Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

They were 21pt dogs. Jeez
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I couldn’t make or watch this one. Wtf just happened. Three home games in a week against opponents like this is a recipe for disaster. I gather poor attendance and poor energy. I loathe Sunday games and I blame scheduling
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

PATHETIC. This team should NOT lose at 7220 with this depth, i know we can't make every shot, BUT you hafta find a way to get it done...Maldo hasta wanna be a leader, and play damn defense. This tourney in the Virgin Islands albeit not alot of quality opponents still get it done!!!! Find a way rebound from here and NO MORE losses at 7220!! Hope something gels and soon!! Yes i think they've been reading all their pre season hype, time for results and find those that wanna get it done... The sky is not falling but the season starts again from here forward, bad loss at 7220
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

There goes any at large chances more than likely
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Everything about that was completely pathetic. The crowd, the students, the players.

I hope someone impresses upon them how severe of a f-word up that was.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
CowGalxoHoops
Buckaroo

I was wrong about our team this year. Most of you guys were smart enough not to buy into my excitement and lofty dreams. It turned out to be irrational exuberance on my part like playing in Denver in the tourney and on and on and on... I know there is this very small group of us here that follow Wyoming hoops a little more seriously than the few locals that showed up today for the game. Even though I haven't connected to many here on the board to chat hoops I still enjoyed the experience reading posts here when they showed up once in a while.
If your dreams don't scare you they aren't BIG enough - GO POKES!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

CowGalxoHoops wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:24 pm I was wrong about our team this year. Most of you guys were smart enough not to buy into my excitement and lofty dreams. It turned out to be irrational exuberance on my part like playing in Denver in the tourney and on and on and on... I know there is this very small group of us here that follow Wyoming hoops a little more seriously than the few locals that showed up today for the game. Even though I haven't connected to many here on the board to chat hoops I still enjoyed the experience reading posts here when they showed up once in a while.
Yes - I think some of your elite 8 NCAA tourney talk was overzealous, but I don’t think you should jump completely off the bandwagon. I personally believe this team is as talented overall as Wyoming has had in quite some time…the problem is that they really struggle to gel together given the uncertain rotations and loss of Ike and the lack of an offensive philosophy in the early going. We can’t just rely on jacking 3s as an offense.

Some of my personal non-expert thoughts after today’s game:
1) Hunter Thompson is a liability on the offensive end. Watching him sit and jack 3s all game is not a winning formula. It drives me crazy. What are we doing.
2) Oden needs more minutes. We need his athleticism on the floor.
3) Feed Maldo in the post early on to get him going and to open up the deep shots. Maldo is an expert in getting the opponent into foul trouble. Let’s use it.
4) I’d go with this starting lineup for most opponents: Anderson, Maldo, Oden, Max and Wenzel. Let’s put an athletic lineup out there and create matchup problems.
5) How are we so bad at free throws? Let’s figure it out.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

From what I can tell, our offense is running around like chickens with our heads cut off and jack a three pointer and usually miss it. Not something I expected from a Linder-coached team.
Plainsman87
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

My 2 cents worth. There have been some Wyoming reams recently that jacked up threes. I didn’t think that was the case today. I thought we took good shots, in rhythm, inside-out and squared up. They just didn’t fall. We also had a ton of good looks inside of the arc that didn’t fall. Meanwhile they hit tough shot after tough shot.

I think the staff is trying to figure out the rotation and chemistry isn’t there yet. I’m not panicking, and they won’t either. Looking forward to seeing these guys click. Still going to be a great ride.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Anybody else watch this on ATT Sports? Got down to the final minutes and suddenly I am watching a damn poker tournament! Bastards switched to the poker show at exactly 4:00 so I was scrambling to bring up the game on my phone to finish.
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

ZapPoke wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:47 am Anybody else watch this on ATT Sports? Got down to the final minutes and suddenly I am watching a damn poker tournament! Bastards switched to the poker show at exactly 4:00 so I was scrambling to bring up the game on my phone to finish.
I didn't have that problem. I did switch though to 684 from 683 because 683 had picture issues.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:45 pm There goes any at large chances more than likely
Nah. It was 1 game.

Not gonna win many games (if any) when you shoot 31.3 from the field and 31.0 from the 3, while your opponent hits 48.2 and 47.8 respectively. Nobody would.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

My observation was that the Pokes thought that this team would be a pushover and didn't really get into the game except at the end.

