Fun Post on Moving to Wyoming

Keep it clean, but this is the place if you want to smack talk!
cparas
Buckaroo

Hey Guys, my company did some research on things people should know before moving to Wyoming and we think we did a good job, but we'd value your opinion. Let us know what we missed or what we got right: http://www.movoto.com/blog/opinions/moving-to-wyoming/ Thanks! Christine
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyoming is a way of life and one that I won't leave unless they drag me out of here feet first. I have been all over the US and much of the world and this is where I choose to live. One thing is wrong with that info though - we do have a football team and it is called the University of Wyoming Cowboys. Welcome to Wyoming.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WYCowboy wrote:Wyoming is a way of life and one that I won't leave unless they drag me out of here feet first. I have been all over the US and much of the world and this is where I choose to live. One thing is wrong with that info though - we do have a football team and it is called the University of Wyoming Cowboys. Welcome to Wyoming.
^^^^^^This.

And welcome!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

What I love about Wyoming is that it is the best branded state. The currency, the University, the license plates, the signage, the clothing, etc. Steamboat all around. It really is a way of life. I started my education at UW and finished at USU. I grew up in Wyoming in a BYU family (extended family thank goodness) In fact, family even played at BYU. But Wyoming is so much different than anywhere else. I now live in Utah and have a great job here and actually like my sourroundings. But I miss the Wyoming way of life. It is so simple and full of people who are from the good ol days. Just the other day I was at Lowes in my UW digs and soemone from across the aisle in anotehr line said, "Go Pokes." It is like family. Granted, sometimes we fight life family, but at the end of the day, I will always give a shout out to my large Wy family.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Born and raised here, Born in Cheyenne, moved to Buffalo when i was 1, lived there for 27 years, moved away to the larger cities, Denver(3x), Phoenix(2x), Salt Lake City(2x), Omaha(3 months), and have lived in Cheyenne, Casper, Buffalo, Laramie, Torrington, Cody, Gillette, and there's no place like it. Graduated from Buffalo High School, went to University of Wyoming, during good football 1988-1993 and decent Bball. And living here isn't for the faint at heart, it's cooler, windier and just different, but the lack of humidity is one huge plus for me. Growing up at the base of the Bighorns, having a father, retired Game Warden, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I left many different times to chase the $$, but visited all the time and when people ask where I am from it proudly comes out, God's country!!
Always tried to "find myself" but just couldn't get it in the bigger towns and once I left the state, it always felt like the gate was truly closed on coming back. Most recently after struggling in Casper(in my field, travel), I moved to Phoenix reluctantly in 2011, only to get lucky and get a job back in Cheyenne 4 months later, I was elated.
Living in other states my desire to get back was like no other, and my pride for UW even tho struggling was stronger than ever. I've been in NYC with my Pokes gear on and you do hear GO Pokes even out there!!!
Wyoming like no place on earth and I truly believe it, and doubt I'll ever leave again(i hope). It's a pride you can't explain unless you live here!!!! I LOVE IT
This was fun to look at for even more pride!
randy
Buckaroo

djm19 wrote:What I love about Wyoming is that it is the best branded state. The currency, the University, the license plates, the signage, the clothing, etc. Steamboat all around. It really is a way of life. I started my education at UW and finished at USU. I grew up in Wyoming in a BYU family (extended family thank goodness) In fact, family even played at BYU. But Wyoming is so much different than anywhere else. I now live in Utah and have a great job here and actually like my sourroundings. But I miss the Wyoming way of life. It is so simple and full of people who are from the good ol days. Just the other day I was at Lowes in my UW digs and soemone from across the aisle in anotehr line said, "Go Pokes." It is like family. Granted, sometimes we fight life family, but at the end of the day, I will always give a shout out to my large Wy family.
All very true
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I hate these things. The less people that know about our little piece of heaven the better, IMO