Air Force @ Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Luster needs to step up and take a shot when they leave him open. The zoomies did a good job of shutting down Cruz and Martinez, but they were letting Luster do whatever he wanted. I'm glad that we have a point guard that looks for the assist first, but he needs to score when they force him to beat the defense.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

I put some of the blame for this loss on the good people of Wyoming and the greater Front Range Poke fans.

Come the f-word on, this team's previous home game was win number 18 on the season and it was over the number 11 team in the country. The team may not have had an inside track to an at large NCAA tourney berth but I think its fair to say it controlled its own destiny. The team was vastly overachieving, with a scrappy bunch of blue collar types who are all playing over their heads, featured a fantastic story with Larry Shyatt coming back to Wyoming with a feeling of gratitude to the university and a sense of unfinished business, and features a dyed-in-the-wool, second-generation, Wyoming born and bred Cowboy as a senior leader.

If you can't get behind that team to the tune of 10,000 people for a critical home conference game, then screw you people. You don't deserve to have a winning basketball team if you aren't going to appreciate it when you have one. I don't give a f-word how much Schroyer pissed you off by taking this program into the depths of poop, its a new era and the team deserves your support. You better believe that if I lived within 200 miles of Laramie I would be at every goddamn home game. What's wrong with you people?

(Not directed at the die-hards who post here, obviously, but venting had to happen. I'm sick of all the f-word excuses people make for low attendance.)
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Cowduck wrote:I put some of the blame for this loss on the good people of Wyoming and the greater Front Range Poke fans.

Come the f-word on, this team's previous home game was win number 18 on the season and it was over the number 11 team in the country. The team may not have had an inside track to an at large NCAA tourney berth but I think its fair to say it controlled its own destiny. The team was vastly overachieving, with a scrappy bunch of blue collar types who are all playing over their heads, featured a fantastic story with Larry Shyatt coming back to Wyoming with a feeling of gratitude to the university and a sense of unfinished business, and features a dyed-in-the-wool, second-generation, Wyoming born and bred Cowboy as a senior leader.

If you can't get behind that team to the tune of 10,000 people for a critical home conference game, then screw you people. You don't deserve to have a winning basketball team if you aren't going to appreciate it when you have one. I don't give a f-word how much Schroyer pissed you off by taking this program into the depths of poop, its a new era and the team deserves your support. You better believe that if I lived within 200 miles of Laramie I would be at every goddamn home game. What's wrong with you people?

(Not directed at the die-hards who post here, obviously, but venting had to happen. I'm sick of all the f-word excuses people make for low attendance.)
This needs to be an editorial in all Wyoming newspapers.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Cowduck wrote:I put some of the blame for this loss on the good people of Wyoming and the greater Front Range Poke fans.

Well said man, being there in person last night it was truly PATHETIC.....if you can't love this team then check in your Pokes card for good!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

just curious Cowduck where do you live, just curious, me...Cheyenne
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Fairbanks, Alaska. Not exactly easy for me to get to any games. But I have watched every conference game this season thanks to the .mtn and am fearful that this may be my last season doing that for a while.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Cowduck wrote:Fairbanks, Alaska. Not exactly easy for me to get to any games. But I have watched every conference game this season thanks to the .mtn and am fearful that this may be my last season doing that for a while.
I agree with you completely, I hope whatever media contract they get they open streaming games online as an option as well I hope they have them televised as I have enjoyed being able to watch every game no matter how bad the announcers are I love watching my Cowboys!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Cowduck wrote:Fairbanks, Alaska. Not exactly easy for me to get to any games. But I have watched every conference game this season thanks to the .mtn and am fearful that this may be my last season doing that for a while.
How do you get the .mtn up here? I live on Eielson and can only watch through Wyo2dal's video stream.

How about these warmer temps? I always have to laugh at the folks "down south" when they complain that it's 30 degrees out...hell, that's the warmest we've been in MONTHS. If we think about it, we're 60 degrees warmer than a few weeks ago, and we're still colder than the folks complaining!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
I agree with you completely, I hope whatever media contract they get they open streaming games online as an option as well I hope they have them televised as I have enjoyed being able to watch every game no matter how bad the announcers are I love watching my Cowboys!

Wyo2dal...thanks for your feeds! I'm up here in AK, too...and they are the only way I can watch the games!
Cowduck
Cowpoke

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
How do you get the .mtn up here? I live on Eielson and can only watch through Wyo2dal's video stream.

How about these warmer temps? I always have to laugh at the folks "down south" when they complain that it's 30 degrees out...hell, that's the warmest we've been in MONTHS. If we think about it, we're 60 degrees warmer than a few weeks ago, and we're still colder than the folks complaining!
I am fortunate enough to live in a spot where I can get DirecTV, so I pay for the sports pack and voila, .mtn.

Holy hell, January was just brutal - the coldest January in 40 years! And if that wasn't miserable enough on its own terms, the bill for heating oil last month just bent us over the barrel. People in the lower 48 don't know what cold is. Even you folks still in Laramie. February has been very pleasant so far though - hoping we're not in for another cold snap before spring.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

cowduck, i liked the Fairbanks area when I was sent there as a trainer for AAA travel Dec. 2001-Feb 2002, interesting and brrrrr cold!!!! i need to go back when its all light and not all dark...lol
stay warm have fun and GO POKES.....we should Beeeet the Sheeeeep