Is anyone else paying attention to our conference mates recruiting?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Boise reloaded. They have 2 top 100 guys in their recruiting class. UNLV loaded. They got a bunch of transfers from power 5 conferences. SDSU has a great looking class coming in. USU got a good looking center to transfer to Logan.

To me, it looks like CSU might have slipped a little bit. They replaced Dijon Thomas and Kendal Moore with a couple of freshmen. I like Tavi Jackson, but it's not like their recruits are physically developed. They're freshmen. If Roddy comes back, they'll be fine, but they got younger when Wyoming and UNLV got older.

The top of the league is going to be stacked again, regardless of what Akot, Armus, Roddy, and Maldonado do. If Wyoming wants to cut down nets next year, we're going to have to do it in one of the strongest MWC basketball seasons in history.

Our team needs to get here as soon as possible and start getting reps. The league is going to be a monster next year.
Last edited by Old-Bull on Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

And its all great, the more the merrier to make the MWC the best possible...i hate the FS1 coverage tho, CBS Sports is fairly ok, but its like they bring their new hires to Laramie with FS1.....i think we and the conference is right where we want it!!! Can't wait til November really.....
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

This is the second time you’ve posted about UNLV. They lost everything and replaced it with something. I’d be surprised if they were better.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:35 pm This is the second time you’ve posted about UNLV. They lost everything and replaced it with something. I’d be surprised if they were better.
Unlv didn't lose a lot. They still have a scholarship or 2 and some good big man transfers that they're targeting. They've already added 4 really solid guys.

To me, it looks like they're going to be in that top tier next season.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Old-Bull wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:55 am
laxwyo wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:35 pm This is the second time you’ve posted about UNLV. They lost everything and replaced it with something. I’d be surprised if they were better.
Unlv didn't lose a lot. They still have a scholarship or 2 and some good big man transfers that they're targeting. They've already added 4 really solid guys.

Bryce is done? 4 of their top 5 scorers were seniors, how many are coming back for Covid year ? Sometimes when your team isn’t good, not having guys return can be a good thing.
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:36 pm "Sometimes when your team isn’t good, not having guys return can be a good thing."

- Craig Bohl
LOL - I kid, I kid. Kind of.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Bryce Hamilton was their whole team
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:27 pm Boise reloaded. They have 2 top 100 guys in their recruiting class. UNLV loaded. They got a bunch of transfers from power 5 conferences. SDSU has a great looking class coming in. USU got a good looking center to transfer to Logan.

To me, it looks like CSU might have slipped a little bit. They replaced Dijon Thomas and Kendal Moore with a couple of freshmen. I like Tavi Jackson, but it's not like their recruits are physically developed. They're freshmen. If Roddy comes back, they'll be fine, but they got younger when Wyoming and UNLV got older.

The top of the league is going to be stacked again, regardless of what Akot, Armus, Roddy, and Maldonado do. If Wyoming wants to cut down nets next year, we're going to have to do it in one of the strongest MWC basketball seasons in history.

Our team needs to get here as soon as possible and start getting reps. The league is going to be a monster next year.
Who are the top 100s Boise brought in? I guess I should learn their names
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:36 pm

Bryce is done? 4 of their top 5 scorers were seniors, how many are coming back for Covid year ? Sometimes when your team isn’t good, not having guys return can be a good thing.
Since I posted this thread, UNLV has lost 2 more guys to the transfer portal. I guess the returning guards didn't see playing time with the new transfers coming in. They have 3 scholarships to fill in Vegas.

Keep on eye on them though. Kruger has been bringing in some studs. We'll see what he does with the last 3 schollies.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:38 am
laxwyo wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:36 pm "Sometimes when your team isn’t good, not having guys return can be a good thing."

- Craig Bohl
LOL - I kid, I kid. Kind of.
I dig it. It’s a true quote. I feel like we upgraded on the bb court with who we got versus who left sans Jeffries
W-Y, Until I Die!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

The Lobos just signed big man Morris Udeze from Wichita State. He's 6'8", 245, and has a 7 foot wingspan. He looks like a great get for the Lobos. The Lobos addressed their biggest weakness with Morris.

We signed Ethan for a lot of reasons. One of them is because we couldn't keep guys like House out of the paint. UNM signed Udeze, which seems like a guy that might be able to match up one on one with Graham Ike.

It's great news for the league when the Lobos are good. They actually win games in the dance unlike the clowns in Boise and the guys at SDSU that haven't won an NCAA tournament game in 5 years.

Nevada has had a couple of good signings as well. That doesn't worry me that much because Alford is a great recruiter and a really bad basketball coach.
wyo 1
Ranch Hand

I don’t think UNM has ever been to a sweet sixteen.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

wyo 1 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:08 am I don’t think UNM has ever been to a sweet sixteen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mexic ... tournament

They actually been to the Sweet 16 twice. Last time was in 1974.

But back then there weren't 68 teams in the tournament so....
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyo 1
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:20 pm
wyo 1 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:08 am I don’t think UNM has ever been to a sweet sixteen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mexic ... tournament

They actually been to the Sweet 16 twice. Last time was in 1974.

But back then there weren't 68 teams in the tournament so....
Thanks, I didn’t know that.