Soon their will be over 1000 basketball transfers in 2021.....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I don't know if this was the intent of the NCAA with their recent rule change, but damn........this is getting out of control.

Luckily we have a staff that can really recruit and is exceptional at identifying talent.

Here's the list.

https://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2021
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

That's a lot of players to sift through. It probably becomes very important for a head coach to retain a good relationship with those high school kids that he recruited, but didn't sign. There's a good chance they'll end up in the portal at some point in their careers
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:19 pm That's a lot of players to sift through. It probably becomes very important for a head coach to retain a good relationship with those high school kids that he recruited, but didn't sign. There's a good chance they'll end up in the portal at some point in their careers
Yep. It has to be extremely important for coaches not to burn any bridges with recruits.

You would think that a transfer fits our roster right now. We need more upperclassmen. We've got enough freshmen. I would like to see us get another post player. Our roster is short on power forwards. I feel pretty good about the Ike/Nelson rotation at center. I'll bet the coaches want a stretch 4 that isn't a defensive liability. No offense to Thompson, but that type of player always gets recruited to a Jeff Linder squad. Thompson needs to develop his body more if he wants to play because right now he doesn't have the strength to defend the post, the lateral quickness, or the verticle leap necessary for MWC basketball.

In Linder interviews he always talks about supply and demand when it comes to recruiting. Everyone got an extra year of eligibility for Covid. There are way more players than there are schollies right now. With the amount of guys there are in the portal, you would have to think we're going to end up with someone pretty damn good.