Air Force @ Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Air Force (11-11, 1-7 MWC) @ Wyoming (18-6, 4-4 MWC)

Game time is 6:00pm MST Stream will be on Livestream & Veetle I will start them @ 5:30pm.

Air Force @ Wyoming - Veetle HQ , Livestream LQ & Mobile & Veetle Mobile

Offense Comparison & Defense Comparison

Conf Offense Comparison & Conf Defense Comparison
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Down 50-45 with 8:07 left. Looking ahead to CSU?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

52-45, AFA with 6:05 left. Scoring woes continue for UW.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Terrible terrible terrible!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

What happened? 1 minute, we're keeping Air Force off balance on both sides of the ball, the next we can barely score or stop them.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Is heath back? They should be embarrassed for that second half
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Just awful play in the 2nd half the team is still building, While I really hate to see losses like this I'm not surprised AFA came out hard after the coach being fired and everything else.

I still have hope that we can make the NIT, while I have great hope for this team they are still exciting to watch!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

I still expect the NIT--as long as we do not blow it down the stretch.

BS University/JuCo is up 15-7 on the Sheep to start the game in Boise. There are many opportunities to lose games on the road in this league. Just ask Vegas.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

The NIT will be great for us I think. Hopefully the fans show their support. Honestly what else could people in Laramie be doing at night. Both students and members of the community.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote:The NIT will be great for us I think. Hopefully the fans show their support. Honestly what else could people in Laramie be doing at night. Both students and members of the community.
Homework and jobs, seems about right on most mid-week nights during the school week.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

BSU with the Buzzer beater on CSU actually helps us.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I think the team is hitting a collective wall right now. I think they have come about as far as they could have expected, but to take that next step, you simply have to be able to score the ball sometimes and we can't do that.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

ugly...ugly...ugly...no inside post play and it's starting to take it's toll on this team!!! can't depend on the 3 ball esp if it's not going. I hate watching the 2nd halves lately. I think someone's right, we've hit the wall, this offense is sad to watch stand around for the 1st 20-25 seconds then get it rolling. Don't understand why Leonard doesn't take it to the hole more than he does, he's a beast down low and we just don't utilize him like we should. Kinda scared to go to Moby this weekend esp with that buzzer beater? But hopefully we can rally the troops and see what happens, but Adam (although) he scored a quiet 15, needs to truly get tougher inside and take the ball to hole with authority. Luke is in a slump and hopefully he breaks out at Moby...see y'all there...but ugh this was scary sad
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:The NIT will be great for us I think. Hopefully the fans show their support. Honestly what else could people in Laramie be doing at night. Both students and members of the community.
Homework and jobs, seems about right on most mid-week nights during the school week.
Didn't seem to stop fans in previous eras.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

very disappointed with the lack of energy and lack of students, it's like the team was waiting for the crowd to erupt and it didn't happen until that almost steal at the end, this team (fun to watch) really needs to learn to score the damn basketball....ugh
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

no body has ever showed up for an AF basketball game.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:Honestly what else could people in Laramie be doing at night. Both students and members of the community.
Didn't seem to stop fans in previous eras.
To be fair, there is a big difference in scheduling and priorities between Wednesday night and Thursday night when it comes to looking at things-to-complete-by-the-end-of the-week. As a student, I remember slipping into weekend mode on Thursday night when I arrived at the game. Wednesday night is still a mid-week game and it is harder to be cavalier about dealing with other issues in the middle of the week than it is when all that is left is Friday. I think that is part of the reason Thursday/Saturday game rotations are so important.

I also seem to recall that, all else equal, Thursday games had lower attendance than Friday games. The best attended games that I remember were games when the Pokes pulled an upset on Thursday night with a good rival (i.e. BYU, Utah, New Mexico) scheduled to play in Laramie on Saturday.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

your point is considered and understood, but it felt like a Heath Schroyer led team but with Larry's squad there's more at stake, say we get a mid week (wed) NIT game will the same type of crowd show up or lack there of. You could tell the lack of energy in that crowd last night took it's toll on the boys as well....Sure hope the last 2 people come up to truly show their support and dedication to this hard working fun team to watch. When I was a student, i always looked forward to going to the AA regardless what night it was and test or no test the next day it was an escape for a few hours, guess priorities are a bit different now.
sorry for the rant just disappointed that's all
GO POKES.....BEEEET the SHEEEEEP
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We were ahead 34-20. From that point forward, we were outscored 38-19. I don't care if there are 200 fans there, that shouldn't happen.

But, we get absolutely nothing from the bench. Our starters are wearing down. They play so hard on the defensive end and unless they get in foul trouble, they all play over 30 minutes a game. I would like to have seen us play a more up tempo game last night and really get up and down the court. But how can we do that and not wear our starters out?

Sadly, we are 26 games into the season and not one player from the bench has stepped up and contributed on a consistent basis. Saturday night, Martinez and Cruz will be chasing their shooters around the court and then have to try and score on the other end. It's going to be tough.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke

stymeman wrote:You could tell the lack of energy in that crowd last night took it's toll on the boys as well....

When I was a student, i always looked forward to going to the AA regardless what night it was and test or no test the next day it was an escape for a few hours

GO POKES.....BEEEET the SHEEEEEP
I agree that you could see the discouragement in the player's body language. An empty home arena can do that, along with shots not falling.

As a student, I very rarely missed a game, with the exception of Joby Wrong's last year as coach--so I am with you about looking forward to games in the A-A, even during the week. My roommate from those days can relate a story about waiting until after the game on a Thursday night to begin working on a final paper due on Friday.

CSU will surely have some intensity following their loss last night. I hope to enjoy watching Luster "get up under" Eikmer again and render his shooting irrelevant. I do worry that CSU might shoot more accurately in Ft. Collins than they did in Laramie.