LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

That was forgettable. Hope we show up for game #2
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

I gave up at halftime. I just can't take all the disappointments anymore, after all these years of "Hoping For The Best." I just saw the final score, and it looks like the SDSU coach called off the dogs ... If you can call 30 points calling off the dogs. I really despise coaches who run up the score, and that's one of the reasons I hate bs-state. On the bright side, the announcers were raving about our super freshmen, saying that they'd be All-Conference before long. We can hope. Keep smiling!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

WyoGeezer wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:57 am I gave up at halftime. I just can't take all the disappointments anymore, after all these years of "Hoping For The Best." I just saw the final score, and it looks like the SDSU coach called off the dogs ... If you can call 30 points calling off the dogs. I really despise coaches who run up the score, and that's one of the reasons I hate bs-state. On the bright side, the announcers were raving about our super freshmen, saying that they'd be All-Conference before long. We can hope. Keep smiling!
Actually, they were up more than 30 in the first half. They could have won by 50 if they really wanted to rub our noses in it. Games like this show how far away we are from being competitive with the best teams in the league. We don't have the size or the quickness yet. If Linder can get one more physical big, and the freshmen keep improving, we will be able to go toe to toe against anyone next year. In the meantime, we will have to take some beatings along the way.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:15 am Actually, they were up more than 30 in the first half. They could have won by 50 if they really wanted to rub our noses in it. Games like this show how far away we are from being competitive with the best teams in the league. We don't have the size or the quickness yet. If Linder can get one more physical big, and the freshmen keep improving, we will be able to go toe to toe against anyone next year. In the meantime, we will have to take some beatings along the way.
We need to hit the weights too. They flat out-strengthed us at times too.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

sandiegopoke wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:19 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:15 am Actually, they were up more than 30 in the first half. They could have won by 50 if they really wanted to rub our noses in it. Games like this show how far away we are from being competitive with the best teams in the league. We don't have the size or the quickness yet. If Linder can get one more physical big, and the freshmen keep improving, we will be able to go toe to toe against anyone next year. In the meantime, we will have to take some beatings along the way.
We need to hit the weights too. They flat out-strengthed us at times too.
Agree. Ike is the only one with any muscle on him. We've got to get stronger or we'll never be able to rebound or play defense well as a team. The Cowboys have been weak and skinny since Larry, Josh, DC, Hankerson and Grabau left.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:15 am
WyoGeezer wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:57 am I gave up at halftime. I just can't take all the disappointments anymore, after all these years of "Hoping For The Best." I just saw the final score, and it looks like the SDSU coach called off the dogs ... If you can call 30 points calling off the dogs. I really despise coaches who run up the score, and that's one of the reasons I hate bs-state. On the bright side, the announcers were raving about our super freshmen, saying that they'd be All-Conference before long. We can hope. Keep smiling!
Actually, they were up more than 30 in the first half. They could have won by 50 if they really wanted to rub our noses in it. Games like this show how far away we are from being competitive with the best teams in the league. We don't have the size or the quickness yet. If Linder can get one more physical big, and the freshmen keep improving, we will be able to go toe to toe against anyone next year. In the meantime, we will have to take some beatings along the way.
What doesn't make sense to me, is we swept Nevada who gave SDSU two really good , competetive games. Like, how can a team be sooooo inconsistent?
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:22 pm
What doesn't make sense to me, is we swept Nevada who gave SDSU two really good , competetive games. Like, how can a team be sooooo inconsistent?
If you think about it, we are the perfect recipe for inconsistency.

New head coach, new system, young players, older players who haven't played much with the newcomers, players coming off injury, crazy year that took away the off-season and gave us a screwed up schedule.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:03 am
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:22 pm
If you think about it, we are the perfect recipe for inconsistency.

New head coach, new system, young players, older players who haven't played much with the newcomers, players coming off injury, crazy year that took away the off-season and gave us a screwed up schedule.
In fairness, we ran into a SDSU team that is full of athletes, plays excellent defense and shot lights out. They are the team that’s been really inconsistent and is the last two weeks has turned it around against us and AFA. Our team is young and will take our lumps, but I think we can play with almost anyone on any given night, but SDSU finally is waking up and showing how good they really are, not how bad we are
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

For sure, they were a buzzsaw and it doesn't get any easier with the Sheeeep coming to town this week