It seems like we go on runs with Ike on the floor....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I know its only two games, but so far, our best line-up has Ike in the post.

I dont know the official stats but I would imagine the +/- flips when Graham is on the court. So far, we go on runs with Ike on the floor.

He doesn't get pushed under the rim. He can block shots(although he might not want to tell people to "get that trash out of here" in an empty arena). If you come down the lane he will foul you in a way that doesn't feel good to keep you from getting an easy bucket. He actually owns his space and knows how to box a guy out. He's a Leonard Washington man beast as a freshman.

Offensively, he hits that turn around WITH a hand in his face. He has great touch and soft hands. His athleticism forces people to double him in the post or he will score on almost anyone, forcing people to leave our shooters open. He has the ability to get points with the classic low post entry pass(back to the basket).

Is anyone else as impressed by Ike as I am, because the only big I can remember in Laramie this athletic was Ugo before he blew out his knee.

Yeah, I know its early, but damn this kid looks good.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:51 pm I know its only two games, but so far, our best line-up has Ike in the post.

I dont know the official stats but I would imagine the +/- flips when Graham is on the court. So far, we go on runs with Ike on the floor.

He doesn't get pushed under the rim. He can block shots(although he might not want to tell people to "get that trash out of here" in an empty arena). If you come down the lane he will foul you in a way that doesn't feel good to keep you from getting an easy bucket. He actually owns his space and knows how to box a guy out. He's a Leonard Washington man beast as a freshman.

Offensively, he hits that turn around WITH a hand in his face. He has great touch and soft hands. His athleticism forces people to double him in the post or he will score on almost anyone, forcing people to leave our shooters open. He has the ability to get points with the classic low post entry pass(back to the basket).

Is anyone else as impressed by Ike as I am, because the only big I can remember in Laramie this athletic was Ugo before he blew out his knee.

Yeah, I know its early, but damn this kid looks good.
Agree 100%. I'd say you were crazy if you told me he'd have this much of an impact after not playing for over a year. He's going to be a monster for us for years to come!
Hopefully he can help Nelson get better, too. Eoin is a big body, but he's got a long ways to go as far as basketball skills and IQ.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

And to get a freebie year and not hafta burn a redshirt, priceless