Greece

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Last edited by Old-Bull on Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Last edited by Old-Bull on Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Last edited by Old-Bull on Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:08 pm
If Brendan made SEVEN threes I bet we won
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:05 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:11 pm Anyone have video to the last game?
I'm pretty sure there's no stream for this one, but Linder is posting some highlights on Twitter....

Oh my gosh!!!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

If you watch this to the end you'll find out from the X-man that we did finish the Greece trip 3-0....

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

A few highlights from our final game....

Z-money
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

CowGalxoHoops wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:37 pm Here is the summary:

It looks like the only two guys that look to put on muscle and strength so far this offseason are Dusell and Ike.

Hunter was a turnover machine. If we were playing Indiana again 10+ to's in this game. Maybe he had 10 in this game!

Do we ever need a PG. No idea where Ethan Anderson is on a life changing trip to Greece. Is he there? I haven't followed social media much so am out of the loop. :( Please tell me he hasn't left town. Out PG situation is bad. We desperately need Ethan. I hoped to see Oden put on 5-10 pounds of muscle. Nope. Agbonkpolo needs strength. How can Ike and X look so much better physically yet everyone else looks like they went fishing all summer?

Old Bull this doesn't look good.

Please tell me I am panicking. :)

I don’t know why exactly Ethan didn’t come but throughout the trip he was in Laramie working out with coach Marc Rodgers and an NBA player (I believe from the Trailblazers, though I can’t remember who it was) in the AA. Posted multiple times by both of them. My guess is that he was offered the opportunity for some one-on-one work/training along with an NBA player and took that opportunity.
Z-money
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

Old-Bull wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:11 pm The first thing that jumped out to me was our depth. We we're missing Ethan Anderson, Kyman, Powell, Foster, and Barnhart and still had an 8 man rotation. Seats 11-13 on our bench actually have the ability to push the guys ahead of them and try to break into the rotation.

I wouldn't worry too much about Ethan Anderson. He could be Covid positive and had to go home. He might have violated a team rule. It could be anything. If he was off the team, we would already know about it.

Keep these games in perspective. They aren't even pre-season games. They're bonus international games that allow us to play games in the summer. These are just a chance for the coaches to get a look at our new roster. They mean absolutely nothing. The trip itself is the real bonus because it allows our new guys to fit in with the guys we already have here. This is more about bonding then it is about basketball. Having said that, I'm hoping we'll see Barnhart, Kyman, Powell, and Kenny Foster get some minutes.

I thought we looked really long at times and that's without Powell, Barnhart, and Kyman. We had Ike on the floor with Oden, and Akbonkpolo. That's a luxury to have a guy that can guard the 2 or the 3 that's 6'8". I thought Max looked great on defense and makes up for the loss of Jeffries on the boards. Max had about 5 offensive rebounds, so he could be a weapon at tracking down extra possessions. I think we're going to hammer teams that are small this season. We've got a lot of long, strong dudes on our roster.

I like the hustle I saw by Wenzel on defense. He still gets caught in the wrong position sometimes, but his help defense looked great: cleaning up messes at the rack. His growth has been impressive. If he can continue improving his defense by November, he's going to be damn hard to keep off the floor.

I have a feeling that Hunter Thompson might shut up some haters this year. We have the roster to finally allow Hunter to play his best roll with this team.

It's not going to look much different without Ethan at the point. Reynolds will still play limited minutes there but Maldonado is too good at passing/backing guys down to see that come to an end. He's still going to get a lot of minutes at the point. Our questions will remain unanswered until we see Ethan on the rock. Will Hunter go to SF with Ethan at the point? How much will we see Hunter at the point this year? Will Reynolds be more of a point or a 2, because his ability to knock down shots guarantees he'll see the floor?

I really want to see Kyman, Anderson, and Powell. Hopefully they get to play during the next few games.
Hey Old Bull,

I responded to another post, but it looked like Ethan was working in Laramie with Coach Marc Rodgers and an NBA player from the Blazers. Maybe he chose that opportunity instead, but I’m definitely not worried that he’s kicked off the team or anything like that.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Z-money wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:14 pm
CowGalxoHoops wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:37 pm Here is the summary:

It looks like the only two guys that look to put on muscle and strength so far this offseason are Dusell and Ike.

Hunter was a turnover machine. If we were playing Indiana again 10+ to's in this game. Maybe he had 10 in this game!

Do we ever need a PG. No idea where Ethan Anderson is on a life changing trip to Greece. Is he there? I haven't followed social media much so am out of the loop. :( Please tell me he hasn't left town. Out PG situation is bad. We desperately need Ethan. I hoped to see Oden put on 5-10 pounds of muscle. Nope. Agbonkpolo needs strength. How can Ike and X look so much better physically yet everyone else looks like they went fishing all summer?

Old Bull this doesn't look good.

Please tell me I am panicking. :)

I don’t know why exactly Ethan didn’t come but throughout the trip he was in Laramie working out with coach Marc Rodgers and an NBA player (I believe from the Trailblazers, though I can’t remember who it was) in the AA. Posted multiple times by both of them. My guess is that he was offered the opportunity for some one-on-one work/training along with an NBA player and took that opportunity.
Thanks for the update. It's good to hear that he's at 7220 putting in work. I think the player might have been CJ Elleby.

Speaking of Trail Blazers, Graham is off to join Formula Zero, a Damian Lillard production.