The full schedule is out...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Am I mistaken that there is not a true road game in the non conference?! If so the fans had better make it worth it to have all those home games.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

aranderson wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:34 am Am I mistaken that there is not a true road game in the non conference?! If so the fans had better make it worth it to have all those home games.
I think you're right. It's either home or neutral throughout the ooc schedule. I'm fine with that.

I didn't know we are playing Santa Clara in Salt Lake City. They had a net rating of 70 last year.

That's a pretty solid schedule with several potential net 1/net 2 games in the ooc.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

'Bout time
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Pretty good schedule
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:00 pm Pretty good schedule
All those neutral court games against good opponents should prepare us for the post-season, although I don't consider Vegas at the tournament a neutral court. That's a home game against everyone except possibly a very good UNLV team or New Mexico.

If we get in the dance and can play in Denver for the first 2 rounds: look out.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Of the scheduled out of conference game, 6 of the teams appear in Lunardi's pre-season NCAA tourney bracket projection: https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story ... -men-field

I'd venture to guess that we've never had a pre-season schedule this strong before (at least none that I can recall).
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Did anyone else read the article about the schedule in the Casper Star? I guess our coaches called every P5 school in the country and offered to play in their building, not the Dome of Doom, and ALL of them said no.

We'll see them in the dance I guess.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Old-Bull wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:20 pm Did anyone else read the article about the schedule in the Casper Star? I guess our coaches called every P5 school in the country and offered to play in their building, not the Dome of Doom, and ALL of them said no.

I read that. That's chicken ____ stuff, honestly. We are not going to be a drag on anyone's metrics this year, so they are just scared of losing.

Anyway, I bought my season tix today. Can't wait for the season to begin
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Old-Bull wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:20 pm Did anyone else read the article about the schedule in the Casper Star? I guess our coaches called every P5 school in the country and offered to play in their building, not the Dome of Doom, and ALL of them said no.

I didn't read that, and I find it kind of hard to believe that area programs wouldn't entertain a game with us (AT THIER PLACE). Thinking any team with a pulse within Colorado, Utard, Montana, South Dakota would love to have WYO come in and help sell tickets for them to make some $$$$$.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

You hate to hear that the coaches are having such a hard time finding anyone with the necessary sack to actually play us IN THEIR BUILDING. However, it's kind of encouraging to find out that every single P5 school in the country said, "Nope, we don't need or want any of that."

There's a reason why everyone is scared. They should be scared. The Cowboys are coming.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

SDSU has the t.v. schedule but I haven't seen it yet. Coming soon, I guess....You can hear them whining about the altitude all the way from San Diego.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sp ... dley-wrist
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Old-Bull wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:52 pm SDSU has the t.v. schedule but I haven't seen it yet. Coming soon, I guess....You can hear them whining about the altitude all the way from San Diego.

Wow. What a crybaby. Stay at elevation between your AFA and CSewe games you dumb ass. :roll:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:10 am
Old-Bull wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:52 pm SDSU has the t.v. schedule but I haven't seen it yet. Coming soon, I guess....You can hear them whining about the altitude all the way from San Diego.

Wow. What a crybaby. Stay at elevation between your AFA and CSewe games you dumb A$$. :roll:
Yep. He's already making excuses for why his "best team in SDSU history" takes a bad loss at altitude, doesn't win any titles again this year as prohibited favorites, and then goes on to crash out of the NCAA tournament in the first round for the fifth season in a row to extend his record in the NCAA tournament to 0-5.

Pussy.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Anyone thinking of going to Chicago for the Dayton game? Week before Christmas so maybe not a great time for most. Looks like you can get tickets to both Wyoming-Dayton and Vandy-NC State for $50-$100 depending.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

The t.v. schedule made the following changes to the schedule listed above....

1. UNLV at home changed from Tuesday the 7th to Wednesday the 8th.
2. AFA at home changed from Saturday the 18th to Friday the 17th.
3. @ CSU changed from Saturday the 25th to Friday the 24th.
4. Nevada at home changed from Tuesday the 28th to Monday the 27th.

The Nevada change gave us an extra day to prepare for a road game at SDSU to finish the season. It kind of sucks @ CSU changed from a Saturday to a Friday, but it's probably going to be pretty difficult for Wyoming fans to get tickets to that anyway.

This still looks like the best schedule we've had in years.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Damn, I didn't realize the Cowboys are going to be on CBS(not CBSSN) against SDSU. That's big time.

https://gowyo.com/news/2022/10/6/mens-b ... edule.aspx
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Upon further review, our three neutral site games against our most difficult non-conference opponents are all TBD(not on t.v. unless someone picks them up).

I sure as hell hope I can watch us play Santa Clara, Saint Mary's, and Dayton.

Saint Mary's is part of the Jerry Colangelo Classic which was broadcast on Flohoops last year.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

All games will basically be available by broadcast other than neutral site games.

National CBS coming to Laramie on January 7!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:54 pm All games will basically be available by broadcast other than neutral site games.

National CBS coming to Laramie on January 7!!!
When students are gone, of course