McNeese State stole our logo, let's kick their asses Saturday.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Trying to steal Steamboat and place it underneath the Michigan "M" is an unforgivable offense. They deserve a beat down.
Last edited by Old-Bull on Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

We sued them in 2001 and got them to change to what they have today. Here's a link to their logo history if anyone is interested.

https://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_ ... e_cowboys/
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Good link to their logos. I knew we had lawyered up and took Steamboat back. The balls on those guys to steal Steamboat and the Michigan M and combine them into one logo still amazes me.

They ran with Steamboat from 1990 to the early 2000's.

We still owe them a beat down for that.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

A better reason for a beat down is to show their AD what a well coached team looks like!

When I lived in Houston I wore my Brown and Gold to work on Fridays. Encountered some McNeese alumni who were still sore that Wyoming sued them over the logo! :lol:
CitizenCane
Buckaroo

Just a little more history: The last meeting between these two teams was Pearl Harbor Day, 1989. Wyoming won 76-50 and McNeese had a new logo the next year. Coincidence? I think not.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

2 fouls on Bacon in under 4 minutes. That is going to affect the game for Mcneese.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Hopefully we find some offense in the second half. We can't make a single three, and we've missed almost every single free throw. Ugly half
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

McNeese plays a real physical game, not caring about fouls, and as long as Wyo keeps sucking at the free throw line, it's a pretty good strategy. It sure has taken Wyo out of their rhythm.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Maldonado being the only half decent ball handler on the entire roster is really hurting against the on-ball pressure and physicality of Mcneese.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

At least our guys are getting some experience without Ike. We need to learn to win without him.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Ike needs to learn to pass a lot better out of the post. He also needs to learn not to force it up everytime.

He tries to shoot it every time downlow instead of passing it back out and reposting his man. It is costing us possessions.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cowpoke99
Buckaroo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Why can't we see the Big Shamrock?? Surely he can play better d than Thompson
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:20 pm Ike needs to learn to pass a lot better out of the post. He also needs to learn not to force it up everytime.

He tries to shoot it every time downlow instead of passing it back out and reposting his man. It is costing us possessions.
I like Ike taking it to his left, every time low post. When out higher, he does kick out.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Well Heath, I guess the McNeese Cowboys bought into your system
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Pokes plus 16 on the boards.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Mcneese bailed Wyoming out by being a dumb team that takes bad shots. I would argue Wyoming won by 20 because Mcneese was bad in the second half rather than Wyoming being good. The first few minutes of the second half were great though. Linder makes great adjustments throughout games.

The good news is Linder saw some glaring weaknesses with this team today. Arizona is going to be an ugly loss if everyone stands around the perimeter watching Ike try to shoot over a 7'1" guy that is a significantly better athlete than Bacon. I'm excited to see how this team measures up because they generally play good defense and winning basketball which could make it into a competitive game. I still expect to lose by 15 especially if today's team shows up at Arizona.

Noah Reynolds looked good in his minutes. The kid has some ball handling skills that this team needs. Using him instead of Dut was a great call from the coaching staff.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

A win’s a win. We didn’t play well, but still won by 20. It’s nice!

I think things are getting stale on offense. Having maldo and Ike take turns in the post is not the always best. We were best when we moved the ball and got open looks. Both Ike and maldo need to realize when they are not likely to score in the post and pass the ball.

Agree that Reynolds needs to play more. I thought Wenzel had a nice game. Dut looks overmatched and slow
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:57 pm Well Heath, I guess the McNeese Cowboys bought into your system
This comment deserves an award
W-Y, Until I Die!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:28 pm
ZapPoke wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:57 pm Well Heath, I guess the McNeese Cowboys bought into your system
This comment deserves an award
I can’t believe they made that idiot AD.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

johnywyo wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:56 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:20 pm Ike needs to learn to pass a lot better out of the post. He also needs to learn not to force it up everytime.

I like Ike taking it to his left, every time low post. When out higher, he does kick out.
He forces it too much and loses possessions. He needs to learn how to pass it when the shot isn’t there. He has missed many shots by trying to force something not there. He will be a much better player when he does that.

If he tries that against Arizona he will get his lunch eaten.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….