Linder is a badass... We r in good hands

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

We needed this experience as a young team. I can see us being a ncaa tournament team in two years. We need to focus on sustaining this coaching staff. His game plan, his ability to change game plans, timeout coaching... He's a lock and we need to make sure we create an environment that he wants to stay for a long term situation.

Unbelievable what we did this year
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Going from 111 points trying to shoot the lights out to slowing the game down like we did, and getting all the guys to buy in and execute, was damn impressive from Linder. Thought we could have called a TO to draw something up on our possession down 1, but I'm not going to question a coach putting the trust in his guys. Linder can manage the X's and O's and he damn sure can recruit. Im convinced this could be the best freshman class in my lifetime
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

It's a shame that no one is graduating this year. It's going to be the same players in the league as this past year. It'll be interesting to see how much we improve. Hopefully a lot
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

It will be interesting to see how much better we are next year. I thought we were the fifth best team in the league this year with a full roster.

Will either of the walk-ons be able to force their way into the line-up?

How big of an impact will the Utah transfer, Brendan Wenzel have? He was skinny out of high school but he's got some muscle on him now. A 6'7" elite outside shooter with the strength to defend the 4 would really help this roster.

Can any of the true freshmen avoid a redshirt? With Covid giving everyone an extra year, it seems like redshirts are in someone's future because our freshmen class has: Williams, Dusell, Oden, Ike, Wenzel, Bowen, and Barnhart. Wenzel already used his redshirt at Utah. Williams, Ike, and Dusell are starters.
I've heard great things about Bowen. Oden looks like he needs 20 pounds of muscle to be a dominant MWC player. Barnhart could definitely use a year in the weight room.

They say players make their biggest leap between freshman and sophomore year. That should really help us next year.

The top 4 in the MWC are legit tourney teams this year. Is it possible we break into that top 4 next year?
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:49 am Going from 111 points trying to shoot the lights out to slowing the game down like we did, and getting all the guys to buy in and execute, was damn impressive from Linder. Thought we could have called a TO to draw something up on our possession down 1, but I'm not going to question a coach putting the trust in his guys. Linder can manage the X's and O's and he damn sure can recruit. Im convinced this could be the best freshman class in my lifetime
Dude is a true leader. The way he pushed and critiqued the guys to improve as opposed to belittled and berated a la Schroyer speaks volumes.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

After yesterday's game I'm thinking the Pokes could have won some of the second games of those double -loss series over the three day period if this was a regular season. Because then there would have been time to think through a strategy for the second game - just like what happened with SDSU. This will happen next year.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Liking the future of the program as well. Team is truly fun to watch
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:14 am It's a shame that no one is graduating this year. It's going to be the same players in the league as this past year. It'll be interesting to see how much we improve. Hopefully a lot
I wouldn't be surprised if Queta leaves to the NBA, could be a late 1st or 2nd round draft pick.