his legs.

It also means that he's probably a late bloomer. I bet he didn't hit his growth spurt until after his sophomore year. That's exactly the type of guy that Linder targets: late bloomers. I didn't hit my growth spurt until between my sophomore and junior years and then I grew 8 inches, from 5'7" to 6'3" in one summer, and then didn't finish until I was 6'5".

I think that's one reason why Linder is great at recognizing and developing talent. He sees the guys that are still growing and takes a chance on them. Athleticism doesn't change. Size and strength does.

I wouldn't be surprised if this kid ends up taller than 6'8". In fact, I'm expecting it.

For a walk-on, this guy is pretty exciting.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

A really high quality walk on. Welcome