Now look at the U. of Colorado. They got whipped By Grambling State, probably entering the game with the same attitude the Pokes had. So what did the Colorado coach do? He started the next game against #11 Tennessee with four previous non-starters. Result? They beat Tennessee.

Linder needs to kick some ass.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

That's not as bad of a loss as it looks. That team can shoot. They're going to win a lot of games this year.

We were all hopeful we could make it through Ike's injury without incident. That's not very realistic. He's one of the top 30 basketball players in the game.

Having said that, this one was really disappointing to me. I was disappointed because of the defense our team played. We knew this team could shoot coming into the game. We should have been more prepared. That's on the staff and the players. The crowd was the weakest I've seen since Edwards was here. I've given the student section credit for their improvement, but that was just embarrassing. They were a no show. So was the majority of the Wyoming fan base. I realized we were probably going to lose when I noticed that most of the fans weren't into the game either. I would get up and scream to try to get the team fired up and I was about the only one doing it. Dome of Doom my ass, that was the Dome of Dead. I had to turn the volume down on my daughters tablet because you could hear it over the noise in the arena.

This loss is on everyone involved: the team, the coaches, the guys that scheduled it for a Sunday at 2 the day after the Border War, and all of us fans that did absolutely nothing to help.

There's very little that positive that can come from this aside from the humbling of everyone involved. We're not good enough to take a day off. If the fan base thinks they can just wait for March and then start showing up, I hate to break it to them: if they don't start supporting this team we won't be playing in March. If they don't start showing up for every opponent in the ooc, we won't retain our staff. They'll go somewhere where they get the support they deserve.

Learn. Move on. Get better. That applies to everyone from the top all the way down to every fan that supposedly supports Wyoming basketball.

The season isn't over but if we repeat this crap a couple more times we're limiting our chance of making the dance to winning the MWC tournament.

This was just a bad effort from everyone involved in Wyoming basketball except Graham Ike.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

My :twocents:. Coach Bohl always says "dance with the one the brung ya". I feel coach Linder has lost track of who got him all the defensive stops the last 2 years. It was DuSell, Oden and Foster. DuSell only getting 1 min and Oden only getting 8 min is just flat out wrong. DuSell has been so solid on D the last 2 years and he always hit big shots.
My opinion is Coach is going with the flashy transfers and forgetting who the core was that got us to the tourney last year. Maybe there is a plan of getting these new guys experience early and then meshing everyone later to keep everyone happy but it obviously didn't work. Agbonkpolo didn't derserve 25 min yesterday.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

rich22 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:50 am My :twocents:. Coach Bohl always says "dance with the one the brung ya". I feel coach Linder has lost track of who got him all the defensive stops the last 2 years. It was DuSell, Oden and Foster. DuSell only getting 1 min and Oden only getting 8 min is just flat out wrong. DuSell has been so solid on D the last 2 years and he always hit big shots.
My opinion is Coach is going with the flashy transfers and forgetting who the core was that got us to the tourney last year. Maybe there is a plan of getting these new guys experience early and then meshing everyone later to keep everyone happy but it obviously didn't work. Agbonkpolo didn't derserve 25 min yesterday.
I would agree with DuSell (defensive asset). Kenny really hasn't played the last 2 years, and Oden didn't come on until the end of last year. I trust Linder knows what he is doing with minutes versus meaningless OOC games. The real rubber meets the road when conference starts (and Ike returns). If Wyoming can get to conference with 3 losses, I see another 24 or 25 win season, and maybe some noise at the MWC tourney.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Yup. not sure how Linder could look at what was going on and say “I’m going to sit DuSell and Oden”. Baffling
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wasn't Oden injured/sick for the last game? Maybe he was on a restricted number of minutes due to that.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I happened to catch this game where I was at Sunday. Waaaayyy to many three-pointers taken that weren't falling. Waaaayyyy too many. They really looked like they missed Ike. Obviously allowing the opposition to shoot 50 percent from three isn't ever going to help the cause. Hopefully this wakes them up and shows them they can't sleepwalk through games they are supposed to win on paper. By the way, the lack of crowd was absolutely embarrassing to see on TV. Yikes.
Cowpoke99
Buckaroo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

HUGE scheduling error in my opinion. This isn't on the fans as much as people are saying. The University has to realize that people don't come out on Sundays. Especially for the students because they're either way too hungover or they're going to church.