Ike is one and done (minus COVID)

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
springs_poke
Buckaroo

With the new transfer rules, it's kind of a given. Either that, or Linder rides him to a power 5 job. We need lightning in a bottle this year!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

springs_poke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:08 pm With the new transfer rules, it's kind of a given. Either that, or Linder rides him to a power 5 job. We need lightning in a bottle this year!
Troll Alert!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Lol, not always....enjoy the ride
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 119 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:41 am
springs_poke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:08 pm With the new transfer rules, it's kind of a given. Either that, or Linder rides him to a power 5 job. We need lightning in a bottle this year!
Troll Alert!
Ya, give me a f-word break. Basketball is not Football. Linder is not Bohl. :willybs:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
springs_poke
Buckaroo

I hope you guys are right. Love watching that kid! Ike is at least from Colorado, so that's a plus. If he was from Texas, he would be gone, like many on the football and even basketball side.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Man...I really hope we aren't in a world where every high performing underclassman transfers.... But it sure seems like we are.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

307bball wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:59 pm Man...I really hope we aren't in a world where every high performing underclassman transfers.... But it sure seems like we are.
Linder knows how to recruit, develop and coach. My thoughts are kids are going to want to play for this guy. Ike, Dussel, Oden, Wenzel are a nice group to ride into the next few years. Get a point guard and we are a dangerous team.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

I don’t care how great Linder is, if the Arizona coaching staff called Ike after their game and offered him a chance at final fours, hot babes, nice weather and possibly money, he’s gone. Maybe just maybe they stay to showcase and stand out. I doubt it
W-Y, Until I Die!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:50 am I don’t care how great Linder is, if the Arizona coaching staff called Ike after their game and offered him a chance at final fours, hot babes, nice weather and possibly money, he’s gone. Maybe just maybe they stay to showcase and stand out. I doubt it
Hot babes in Tucson!? I think you spelled Tempe wrong.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times

phxpoke wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:28 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:50 am I don’t care how great Linder is, if the Arizona coaching staff called Ike after their game and offered him a chance at final fours, hot babes, nice weather and possibly money, he’s gone. Maybe just maybe they stay to showcase and stand out. I doubt it
I have to agree with you, phxpoke. "amateur" adult tv sites and GWG does a lot of business in Tempe. Tucson is a ghost town in that regard.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:31 pm
I have to agree with you, phxpoke. "amateur" adult tv sites and GWG does a lot of business in Tempe. Tucson is a ghost town in that regard.
I’m fairly certain the U of A makes Wyoming look like a monastery. Besides I doubt they winter as well as the Wyoming girls.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:13 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:31 pm
I’m fairly certain the U of A makes Wyoming look like a monastery. Besides I doubt they winter as well as the Wyoming girls.
LOL Not surprised on U. of Arizona. But, Arizona State is a whole other universe. Wouldn't shock me if a good % of the girls going to ASU work as strippers to pay for their education.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

Good thing you're not in charge of recruiting seeing how much you love Wyoming. :roll:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:23 am
Good thing you're not in charge of recruiting seeing how much you love Wyoming. :roll:
Loving or not loving Wyoming doesn't have anything to do with acknowledging that most people prefer things that some places (like Laramie/UW) don't offer. Doesn't mean we don't love UW, just that we can acknowledge areas where improvement is needed to make it more attractive to others.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:51 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:23 am
Loving or not loving Wyoming doesn't have anything to do with acknowledging that most people prefer things that some places (like Laramie/UW) don't offer. Doesn't mean we don't love UW, just that we can acknowledge areas where improvement is needed to make it more attractive to others.
Look, we are doing everything we can to help Global Warming along.

*checks current weather in Laramie…-8 wind chill*

Hmm.. might need to burn more coal.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Who knows, Ike might love the team, coach and UW enough to stay. I enjoyed my time. But if you’re a guy that likes your women with fewer lbs, more exposed skin, more sunshine and all things equal basketball, you might be inclined to make a switch.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

This thread is just dumb. Not everyone is going to leave like football. Some of them realize that the place they're in is good enough for achieving their goals.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:28 pm This thread is just dumb. Not everyone is going to leave like football. Some of them realize that the place they're in is good enough for achieving their goals.
Totally agree with this.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
springs_poke
Buckaroo

So the thing about basketball, is players can go pro after one year anyway (I think that is still the rule). So honestly, if you want to go big, go pro. Otherwise work on your game another year. I think Ike could potentially go pro after this year.

So in a way, the thought that he could go pro may deter him from going Power 5. Why go to Duke if you can go to the NBA? And if you aren't quite NBA ready, hopefully our coaches are good enough to get him there. I think they are.
Last edited by springs_poke on Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

springs_poke wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:13 pm So the thing about basketball, is players can go pro after one year anyway (I think that is still the rule). So honestly, if you want to go big, go pro. Otherwise work on your game another year. I think Ike could potentially go pro after this year.
No way. He is good but he definitely needs work on his game. If he goes pro after this year he will be out of the NBA very fast.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….