Bilas Bias

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

This is why I attach no credibility to what Jay Bilas says about the Big Dance.

HEADLINE/LINK TITLE Bilas: Automatic bids should be eliminated | ESPN's Insiderhttp://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college ... c-bids-ncb

The Duke alumnus is all about getting the last ACC team in before the best team from a conference that Duke refuses to let on the schedule.

I good Mid-Major (or lower) cannot get a game against the kind of team that they must play and beat to meet the Bilas standard of worthiness.

In my mind, removing the at-large bids leaves the tournament process with more credibility than removing the automatic bids.

At the end of the day, when the conference tournaments start, every team is in a position to win the NCAA Championship. Winner advances, looser goes home. Every school has a choice between playing in a tougher league or an easier league. There are tradeoffs between the two. At the end of each game, the scoreboard and not a committee decides who is still dancing.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

he's just scared, like most "college basketball experts" that live East of the Mississippi and went to a big boy school, cuz he knows that during this most wonderful time of the year anything can happen, aka Butler (almost)
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Geezus.......that's the one thing that makes March Madness great! I mean my god, Butler and Virginia Commonwealth made the Final Four last year! Another reason to despise Duke....
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

J-Rod wrote:Geezus.......that's the one thing that makes March Madness great! I mean my god, Butler and Virginia Commonwealth made the Final Four last year! Another reason to despise Duke....

which i do hate Douche almost as much as the Sheeeep