Cal Fullerton on Monday....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Ike and Maldonado were struggling to finish on their post ups and our guys can't hit threes right now. CSF big man is hitting turnaround fadeaway shots that he normally wouldn't. Wyoming needs to get back to disciplined defense and knocking down open threes.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

The help defense has to be better. Let them shoot jumpshots and threes rather than giving up layups.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Bad teams shoot threes for no reason. CSF doing Wyoming a huge favor on back to back possessions.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

3-0 on the road to start the season...This team is very good defensively.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Good road win!

Gonzaga only up 6 points on Tarleton St. at home with 3 minutes left. Tarleton better this year. Still Gonzaga is on another level. Just goes to show that no matter how good you are you have to show up to play every night or you can get beat.

So the fact we are undefeated and 3-0 on the road is good no matter who we have played. Grand Canyon beat Pepperdine on the road the other night and looks like they are going to beat Loyola Marymount on the road tonight. That should be a really good road win for Wyoming.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

They managed to win even if it wasn't pretty in the second half. Ike really needs to work on passing out of double teams. The other four guys on the court need to work on finding open space to give Ike lanes to pass.

The Arizona game is going to be interesting since this team has lived by the Ike and Maldonado post ups. Arizona is too big, athletic, and talented for Wyoming to have the advantage in those post ups.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

DVDA wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:56 pm They managed to win even if it wasn't pretty in the second half. Ike really needs to work on passing out of double teams. The other four guys on the court need to work on finding open space to give Ike lanes to pass.

The Arizona game is going to be interesting since this team has lived by the Ike and Maldonado post ups. Arizona is too big, athletic, and talented for Wyoming to have the advantage in those post ups.
That is the one game I figured we lose. Arizona is tough this year. Looks like they are ranked 11th now and will be top 10 when we play them. If the game were in Laramie we would have a shot I think but on their home court I don’t think we do. If we keep it within 10 down there I’ll be happy.

Think we can make the Championship game in the Christmas tournament though. Although Liberty is decent and Northern Iowa just upset Saint Bonnie yesterday who was ranked 16th. Will be an interesting tournament.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

That GCU win is looking better and better. GCU goes to 6-1 after back to back road wins against Pepperdine (NET 94) and LMU (NET 95).

Good win by the Pokes tonight. Game was never really in question. Next two games should be warm ups for the big game @Arizona. I have no delusions of us winning that game, but stranger things have happened when Wyoming teams have found a way to click on a particular night.......
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Great win, pokes!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 43 times

Forgot it was on, looked like a good win, hope to see em on Thurs, can't wait.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

We're up to 114th in KenPom. That number is going to rise regardless of the result against Arizona and we have a chance to get three good opponents in the tournament in Hawaii with Stanford(possible Northern Iowa and BYU). The league is pretty strong this year as well. I know it's early, but we're climbing the rankings....
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

DVDA
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:07 pm
DVDA wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:56 pm They managed to win even if it wasn't pretty in the second half. Ike really needs to work on passing out of double teams. The other four guys on the court need to work on finding open space to give Ike lanes to pass.

That is the one game I figured we lose. Arizona is tough this year. Looks like they are ranked 11th now and will be top 10 when we play them. If the game were in Laramie we would have a shot I think but on their home court I don’t think we do. If we keep it within 10 down there I’ll be happy.

Think we can make the Championship game in the Christmas tournament though. Although Liberty is decent and Northern Iowa just upset Saint Bonnie yesterday who was ranked 16th. Will be an interesting tournament.
I'm excited to see Ike go against future NBA bigs that are legit 6'11" and above. It will be a great measuring stick game for him like facing Queta was last year. I expect a loss but you never know what you can accomplish with good defense and a good shooting night. It will be a great experience for the team to play in a hostile environment. I anticipate losing by 15-20 or possibly more.

Wyoming landed on the right side of the bracket to make a run in Hawaii. Stanford looks like a pretty good team which will be a major challenge. Liberty/Northern Iowa second will be another challenge but getting to the championship game should be the expectation for Linder and these kids.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Some quotes from the Cal State Fullerton board from some people who seemed to be at the game last night. Some interesting comments. Hope our boys get lots of love and people show up at the Double A to cheer them on. They deserve it.

“Harris gave us a boost. It got interesting for awhile. Wyoming has crazy length and would probably win the Big West. Onward.”

“We simply had no answer for Wyoming's Graham Ike. He ended up with 17 points and 9 boards, but he could have dropped 40 on us if Wyoming chose to focus on him. He looked like an NBA player against our posts. I remarked to Breaking Titan that E.J. seemed to be getting shorter and shorter as the game went along.

With that said, I thought we played pretty respectably. Wyoming was simply a better team. Perhaps they'll be the best team that we'll face all season.”

“ Wyoming was impressive. MUCH bigger at every position that Titan Tech. I DID like the Titans when they picked up the tempo, with so many similar players, I don't know why CDT wouldn't amp up the pace for the entire game. And yes, Ike could've/should've scored 40+, truly a man amongst boys.”

“ Agree, Ike was the man for Wyoming. I don't think we will face a better big man but I did think Anosike more than held his own on both offense and defense. In fact, it could be argued Anosike outplayed Ike: More efficient, more points, fewer turnovers but out-rebounded in 6 less minutes. I would never have taken Anosike out if Ike was still in the game. If I'm making the decisions, Anosike plays 40. Why complicate things?

Titans gave a good run but the turning point was when the Titans were on a scoring run, playing good defense, clearly had the momentum, and just made a basket to cut the lead to FOUR with 10 minutes left but then a timeout was called. What a great TO by the Wyoming head coach”