Scheduled Non Conference games

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Ok seriously, this is nuts we don't have a schedule yet. The women's just came out. I'm getting extremely impatient here.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

aranderson wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:23 am Ok seriously, this is nuts we don't have a schedule yet. The women's just came out. I'm getting extremely impatient here.
I agree it's hard to be patient on this. Since we're probably the most difficult school in the country to schedule decent home opponents, I think they need to take as much time as possible to get the schedule right.

Hopefully it drops soon and we find out we have a couple more Net 1, Net 2 opponents in our ooc.
Z-money
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:32 am wow, two really good games. Linder has this thing rolling basketball wise, recruiting wise and now scheduling wise.

I would think we'll schedule another high-profile road game like the Arizona game last year.
Not to be a hater, but I’d rather we not lose by 40 again. That game pretty much crushed my dreams
Last edited by Z-money on Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wyoming will take on Dayton December 17 in the Legends of Basketball showcase in Chicago at the United Center. North Carolina State will play Vanderbilt following the Wyoming game. This might be an event that I attend because of the ease of the Denver to Chicago flight and the ability to see Wyoming in the United Center.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ ... YMU6TA25M/
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

aranderson wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:23 am Ok seriously, this is nuts we don't have a schedule yet. The women's just came out. I'm getting extremely impatient here.
Seriously. WTF is happening here? This is WAY too late to not have a schedule.
aranderson
Cowpoke

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:24 am
Seriously. WTF is happening here? This is WAY too late to not have a schedule.
All I gotta say is that the schedule had better not disappoint. We better have enough games to pad the stats, but we dang sure better have games on top of the aforementioned games that put us in a good position per Net rankings and RPI.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Loving what I'm hearing and can't wait for games at the AA maybe others will get the fever too
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Still waiting for that non conference schedule to be announced. How close to the season will they push it till announcing?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

WyomingAgJ wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:39 pm Still waiting for that non conference schedule to be announced. How close to the season will they push it till announcing?
No joke. It’s getting ridiculous
aranderson
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:53 pm
WyomingAgJ wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:39 pm Still waiting for that non conference schedule to be announced. How close to the season will they push it till announcing?
I don't know when they start selling season tickets and stuff like that, but wouldn't you think they would try to give notice so people can make plans to go watch what should be an amazing team. You wait too long and people can't make it because of work, travel, expenses, and so on. They better get their collective poop in a group.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

aranderson wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:53 am
I don't know when they start selling season tickets and stuff like that, but wouldn't you think they would try to give notice so people can make plans to go watch what should be an amazing team. You wait too long and people can't make it because of work, travel, expenses, and so on. They better get their collective poop in a group.
Exactly. How is a person supposed to plan for games when they don't even know when the heck they are
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:34 am
Exactly. How is a person supposed to plan for games when they don't even know when the heck they are
If it helps, most of the dates can be found here: https://d1docket.blogspot.com/p/2022-23 ... ckets.html

Looks like non-conference home games that are known are:

11/10 - Nicholls
11/13 - SE Louisiana
12/3 - Grand Canyon
12/6 - TAMU - Commerce
12/10 - Louisiana Tech

Pokes also have (6) known neutral games (Dayton, St. Mary's, Santa Clara, and then 3 in the Virgin Islands)

I expect at least one more home game, either on 11/7 (opening night) or in between 11/21 and 11/30. I have no idea on the final game if it will be another home or a road.
aranderson
Cowpoke

NowherePoke wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:21 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:34 am
If it helps, most of the dates can be found here: https://d1docket.blogspot.com/p/2022-23 ... ckets.html

Looks like non-conference home games that are known are:

11/10 - Nicholls
11/13 - SE Louisiana
12/3 - Grand Canyon
12/6 - TAMU - Commerce
12/10 - Louisiana Tech

Pokes also have (6) known neutral games (Dayton, St. Mary's, Santa Clara, and then 3 in the Virgin Islands)

I expect at least one more home game, either on 11/7 (opening night) or in between 11/21 and 11/30. I have no idea on the final game if it will be another home or a road.
Well done. Something we can all gear up for. It's a good schedule for sure. Hopefully we get a decent to premier home game.